Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Not at all condoning Clintons actions, although that's between him and his wife. However, that was not ever going to blow over. Simply put a desperate Republican party had blown 40M taxpayer dollars on a fishing expedition that produced nothing and needed anything to hang onto in order to justify their existence. Once they went down that road, they completely misread the electorate who's attitude was exactly as Fishy stated (essentually "who cares"). In the meantime, the 20% of the population bewildered by the public going against them in a morals crusade sat by as Republican after Republican was forced to admit their own affairs (Gingrich, Livingston, Hyde), paying for abortions (Barr), or soliciting prostitutes (Vitter although that came out later) and humiliated themselves with their hypocrisy. You can consider this the beginning of the end of the "culture wars". Self serving, sanctimonious BS served up by countless conservative politicians went out the window as a dozen of them were found to engage in the same activity they were after the President for.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      So if a store promotes a sale for a week, decides to extend the sale to two weeks and then ends the sale, you say they raised the price? Really?
      No. There is a flip side, however. A well known Houston Jewelry store (the kind that's on TV constantly) used to promote "sales" like the "week after Christmas sale," the "pre Columbus day sale," the autumnal equinox sale," and so on. In other words, their stuff was always "on sale," which means it was never on sale.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Not at all condoning Clintons actions, although that's between him and his wife. However, that was not ever going to blow over. Simply put a desperate Republican party had blown 40M taxpayer dollars on a fishing expedition that produced nothing and needed anything to hang onto in order to justify their existence. Once they went down that road, they completely misread the electorate who's attitude was exactly as Fishy stated (essentually "who cares"). In the meantime, the 20% of the population bewildered by the public going against them in a morals crusade sat by as Republican after Republican was forced to admit their own affairs (Gingrich, Livingston, Hyde), paying for abortions (Barr), or soliciting prostitutes (Vitter although that came out later) and humiliated themselves with their hypocrisy. You can consider this the beginning of the end of the "culture wars". Self serving, sanctimonious BS served up by countless conservative politicians went out the window as a dozen of them were found to engage in the same activity they were after the President for.
        You mean self serving sanctimonious BS like: "It depends on what the meaning of "is" is?" Tens of thousands of good Democrats (Lanny Davis being the foremost) had to twist themselves into knots explaining that when Clinton lied under oath it wasn't perjury, it was something else. Most Americans (thank God) aren't lawyers, but they understand that when you take that oath, you're swearing that you'll tell the truth, whether or not it rises to the legal definition of perjury.

Clinton is a pig, and presumably always will be. My principal objection to his behavior was his caviling about what he did and what it was. He evidently had such a low opinion of the American people, that he could just tell any story, no matter how obviously a lie, and we'd buy it. I'm generally not the slightest bit concerned about "consenting adult behavior" by people in public life. And I didn't agree with impeachment. But really, if Clinton would have behaved like an adult, instead of a sailor on leave in Tijuana. Can you see JFK getting a blowie in the oval from a cow like Monica Lewinsky? He had good taste but lousy judgement: Marilyn Monroe, mob gal Judith Campbell Exner and probable East German spy Ellie Rometsch (among others).

Democrats have shown themselves to be very open minded on these matters, when it involves other Democrats. They forgave Gerry Studds for cornholing actual congressional pages (as opposed to Mark Foley who had no sexual contact with pages, just used them as his "futures" file) and Barney Frank who had a gay bawdy house operating in his Georgetown home.
        Last edited by Old Pio; 04-11-2012, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          They forgave Gerry Studds for cornholing actual congressional pages
          I remember an Illinois R Representative, Phil Crane I think it was, who had to resign for similar behavior a few decades ago. The joke was that Crane was overheard saying "When these pages first arrived in Washington, they didn't know their arse from a hole in the ground.....but when I got through with them, they did."
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            I remember an Illinois R Representative, Phil Crane I think it was, who had to resign for similar behavior a few decades ago. The joke was that Crane was overheard saying "When these pages first arrived in Washington, they didn't know their arse from a hole in the ground.....but when I got through with them, they did."
            I remember Phil Crane being caught dirty. I just didn't remember it involved boys. There have been plenty of sexual peccadillos over the years. FDR, Wilbur Mills, Wayne Hayes, etc. etc. And, I'd imagine, many others we haven't learned about.

Not that it matters much, but Crane was defeated at the polls.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 04-11-2012, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              His first two years were awful. Newt Gingrich had to whip him into shape in 1995.
              So when a Dem is in office and things go well it is because of the GOP and when a GOP is in office and things go to crap it is because of the Dems? Does that about sum it up? You have 2 of the GOP "Anti-90s" rhetoric points here why not g for the gold man!

As someone who knows both parties stink I laugh at you all. Gotta love the true believers on either side, they are the ones who keep these nimrods around to screw everything up!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Ahhh...I always like it when knucks' try to cling to this to explain why the Clinton economy was the strongest since the early 60's. Allow me to crush your argument with this thought. In Clinton's term, 22M net new jobs were created. IF those were largely because of the "internet bubble" and the internet bubble burst, shouldn't 22M jobs have gone away, or at least most of them? Funny, why don't the stats bear that out? (stepping away while several righties heads explode)

So, did Clinton create the jobs? We know corporations don't create jobs, we know investors don't create jobs, we know that small business owners making more than $150k/year don't create jobs, we know corporate tax incentives don't creat jobs, we know globalization doesn't create jobs...did he put up the postings and write the job descriptions himself? If so, why doesn't he come back and create 22mm more jobs now? Obama can get his number from Hillary. Problem solved.

Right, left, middle, we all know that the President doesn't have complete control over the economy, nor job growth. They can alter the magnitude but they don't create recessions nor bubbles themselves...we know this because anytime an opponent suggests a president did something wrong, the other guys quickly explain why that actually was the previous guy's fault.

