X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why obama will be re-elected in 2012

Lot of truth here...
    WHY OBAMA WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN 2012

Dr. Williams' prediction: Maybe you have read some newspaper articles written by Dr. Williams a conservative economist who happens to be Black. He has taught at several Universities and is currently teaching at George Mason University .

No Matter What

By Dr. Walter Williams

Can President Obama be defeated in 2012? No. He can't.. I am going on record as saying that President Barak Obama will win a second term.
    The media won't tell you this because a good election campaign means hundreds of millions (or in Obama's case billions) of dollars to them in advertising.

But the truth is, there simply are no conditions under which Barak Obama can be defeated in 2012.
    The quality of the Republican candidate doesn't matter. Obama gets reelected.
    Nine percent unemployment? No problem. Obama will win.
    Gas prices moving toward five dollars a gallon? He still wins.
    The economy soars or goes into the gutter. Obama wins.
    War in the Middle East ? He wins a second term.

America's role as the leading Superpower disappears? Hurrah for Barak Obama!
    The U.S. government rushes toward bankruptcy, the dollar continues to sink on world markets and the price of daily goods and services soars due to inflation fueled by Obama's extraordinary deficit spending? Obama wins handily.

You are crazy Williams. Don't you understand how volatile politics can be when overall economic, government, and world conditions are declining? Sure I do.

And that's why I know Obama will win. The American people are notoriously ignorant of economics. And economics is the key to why Obama should be defeated.

Even when Obama's policies lead the nation to final ruin, the majority of the American people are going to believe the bait-and-switch tactics Obama and his supporters in the media will use to explain why it isn't his fault. After all, things were much worse than understood when he took office.

Obama's reelection is really a very, very simple math problem. Consider the following:

1) Blacks will vote for Obama blindly. Period. Doesn't matter what he does. It's a race thing. He's one of us,

2) College educated women will vote for Obama. Though they will be offended by this, they swoon at his oratory. It's really not more complex than that,

3) Liberals will vote for Obama. He is their great hope,

4) Democrats will vote for Obama. He is the leader of their party and his coat tails will carry them to victory nationwide,

5) Hispanics will vote for Obama. He is the path to citizenship for those who are illegal and Hispanic leaders recognize the political clout they carry in the Democratic Party,

6) Union members will vote overwhelmingly for Obama. He is their key to money and power in business, state and local politics,

7) Big Business will support Obama. They already have. He has almost $1 Billion dollars in his reelection purse gained largely from his connections with Big Business and is gaining more every day. Big Business loves Obama because he gives them access to taxpayer money so long as they support his social and political agenda,

8) The media love him. They may attack the people who work for him, but they love him. After all, to not love him would be racist,

9) Most other minorities and special interest groups will vote for him. Oddly, the overwhelming majority of Jews and Muslims will support him because they won't vote Republican. American Indians will support him. Obviously homosexuals tend to vote Democratic. And lastly,

10) Approximately half of independents will vote for Obama. And he doesn't need anywhere near that number because he has all of the groups previously mentioned. The President will win an overwhelming victory in 2012.

-- Dr. Walter Williams

IN ADDITION TO THE VOTING BLOCKS HE MENTIONS, THERE IS ANOTHER HUGE GROUP: THE NEARLY ONE-HALF OF ALL ADULTS DO NOT PAY ANY TAXES AND, IN FACT, MOST OF THEM RECEIVE MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO "SHAKE THE BOAT" TO DO ANYTHING TO STOP THE FLOW OF TAXPAYER MONEY TO THEMSELVE

It's believed the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal's - and they vote - then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

If you are in favor of this, then by all means, delete this message.

If you are not, then pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake, knowing that apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Re: why obama will be re-elected in 2012

A herp that will derp in infamy.

Comment

Did someone hack mookie's account? or is he just posting every chain e-mail that comes his way?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        IN ADDITION TO THE VOTING BLOCKS HE MENTIONS, THERE IS ANOTHER HUGE GROUP: THE NEARLY ONE-HALF OF ALL ADULTS DO NOT PAY ANY TAXES AND, IN FACT, MOST OF THEM RECEIVE MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO "SHAKE THE BOAT" TO DO ANYTHING TO STOP THE FLOW OF TAXPAYER MONEY TO THEMSELVE
        Everyone that is employed pays federal taxes. Since it all goes into the same pot anyway that means that everyone who works is paying taxes and this BS rhetoric from the right about all the non-taxpayers is a big lie.

