Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    The written word??

It was a label on a map he was objecting to, not what people spoke. How many people read maps out loud??

and yes, it really is called the United Negro College Fund....http://invest.uncf.org
    I was merely talking about your racist infused quip at the end.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: PC Police: A New Low

If Kathleen Parker had used the word "poutrage" I would be convinced she was channeling OP.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinio...cid=spartandhp

Great piece
      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
      Groucho Marx
      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
      Ron White
      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
      Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
        If Kathleen Parker had used the word "poutrage" I would be convinced she was channeling OP.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinio...cid=spartandhp

Great piece
        The funny thing is we could as easily say the same thing about criticism of religion or the military or other conservative memes. But that is right wing political correctness so, you know, that's just good manners and, sniff, patriotism.

The "victims of PC" are just as whiney and thin-skinned as the activists. Especially seeing how it's now churned out as its own cottage industry in righty opinion pieces with such regularity that it's almost as if these people have nothing else in their heads but their sense of perpetual victimhood.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          The funny thing is we could as easily say the same thing about criticism of religion or the military or other conservative memes. But that is right wing political correctness so, you know, that's just good manners and, sniff, patriotism.

The "victims of PC" are just as whiney and thin-skinned as the activists. Especially seeing how it's now churned out as its own cottage industry in righty opinion pieces with such regularity that it's almost as if these people have nothing else in their heads but their sense of perpetual victimhood.
          "Yes, my side is guilty but so is the other side" is quite often a valid point (as it is here). It is, however, rarely a good defense of the actions.
          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
          Groucho Marx
          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
          Ron White
          "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
          Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Having lived in the northeast, mid-Atlantic, south (though not the deep south) and west, the only place I've ever heard adults use the n-word regularly as a disparaging term is Boston, where blue collars used it constantly as late as the 90s. Lower middle class whites in Boston were laughably racist. In Southie they never got the memo that the 50s are over.
            Worked at a place in Boston for a couple of years. First day I showed up, I noticed a sign outside that said 'no swearing allowed' I was surprised to see a sign visible that all their clients and business partners would see. But I would also say the first meeting I was in...even top executives were swearing like drunken sailors. And that was the tip of the iceberg. Never seen anything like it before or since.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Worked at a place in Boston for a couple of years. First day I showed up, I noticed a sign outside that said 'no swearing allowed' I was surprised to see a sign visible that all their clients and business partners would see. But I would also say the first meeting I was in...even top executives were swearing like drunken sailors. And that was the tip of the iceberg. Never seen anything like it before or since.
              Heh. When I first started my current job (warehouse), there were a TON of Bible college students that worked there. Think "Footloose" style Bible students. One day, one of them irked me, to say the least. When she left the area, I warned the others I was going to use some salty language. Even dropped the C-word (female version). After the rant, they spent about 2-3 seconds completely wide-eyed, and they burst into laughter and said that was one of the funniest rants they ever heard.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Heh. When I first started my current job (warehouse), there were a TON of Bible college students that worked there. Think "Footloose" style Bible students. One day, one of them irked me, to say the least. When she left the area, I warned the others I was going to use some salty language. Even dropped the C-word (female version). After the rant, they spent about 2-3 seconds completely wide-eyed, and they burst into laughter and said that was one of the funniest rants they ever heard.
                I work in an environment where the f word is used in nearly every sentence. Consequence of a place where nearly everybody is somebody who's been here 5+ years and everybody knows and new people cycle through so fast I never bother to learn names until they've been here a year or more.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  I work in an environment where the f word is used in nearly every sentence. Consequence of a place where nearly everybody is somebody who's been here 5+ years and everybody knows and new people cycle through so fast I never bother to learn names until they've been here a year or more.
                  You work in a similar industry, for lack of a better word. Swearing is usually rampant at both our jobs.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    You work in a similar industry, for lack of a better word. Swearing is usually rampant at both our jobs.
                    No doubt. When you move around thousands of pounds of stuff you need to swear.

In my job, with heavy machinery that can kill or seriously hurt people, we will use some forceful language if some newbie is doing something stupid. Often to the chagrin of our HR Department.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      No doubt. When you move around thousands of pounds of stuff you need to swear.

In my job, with heavy machinery that can kill or seriously hurt people, we will use some forceful language if some newbie is doing something stupid. Often to the chagrin of our HR Department.
                      I hear ya. Thankfully, I work mostly alone nowadays, so I can cuss all I want without repercussion. And it's often.

Comment

Maybe this is sexist, but whatever.

I hear a lot of frustration swearing in my job. But never any regular discourse swearing.

Except for one person. And she's a she. It always seems off hearing a completely misplaced sh!!t dropped in a sentence.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Maybe this is sexist, but whatever.

I hear a lot of frustration swearing in my job. But never any regular discourse swearing.

Except for one person. And she's a she. It always seems off hearing a completely misplaced sh!!t dropped in a sentence.
                          I don't see how it is sexist to state facts about a specific coworker.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I cut out the last part.

I don't like hearing women swear casually. It's just unattractive. It's like today at the football game. There were plenty of smoke shows completely wasted. The most attractive ones were the ones who weren't.

Especially the sloppy azz married 45+ b!ches behind me. So gross. Flirting with everything that moved.

Im not sure. But I'm pretty sure some of them left with the drunk 22-25-year-old badger fans.

Either way, thanks for spilling your Miller lite on my wool coat you stupid drunks, and not offering to pay for the dry cleaning. (Not just a splash, but half her ****ing beer.)
                            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 11-28-2015, 11:44 PM.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Swearing happens so much at work, I don't even notice anymore. One hour in my office would have today's social justice warriors crying in a corner in the fetal position.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Swearing happens so much at work, I don't even notice anymore. One hour in my office would have today's social justice warriors crying in a corner in the fetal position.
                                Mine too, and in a vastly different field from yours.

"I'll take a quick look into that, mind if I put you on a brief hold?"

*hold*

You dumb effing * you didn't read the *ing form. We can't do *.

Pretty common occurrence.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X