X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Police: A New Low

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Hoe many people are in the south?
    How many people are under 25 everywhere else?

Whichever is greater.
    What do you do with the under 25 crowd in the south?
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Harvard

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory

Next - the Post Office

Harvard again

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...6yH/story.html
      Last edited by joecct; 12-02-2015, 06:26 AM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This is what real political correctness looks like.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          This is what real political correctness looks like.
          That's nothing to do with political correctness in the least. Now you're trying to redefine the word's meaning. What Larry Wilmore found is a matter of historical revisionism in order to bleach out past transgressions.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            That's nothing to do with political correctness in the least. Now you're trying to redefine the word's meaning. What Larry Wilmore found is a matter of historical revisionism in order to bleach out past transgressions.
            I'll grant you they are not exactly the same thing, but I do think these excesses spring from the same mindset: the psychological need to redefine everyone's reality to conform to one's own inner ideological assumption.

Stanford students chant "hey hey, ho, ho, Western Culture has got to go!" because their little snowflake brains can't cope with the fact that Christian white males dominated history up until about 1970 while these righty yahoos are passing laws to censor history because they don't want little Gunner Junior learning that Christian whites males treated everybody else like sh-t up until about 1970.

It's the same need to block out reality, jam fingers in your ears, and go "la la la" and reinvent history to suit one's personal neuroses. On the right it is not politically correct to bring up slavery or Jim Crow or indigenous genocide or Dresden or Allende or Mossadegh or Diem or Lumumba or Goulart or Trujillo or Arenz, so much so that they're now becoming deniers about it, just as they deny scientific reality.
            Last edited by Kepler; 12-02-2015, 10:12 AM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I'll grant you they are not exactly the same thing, but I do think these excesses spring from the same mindset: the psychological need to redefine everyone's reality to conform to one's own inner ideological assumption.

Stanford students chant "hey hey, ho, ho, Western Culture has got to go!" because their little snowflake brains can't cope with the fact that Christian white males dominated history up until about 1970 while these righty yahoos are passing laws to censor history because they don't want little Gunner Junior learning that Christian whites males treated everybody else like sh-t up until about 1970.

It's the same need to block out reality, jam fingers in your ears, and go "la la la" and reinvent history to suit one's personal neuroses. On the right it is not politically correct to bring up slavery or Jim Crow or indigenous genocide or Dresden or Allende or Mossadegh or Diem or Lumumba or Goulart or Trujillo or Arenz, so much so that they're now becoming deniers about it, just as they deny scientific reality.
              Hey - we settled this country by the oldest right in the book - conquest.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Hey - we settled this country by the oldest right in the book - conquest.
                "We stole it fair and square." Traditional morality.

I'm cool if the history books say, "the Injuns had opposable thumbs. They could have invented flintlocks but they didn't, so boo hoo." But these history books are saying "Jesus crapped out the Mayflower Compact on his way to wiping out the pagan savages with the holy hand grenade of smallpox. Amen."

The herpa-derps can lie to their larvae all they want in homeschool and Bible school. They just can't lie to them in state schools. There's a separation between derp and fact.
                Last edited by Kepler; 12-02-2015, 10:31 AM.
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Generally speaking, "PC" can be summed up in four words. "Don't be a jerk."And I'll be the person who tells you what now defines being a jerk. Obviously, jerks take offense to that, but all anti-PC is is jerks playing their own PC card and saying "Waaaaaaaaaaaah... I WANNA be a jerk!"
                  "PC" is moving the goalposts. "Anti-PC" is simply whining about it. Neither can claim the high ground. It's like Patriot fans complaining the other team took an unfair advantage.

The goalposts occasionally need to be moved, but not necessarily in the direction or degree advocated by PC. This is simply a conflict between those who see no need for movement, or movement in tiny, delayed increments, versus those impatient for change, due to a combination of their own impatience and a sense that change can only be made advocating big moves that create small shifts.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    "PC" is moving the goalposts. "Anti-PC" is simply whining about it. Neither can claim the high ground. It's like Patriot fans complaining the other team took an unfair advantage.

The goalposts occasionally need to be moved, but not necessarily in the direction or degree advocated by PC. This is simply a conflict between those who see no need for movement, or movement in tiny, delayed increments, versus those impatient for change, due to a combination of their own impatience and a sense that change can only be made advocating big moves that create small shifts.
                    I'll actually buy that in full. You have convinced me.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Chesty Puller is spinning in his grave.

http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...an-in-circles/

U.S. Marines and members of all branches of the military are being encouraged to join monthly “Lean In” support groups, where they can visit a “safe place” to talk about gender issues.

The Pentagon is partnering with Sheryl Sandberg, the chief operating officer of Facebook, who began the “Lean In” gender equality movement.
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

University of Tennessee

http://diversity.utk.edu/resources/holidays/
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Other than not referring to Secret Santas, a term which is essentially non-religious anyway, I don't see anything in there that should cause anyone to flip their shiat. Especially for a government entity.

What exactly do you think is wrong with that one?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            If a potluck-style party or celebration is planned, encourage employees to bring food items that reflect their personal religions, cultures, and celebrations. Use this as an opportunity for individuals to share what they brought and why it is meaningful to them.
                            How about just posting a pot luck and letting people bring in whatever the **** they want to bring in to serve? Why call out the religions, cultures and celebrations? I'm not gong to push someone one way or another except having a list for desserts, side dishes, entrees, etc.. After that, bring whatever you want.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              How about just posting a pot luck and letting people bring in whatever the **** they want to bring in to serve? Why call out the religions, cultures and celebrations? I'm not gong to push someone one way or another except having a list for desserts, side dishes, entrees, etc.. After that, bring whatever you want.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by unofun View Post
                                So you think there are more SJWs than racist asshats in this country? Seriously?
                                what do Single Jewish Women have to do with racism??

Kidding aside, this is a really, really lame response from you. "yeah, we may be felons, but we are only class D felons, we are not nearly so bad as those other class B felons, so give us a break."

Your personal animosity towards me seems to cloud your sense of reason in these replies, you don't seem to lose it anywhere near as badly when you reply to others. Maybe if you merely replied to the content instead of trying to show me up?

maybe something like "yeah, both sides are pretty intolerant, but at least one side's intolerance comes from good motivations (wanting a better world, impatient on how to get there) while the other side's intolerance comes from bigotry and hatred, which is definitely a bad motivation." now that would be a reasonable response, one that (if I cared!) would leave me mumbling, "yeah, yeah.." because it would both acknowledge the superficial surface complaint while also parsing out the more important underlying difference.

and I probably shouldn't yank your chain as much as I do either, I should realize that some people don't like to spar for recreation as much as I do, they only want to hit a punching bag that doesn't hit back. seriously, when I can provide a better comeback to my own post than you can, you really might want to reconsider!
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X