Nascar 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    My company used to have Biffle. Dumped him for I don't know why.
    They didn't want to pay the $$$ required to run the top level.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Nascar 2012

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      They didn't want to pay the $$$ required to run the top level.
      That's what I'm guessing. IIRC, we got him when he was first starting out. I guess didn't believe in a long term investment. Whoops.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Interesting that Kenseth and Biffle are teammates. Both have Minnesota sponsors.
        So does Montoya.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

*****http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/43313.jpg******

Not mine, but I LOLed.
          Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
          Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Hell of a teammate.
            Biffle NEEDS to go for the win there. I don't care if its his teammate in front of him. Its the Daytona freaking 500, you try to win the **** thing! That ****ed me off. I wish Hamlin would have had a dancing partner with him to go to the outside and pass all three of them.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Or horribly boring. Like this. Just terrible.
              I really didn't think it was boring. Those last 30 laps were pretty good in my book. I loved to see the racing strategy between Kenseth and Biffle on all of the restarts. You'd think that Jr. could have slipped past on the low side if he and whoever was behind him at the time teamed up and made a push right when Kenseth went high to pick up Biffle, but that never happened. Oh well, I'd rather see Kenseth win than Jr. anyway.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                I really didn't think it was boring. Those last 30 laps were pretty good in my book. I loved to see the racing strategy between Kenseth and Biffle on all of the restarts. You'd think that Jr. could have slipped past on the low side if he and whoever was behind him at the time teamed up and made a push right when Kenseth went high to pick up Biffle, but that never happened. Oh well, I'd rather see Kenseth win than Jr. anyway.
                Yeah, I guess it's a matter of preference. I'm hoping they open up the radiators a hair more. The thing that killed teams from moving up the outside was the cars getting too hot, having to move out of the line to cool off, only to cause a wreck. These cars are far too unstable to have that much lateral movement. You so much as look at the left rear wrong and you'll spin the car.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yeah, I guess it's a matter of preference. I'm hoping they open up the radiators a hair more. The thing that killed teams from moving up the outside was the cars getting too hot, having to move out of the line to cool off, only to cause a wreck. These cars are far too unstable to have that much lateral movement. You so much as look at the left rear wrong and you'll spin the car.
                  Also, there are only 4 races a year where this is even an issue, but yeah, I could see the reasoning behind opening up the radiators a bit more. I just don't want to get to the point of having the 2 car tandems for the entire 200 miles, because that wasn't interesting to me at all. They need to find the right balance.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Also, there are only 4 races a year where this is even an issue, but yeah, I could see the reasoning behind opening up the radiators a bit more. I just don't want to get to the point of having the 2 car tandems for the entire 200 miles, because that wasn't interesting to me at all. They need to find the right balance.
                    Completely agree. While I thought the 2-car tandems were great in some situations, they were ultimately boring for the average fan.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

They say the popularity of the sport is starting to die. I have a solution.

Ramps. And fire. Ramps and fire.

Now you may say that's crazy, but are you telling me you wouldn't like seeing a photo-finish involving two airborne cars that just jumped over a wall of fire? Exactly.

I missed the race up until they got the caution laps going after Montoya's blunder. How in the world did they manage to crash on the 2nd lap?
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        I missed the race up until they got the caution laps going after Montoya's blunder. How in the world did they manage to crash on the 2nd lap?
                        Someone (I believe it was Sadler) got into the left rear quarter of the car in front of him and **** hit the fan.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

They say the popularity of the sport is starting to die. I have a solution.

Ramps. And fire. Ramps and fire.
                          Land mines. Arm the drivers. Throw in a right turn.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

How in the world did they manage to crash on the 2nd lap?
                            I'm sure it was the same as every wreck I saw after the red-flag restart: someone made a miscalculation, made light contact with a car ahead of them, initiating a spin in a pack, leading to cars strewn across the track (and sometimes infield) like bowling pins. There's nothing special about lap 2 that makes it less likely than any other lap to have a crash like that—in fact, I'd say it's more likely because various damage and mechanical issues hasn't thinned out the field yet so there are more cars in the pack.

(Which leads me to a totally unrelated question: we very occasionally talk about things being strewn, but when was the last time anyone talked about strewing something (i.e. using any other tense of the verb besides "strewn")?)
                            Last edited by Craig P.; 02-28-2012, 10:22 AM.
                            Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                            Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Nice summary of the evening.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                                I'm sure it was the same as every wreck I saw after the red-flag restart: someone made a miscalculation, made light contact with a car ahead of them, initiating a spin in a pack, leading to cars strewn across the track (and sometimes infield) like bowling pins. There's nothing special about lap 2 that makes it less likely than any other lap to have a crash like that—in fact, I'd say it's more likely because various damage and mechanical issues hasn't thinned out the field yet so there are more cars in the pack.

(Which leads me to a totally unrelated question: we very occasionally talk about things being strewn, but when was the last time anyone talked about strewing something (i.e. using any other tense of the verb besides "strewn")?)
                                Also, all 43 cars are still very close together, not enough time to spread out really.

Comment

Working...
                                X