Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    When has anything that costs money out of the budget been matched by spending cuts? I have yet to see it on a substantive basis. But, as usual, you bang on Bush and give others the free pass.

Oh, and if Bush had proposed spending cuts, which he should have, Congress (both Reps and Dems) wouldn't have given him teh necessary support. But he still should have, as every other president for the last 30 years should have.
    There were PAYGO requirements in place from 1991-2002. Then for some reason they were not extended. Wonder why that is.

The PAYGO rules are back in place, signed into law by President Obama in 2010.

Comment

Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      There were PAYGO requirements in place from 1991-2002. Then for some reason they were not extended. Wonder why that is.

So, we PAYGO when Democrats are in the White House but we don't when Republicans are in the White House? Why is that?
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

You really do live in fantasy land.
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Woooooooooooooooooooooosh.

I'm not being partisan here, Bob. I want to know why. I understand that the Republicans didn't win here. I actually agree with them to a certain extent. I don't agree with Social Security Trust Fund as a bank for funding stimulus. What I want to know is why this tax cut needs offsetting budget cuts but the Bush Tax Cuts don't. It's a simple question.
          Wosh yourself. I'm just saying that the Bush tax cuts are no different than lots of other stuff the feds have done in recent decades, where they haven't cut spending to match commitments of money elsewhere. You can fixate on the Bush tax cuts of you like, but they are no different than lots of other stuff that's seen a similar lack of balance.
          Originally posted by Priceless
          Good to see you're so reasonable.
          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
          Very well, said.
          Originally posted by Rover
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
            You really do live in fantasy land.
            There are plenty of ways around PAYGO, but Bush and his Republican friends didn't even bother pretending.

Comment

Can I ask a stupid question? Why didn't the Bush Tax Cuts ever have to be offset by spending reductions?

I don't get it.
              Because the tax cuts were a regression toward the maximized amount of revenue generation. Had the GOP remained in power in 2007, current trends may have continued (unlike the spending spree we saw Pelosi going for), thereby leading to a balanced budget.

Comment

Woooooooooooooooooooooosh.

I'm not being partisan here, Bob. I want to know why. I understand that the Republicans didn't win here. I actually agree with them to a certain extent. I don't agree with Social Security Trust Fund as a bank for funding stimulus. What I want to know is why this tax cut needs offsetting budget cuts but the Bush Tax Cuts don't. It's a simple question.
                Because Scooby, the theory is tax cuts for the wealthy pay for themselves because the wealthy then re-invest the money back into the economy & Republican re-election campaigns. This of course completely ignores the very real possibility that 1) they can invest the money overseas where they'll get a better return (China for example) and 2) they may just stash the money in the Cayman Islands (there's some guy I'm trying to think of who's doing that, W Mitt something or other). But, if you want an invite to the GOP Convention this year and an autographed picture of Sarah Palin, do NOT question this gospel.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Because the tax cuts were a regression toward the maximized amount of revenue generation. Had the GOP remained in power in 2007, current trends may have continued (unlike the spending spree we saw Pelosi going for), thereby leading to a balanced budget... when the tooth fairy, Easter Bunny and Santa Claus made it happen
                  Fixed your quote since we seem to be writing fiction all of a sudden.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Because the tax cuts were a regression toward the maximized amount of revenue generation. Had the GOP remained in power in 2007, current trends may have continued (unlike the spending spree we saw Pelosi going for), thereby leading to a balanced budget.
                    Not that group of GOP congressmen / senators . They were prolifigate overspenders too with their own set of rose colored glasses.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Because Scooby, the theory is tax cuts for the wealthy pay for themselves because the wealthy then re-invest the money back into the economy & Republican re-election campaigns. This of course completely ignores the very real possibility that 1) they can invest the money overseas where they'll get a better return (China for example) and 2) they may just stash the money in the Cayman Islands (there's some guy I'm trying to think of who's doing that, W Mitt something or other). But, if you want an invite to the GOP Convention this year and an autographed picture of Sarah Palin, do NOT question this gospel.
                      It sounds more like the United States needs to offer a competitive alternative. Perhaps boosting federal funds rates to double digits will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        We all know a dollar given to the IRS does more for the economy than a dollar invested, right?
                        I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                          We all know a dollar given to the IRS does more for the economy than a dollar invested, right?
                          These days, it might - provided that extra dollar was used for deficit reduction.

Think Greece might be wishing they had paid some more taxes over the years right about now?
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

A dollar given to the IRS is a dollar given to the US Treasury. A dollar borrowed for somebody to invest overseas, in some cases with our arch rivals, does jack for the US economy, but does wonders for the Chinese economy. I guess you have to ask yourself which country you'd rather benefit with US tax dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              These days, it might - provided that extra dollar was used for deficit reduction.

Think Greece might be wishing they had paid some more taxes over the years right about now?
                              That is my point, a dollar given the the IRS ends up reducing the debt by how much? Much less than a dollar. We'd likely be better off asking our billionaires to just directly pay down the most expensive portion of our debt than laundering it through the DC cesspool.
                              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

That is my point, a dollar given the the IRS ends up reducing the debt by how much? Much less than a dollar. We'd likely be better off asking our billionaires to just directly pay down the most expensive portion of our debt than laundering it through the DC cesspool.
                                Send your check to Parkersburg WV.

Comment

Working...
                                X