USCHO Outdoors: The Fishing and Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Outdoors: The Fishing and Hunting Thread

Bought a few shadow boxes over the holidays and plan on filling them with flies I tie. I am working on a old school salmon style fly box (though not necessarily using the same ingredients as I do not have them...just the styles). Then want to do something similar for old school style wet flies. Probably do a streamer box too. Then I think I am going to redo the shadow box I already have with deer hair flies. Below is the first 3 flies I tied this afternoon for the salmon style box:

*****http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/217629_639742305164_1131025708_n.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
      Bought a few shadow boxes over the holidays and plan on filling them with flies I tie. I am working on a old school salmon style fly box (though not necessarily using the same ingredients as I do not have them...just the styles). Then want to do something similar for old school style wet flies. Probably do a streamer box too. Then I think I am going to redo the shadow box I already have with deer hair flies. Below is the first 3 flies I tied this afternoon for the salmon style box:

*****http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/217629_639742305164_1131025708_n.jpg******
      Gorgeous.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Gorgeous.
        Thanks!

Here are the next 5 I did:

*****http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/537329_639940048884_464111604_n.jpg******

I am shooting for 12 for the box so only 4 more to go. I will post a picture of those 4 and the finished box probably late next week. If there are any fly fishers here who would be interested in purchasing some flies Id probably be up for figuring out a way to make that happen. Ive been tying and using only my own flies for several years now. There is something special about knowing that the fish you caught was fooled by something you made yourself

Comment

So the wife and I are on our honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas and we went deep sea fishing (the only stipulation I put on our honeymoon was fishing 1 day), and we managed to catch this 92" marlin!
          *****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIrDpv8CcAALWTL.jpg******
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

man, that is freaking awesome!!! nice
            Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            So the wife and I are on our honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas and we went deep sea fishing (the only stipulation I put on our honeymoon was fishing 1 day), and we managed to catch this 92" marlin!
            we really have a fishing thread??
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Best part of that picture is repping the Thorne Bros. shirt.

Saw my first fish of the spring jump out of the water today. Still ice on the water, but today looked like the first day of the spring with more open water than ice.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Which one is your wife?
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  Which one is your wife?
                  Very funny, throne taking the picture in this photo...there are a few with her holding the fish with me but those were taken with our nice camera, not the iPhone.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Did you send it to Thorne Brothers yet and will they give you anything for it?

Comment

So it looks like I might get my musky fishing season started a little earlier than normal. Work sent me to The middle of Missouri for a job so I'm probably going out with a guide on Pomme de Terre Lake. Trying to convince a college buddy who lives in St Louis to go with me. We'll see if it happens.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed...00260720032219

Comment

My dad and I spent some time out on my parents' lake over Memorial Day. Two undersized pike and a single bluegill, all thrown back. Also lost what was clearly a huge pike; it cleanly bit the line off ahead of the wire leader. It's mostly a pike & bass lake, with some bluegills and perch mixed in.

Trolling was a bust, the fish were only hitting crawler harnesses all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            My dad and I spent some time out on my parents' lake over Memorial Day. Two undersized pike and a single bluegill, all thrown back. Also lost what was clearly a huge pike; it cleanly bit the line off ahead of the wire leader. It's mostly a pike & bass lake, with some bluegills and perch mixed in.

Trolling was a bust, the fish were only hitting crawler harnesses all weekend.
                            you ever try trolling crawler harnesses?

Comment

you ever try trolling crawler harnesses?
                              Never thought about it, but it'd be something to try.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Never thought about it, but it'd be something to try.
                                I know walleye fisherman do it in tournaments on Lake Winnebago/Poygan, just need to get planer boards to get the rig out away from the boat and pay close attention. Typically trolling with electric trolling motor because it needs to be slow.
                                Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 06-03-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X