Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nascar 2012

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Current Nascar Sprint Cup points leader and partially unsponsored driver tells Roush Racing to go pound sand:
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...ing/55837750/1

I do hope he wins his second championship this season. He's been silently putting together another great season (similar to 2003).
    I heat to say it, but you can just about kiss that lead goodbye. Kenseth is consistent, but I'm sure the team dynamic will change, especially once Stenhouse Jr. starts hanging out around the team and they start to gear up for his entry into the car next year.
    Dance like no one's watching, sing like no one's listening, live each day as if it's your last...

Dirty - I'd be more suited to be the hockey coach at NDSU.

Comment

Whelp, Almendinger had a pretty good run. He was a class act two years ago running a modified race at Berlin, near Grand Rapids, MI. Hope everything works out for him.
      This space for sale.

Comment

Gordon gets win #86 today at Pocono.
        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
          Gordon gets win #86 today at Pocono.
          And lightning kills one on the way out.

Why can't NASCAR get rain tires like F-1 and other road course racers?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Indy doesn't race ovals in the rain, do they?

I think you'd have more of an argument if they were on one of the rare road course races... at least there, you can say that everyone else runs in the rain.
            Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
            Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
              Indy doesn't race ovals in the rain, do they?

I think you'd have more of an argument if they were on one of the rare road course races... at least there, you can say that everyone else runs in the rain.
              Them, too. Why not?? Granted, going around an oval at 90 as opposed to 180 may look like boredom, but they're still racing.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

They don't want to add the amount of testing it would take to be able to have the option to run another kind of tire, just for a few races.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Really? You pop positive on a whiz quiz...for Adderall?

AllmenDNQer gets a 50 DKP minus.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

WOW!

What an end to that race at Watkins Glen today! Might have been the best NASCAR finish I've seen in years. Incredible stuff.

Congrats to Ambrose and great racing between him and Keselowski to the flag.

Great points day for the 48! I'll take a third place today on a road course.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

**** good racing tonight!!! (kenseth blows however ) but a very fun night so far with the left turns
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I tuned in at about Lap 360. There's been a couple times where we could have had a 15 car wreck.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Overall a good race. Finally some action. This season has certainly been lacking that. Also, we finally have some drama between some drivers. Can't wait to see if Tony runs over Kenseth every chance he gets the rest of the season.

Comment

Gordon wins at Homestead for win #87 and Keselowski wins the championship.
                            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                              GorKeselowski wins the championship.
                              Not a big fan of Brad but it's nice to see Roger Penske finally win one.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Gordon winning the race is pretty funny when even he wasn't sure he would be allowed to race it.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X