If you're not employed it's pretty hard to pay any sort of income related tax.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Dear Mookie,

STHU.

Sincerely,

Principled Conservatives Everywhere
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Everyone that is employed pays federal taxes. Since it all goes into the same pot anyway that means that everyone who works is paying taxes and this BS rhetoric from the right about all the non-taxpayers is a big lie.

If you're not employed it's pretty hard to pay any sort of income related tax.
            I know that's not true. I expect the break is somewhere around, if you have 3 kids (max out the earned income credit) and earn under about $50,000, you're going to get back more as a "refund" than you paid in all year in income, payroll, SS and Medicare taxes. I know I do, my rate is about -7% the last few years as I live on student wages with kids at home. The check I get as a "refund" is far more than I am taxed all year.
            A big chunk of America is in this boat, I've heard around 50% but don't have actual numbers on that. fyi USCHO posters do NOT represent the American working class.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

It's tough to think anything is serious when it misspells the President's name in the first line.
              Cornell University Men's Hockey
              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

While inartfully stated ("my choice of words was poor" -R Limbaugh) what the guy's basically saying is that the only people who won't be voting for Obama will be crabby old white guys and Evangelicals.... That sounds about right.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  While inartfully stated ("my choice of words was poor" -R Limbaugh) what the guy's basically saying is that the only people who won't be voting for Obama will be crabby old white guys and Evangelicals.... That sounds about right.
                  You're right. Obama has been masterful at catering to voting groups in ways that will make them likely to vote for him, even if longterm his policy directions are disastrous for the country. But, we can't see beyond next week for the most part, so he'll be long gone before most of the negative consequences become obvious. The OP is inarticulate, but there's a vein of truth in much of what it says.
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

I'm having chest pain. I'm in almost total agreement with Rover.

The author is no Hemingway but what he said isn't far from what I think will happen.

Just for fun, I'd be happy to drop a friendly wager with those of you claiming it's derp. I'll be happy to bet that Obama carries all the groups mentioned (with the exception of "big business" since it's too vague and probably not quantifiable)
                    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                    Groucho Marx
                    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                    Ron White
                    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                    Milo Bloom

Comment

I know more than a few disillusioned people in their 20s who won't be voting for BO this time around. They do not like it that he wants them to subsidize older people's health insurance, and they seem to view him pretty much as a glorified con man, lots of great phrases but just another wheeler-dealer rewarding his buddies and punishing those who oppose his policies, no different than any other career politician.

Ironically, Ron Paul seems to have the most resonance with this group. Look at how many of his supporters come from this demographic.
                      Last edited by FreshFish; 03-06-2012, 10:53 AM.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        I know that's not true. I expect the break is somewhere around, if you have 3 kids (max out the earned income credit) and earn under about $50,000, you're going to get back more as a "refund" than you paid in all year in income, payroll, SS and Medicare taxes. I know I do, my rate is about -7% the last few years as I live on student wages with kids at home. The check I get as a "refund" is far more than I am taxed all year.
                        A big chunk of America is in this boat, I've heard around 50% but don't have actual numbers on that. fyi USCHO posters do NOT represent the American working class.
                        this is the issue that keeps on giving, it comes up every few months...the best way to frame it is NET taxes...every working person pays some taxes, many get something back, some of those get more back than they put in. So, for that last group, their net taxes are less than $0.
                        Last edited by pirate; 03-06-2012, 10:43 AM.
                        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Will giving money to a Nigerian prince stop Obama from being re-elected?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                            I'll be happy to bet that Obama carries all the groups mentioned (with the exception of "big business" since it's too vague and probably not quantifiable)
                            Obama will also have a large majority of votes cast by dead people, I'm sure.
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Will giving money to a Nigerian prince stop Obama from being re-elected?
                              Don't be silly; Obama IS the Nigerian prince who's trying to scam you to steal your money. It's all spelled out right there in the Koran.
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X