Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Outdoors: The Fishing and Hunting Thread

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I would guess the opposite, animals like to be near water, hunters would be more likely to setup near where a water source is.

Definitely were a few deer paths down to the water where I was. Like I said though, checked for anyone in a harness and they would have been easy to see in the lightly wooded area.

Comment

In other hunting news, gonna get my license next year and go for a turkey.

I'm not opposed to hunting - just never took it up as I don't come from a hunting family.

Have several buddies who have been after me for years and had wild turkey last year and would definitely eat that again.

One buddy has land near Fennimore and assures me that he'll be able to call in a Tom for me. I just have to hit it.

Former green beret and an outstanding hunter - should see his trophy room. I have no doubt that I get a chance.

Maybe go for deer next fall.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I would guess the opposite, animals like to be near water, hunters would be more likely to setup near where a water source is.
        That's what I would do. My dad and I setup near cedar swamps and ravines with a creek for years. Deer especially like ravines and big pine stands - it allows them to sneak through a stretch of land without getting seen, until they pop out of them.

Comment

Successful opening weekend of gun deer season for putting venison in the freezer, I got a nub buck last night and tonight my dad got a doe, both came from the same stand
          Originally posted by Twitch Boy
          Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Shot a 7-pt. 1-1/2 YO buck right away at 7:00 AM last Saturday's Wisconsin gun opener.
            Nice to get the venison in the freezer early. I still have a doe tag which is non-weapon
            specific and my bow-buck tag so may go out after the gun season is over.
            The highlight of my hunting experience this year though was a BADGER sighting running
            alongside the road at 4:15 AM last Sunday while driving to the farm where I hunt in Iowa Co., WI.
            That's first for me. I've never seen one in the wild before. I was stunned and of course said 'hi BUCKY', ha!
            Happy Thanksgiving to all.
            WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

Working...
            X