Now, I do admire the simplicity of the "if it is good, my president did it; if it is bad he inherited it from the previous guy" philosophy...and both parties practice it with fervor.

Of course, I'm surprised Clinton's supporters didn't say "that blue dress was here when he got here".

I liked Clinton, felt he did very well managing the country, not so much interns, but he didn't create 22mm jobs in between getting ____jobs.
                Last edited by pirate; 04-11-2012, 06:08 PM.
                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  So when a Dem is in office and things go well it is because of the GOP and when a GOP is in office and things go to crap it is because of the Dems? Does that about sum it up? You have 2 of the GOP "Anti-90s" rhetoric points here why not g for the gold man!

As someone who knows both parties stink I laugh at you all. Gotta love the true believers on either side, they are the ones who keep these nimrods around to screw everything up!
                  Clinton did in his first two years the same stuff that Obama did in his first two years. About the only difference was that Obummer had a little more success (at least in his eyes).

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    I realize this question is a bit of a non-sequiter, but what does a loosely-woven cotton fabric have to do with Obama, anyway?
                    Ask this guy, it's where the meme started:

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_D_dgHqqNcLQ/SOOw_RSs_mI/AAAAAAAAAYQ/kEb0pkv98XY/s400/Muslin.jpg******

One of my favorite lines on election night in 2008 was, "well there are a few people who don't cotton to the President."
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      You mean self serving sanctimonious BS like: "It depends on what the meaning of "is" is?" Tens of thousands of good Democrats (Lanny Davis being the foremost) had to twist themselves into knots explaining that when Clinton lied under oath it wasn't perjury, it was something else. Most Americans (thank God) aren't lawyers, but they understand that when you take that oath, you're swearing that you'll tell the truth, whether or not it rises to the legal definition of perjury.

Clinton is a pig, and presumably always will be. My principal objection to his behavior was his caviling about what he did and what it was. He evidently had such a low opinion of the American people, that he could just tell any story, no matter how obviously a lie, and we'd buy it. I'm generally not the slightest bit concerned about "consenting adult behavior" by people in public life. And I didn't agree with impeachment. But really, if Clinton would have behaved like an adult, instead of a sailor on leave in Tijuana. Can you see JFK getting a blowie in the oval from a cow like Monica Lewinsky? He had good taste but lousy judgement: Marilyn Monroe, mob gal Judith Campbell Exner and probable East German spy Ellie Rometsch (among others).

Democrats have shown themselves to be very open minded on these matters, when it involves other Democrats. They forgave Gerry Studds for cornholing actual congressional pages (as opposed to Mark Foley who had no sexual contact with pages, just used them as his "futures" file) and Barney Frank who had a gay bawdy house operating in his Georgetown home.
                      Still upset that didn't go your way, huh? If "most" of Americans agree with you, why was Clinton's approval ratings reaching 80% at the end of that fiasco? Maybe because millions more people thought you all were idiots? Barney Frank should have been run out of office. No arguments here. Studds was a bit before my time I think, but there was no force there, unlike Foley who had to be restrained from raiding the male pages' dorm (nice family values there). Funny how you left out Senator Vitter, who actually committed a crime (unlike Clinton, as bad taste in women isn't technically illegal - lucky for a many a con no doubt).

Pirate,

Saying Presidents don't create 22M jobs themselves isn't the same as Presidents have no effect on job creation. The reality is somewhere in the middle. Clinton at great political risk passed a budget that raised the revenues needed to balance the budget. He kept that promise. Markets and investors like that (fiscal stability) and reward it when investment in the country, which grows the economy. During Clinton's time capital inflows outpaced capital outflows. Of course the free trade, R & D tax breaks, Empowerment zones, welfare reform, etc are there for all to see, but his greatest contribution was resisting the urge for gimmicky tax breaks and instead focused on the non-**** task of paying down the debt. Sadly this was ruined by Republicans who upon assuming total control of the Govt squandered the surplus on upper income tax breaks that by and large got invested overseas (China in particular).

So, while Clinton didn't personally hire 22M people, his policies clearly aided job creation to a degree we hadn't seen in some time before that and ever since.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Still upset that didn't go your way, huh? If "most" of Americans agree with you, why was Clinton's approval ratings reaching 80% at the end of that fiasco? Maybe because millions more people thought you all were idiots? Barney Frank should have been run out of office. No arguments here. Studds was a bit before my time I think, but there was no force there, unlike Foley who had to be restrained from raiding the male pages' dorm (nice family values there). Funny how you left out Senator Vitter, who actually committed a crime (unlike Clinton, as bad taste in women isn't technically illegal - lucky for a many a con no doubt).

Pirate,

Saying Presidents don't create 22M jobs themselves isn't the same as Presidents have no effect on job creation. The reality is somewhere in the middle. Clinton at great political risk passed a budget that raised the revenues needed to balance the budget. He kept that promise. Markets and investors like that (fiscal stability) and reward it when investment in the country, which grows the economy. During Clinton's time capital inflows outpaced capital outflows. Of course the free trade, R & D tax breaks, Empowerment zones, welfare reform, etc are there for all to see, but his greatest contribution was resisting the urge for gimmicky tax breaks and instead focused on the non-**** task of paying down the debt. Sadly this was ruined by Republicans who upon assuming total control of the Govt squandered the surplus on upper income tax breaks that by and large got invested overseas (China in particular).

So, while Clinton didn't personally hire 22M people, his policies clearly aided job creation to a degree we hadn't seen in some time before that and ever since.
                        Clinton stole from Social Security to balance the budget. So did Dubya, though.

Comment

Working...
                        X