Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Awe-Inspiring Neg Rep

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    What would the prize have been? Another set of penalties drawn by your skating mother teresas?
    I was thinking an autographed picture of Paul Stewart. I know how much you admire our beloved ECAC officials.

Are you accusing me of being a SLU fan???

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
      I was thinking an autographed picture of Paul Stewart. I know how much you admire our beloved ECAC officials.

Are you accusing me of being a SLU fan???
      Hey, I didn't throw anything at them during that debacle.

Comment

What would the prize have been? Another set of penalties drawn by your skating mother teresas?
        C'mon. The skating Mother Theresas are from UHN.
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by wolverinetrumpet View Post
          the stupidity on this board far exceeds that post at least daily.
          fyp
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Weak sauce.

You alone have had hundreds of dumber posts than that.
            Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
            I agree. Any old area clown could have made that post. The stupidity on this board far exceeds that post at least weekly.
            Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
            Yup. Lame. There are dozens of posts dumber than that in the last 12 hours. Sorry, FlagDUDE. No prize for you.
            Pffff..... Some idiot tried to give you dumbest post of the year for that?? Does he not read the D1 board? Hell, there's whole threads there that would blow that out of the water.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Putting that ivy-league education to good use:

Eat a bag of dicks, you ridiculous twat muffin.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Putting that ivy-league education to good use:
                Hahahahaha funny
                - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                Go you Green and White
                Go Bemidji Beavers
                Fight with all your might!
                Rah! Rah! Rah!
                We are here to cheer you
                We are out to win your fame,
                So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Go lick the halfrican in chief's taint, you useless liberal bastard. -bbdl
                  nice

Comment

So, for those of you who are expert at giving negative rep, how to you respond to the following?

An explosion goes off in Boston, and people are sharing information about friends and family who might be injured, hoping they are all safe. Someone interjects that "hey, if someone gets hurt, life goes on, you have to get over it." Is there any rep at all that would suffice for expressing such a callous attitude in that particular setting?

I mean, usually you at least give people until after the funeral before you tell them to "get over it." and if you have any empathy and tact at all, even the slightest amount, you never tell anyone in that situation anything! at the very least, you offer support and make any comment indirectly, so it's not about that person...."other people in a similar situation try these things, do you think any of them might help you?"

This person never admits a mistake, no matter how egregious, and seems actually to enjoy receiving negative rep, and so my impulse is just to draw a picture of this person and stab it with scissors, since he is immune to friendly hints on what may or may not be appropriate at different times in different situations. "never try to teach a pig to sing, it frustrates you and annoys the pig."
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      So, for those of you who are expert at giving negative rep, how to you respond to the following?

An explosion goes off in Boston, and people are sharing information about friends and family who might be injured, hoping they are all safe. Someone interjects that "hey, if someone gets hurt, life goes on, you have to get over it." Is there any rep at all that would suffice for expressing such a callous attitude in that particular setting?

I mean, usually you at least give people until after the funeral before you tell them to "get over it." and if you have any empathy and tact at all, even the slightest amount, you never tell anyone in that situation anything! at the very least, you offer support and make any comment indirectly, so it's not about that person...."other people in a similar situation try these things, do you think any of them might help you?"

This person never admits a mistake, no matter how egregious, and seems actually to enjoy receiving negative rep, and so my impulse is just to draw a picture of this person and stab it with scissors, since he is immune to friendly hints on what may or may not be appropriate at different times in different situations. "never try to teach a pig to sing, it frustrates you and annoys the pig."
                      While you're yacking off about me, once again misquoting me in order to satisfy your anti-FD08 agenda, might as well share the top neg rep received thus far:

Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      Too bad you weren't in the direct path of the IED. Although I would hope you'd have lived. A long, painful life. Suffering and all.

Comment

While you're yacking off about me, once again misquoting me in order to satisfy your anti-FD08 agenda, might as well share the top neg rep received thus far:

He just said what the rest of us felt after reading your dumb-*** posts.

Got any other whack-job blogger's posts that you'd care to share with us?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          He just said what the rest of us felt after reading your dumb-*** posts.

Got any other whack-job blogger's posts that you'd care to share with us?
                          Governments have a history of playing off people's emotions, because the race has shown time and time again that it is effective. It is the greatest flaw to humans. Once we learn to quell it and exercise patience, our race will be able to progress.

Comment

your anti-FD08 agenda
                            Apparently you are even more seriously disturbed than I first thought.

I don't care about you one way or the other; I merely and clearly object to certain behaviors in certain settings.

You do live in a mostly civil society.

Occasionally people, all people, insert a filter between their thoughts and their words: "hmm, if I express these thoughts out loud or in a public forum, how might they affect others? Being aware of how they might affect others, do I want to rephrase them to mitigate their impact? Might I even decide to delay expressing them to another time or place?"

It is not about you at all Dude. it is merely about your execrable absence of any decency and total disregard for basic manners and etiquette in all settings.

Several people even asked you only to have good manners in your school thread; they don't care a whit about what you say or do any place else. At least don't defecate where you live.

You can't even restrain yourself among friends. I can count 14 different people in the school thread who have told you off about something inappropriate you said there.

It is not anti-FD08 you [redacted]. It is about your deliberate hurtful thoughtlessness. That's a very different thing. You want to be clever that's fine. Just learn a little discretion. Just because you think it doesn't mean you have to say it.

Finally, how again did I "mis-quote" you??

You lose it all when you've experienced loss first-hand. It's happened, nothing more you can do about it. Pretty much have to keep on moving.

People don't even know if their family and friends are alive and well and you have to toss in that comment? You couldn't even wait for the bodies to be identified first???

Are you really seriously trying to say that, given the time and place and situation, that this was a reasonable thing to say then?
                            Last edited by FreshFish; 04-16-2013, 09:42 AM.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

once we learn to quell it and exercise patience,
                              Yes exactly! Quell your impulses from time to time and you exercise patience. you want others to do so, is it too much to ask that you also do it yourself too?

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                Apparently you are even more seriously disturbed than I first thought.

I don't care about you one way or the other; I merely and clearly object to certain behaviors in certain settings.

You do live in a mostly civil society.

Occasionally people, all people, insert a filter between their thoughts and their words: "hmm, if I express these thoughts out loud or in a public forum, how might they affect others? Being aware of how they might affect others, do I want to rephrase them to mitigate their impact? Might I even decide to delay expressing them to another time or place?"

It is not about you at all Dude. it is merely about your execrable absence of any decency and total disregard for basic manners and etiquette in all settings.

Several people even asked you only to have good manners in your school thread; they don't care a whit about what you say or do any place else. At least don't defecate where you live.

You can't even restrain yourself among friends. I can count 14 different people in the school thread who have told you off about something inappropriate you said there.

It is not anti-FD08 you [redacted]. It is about your deliberate hurtful thoughtlessness. That's a very different thing. You want to be clever that's fine. Just learn a little discretion. Just because you think it doesn't mean you have to say it.

Finally, how again did I "mis-quote" you??

People don't even know if their family and friends are alive and well and you have to toss in that comment? Are you really seriously trying to say that, given the time and place and situation, that this was a reasonable thing to say then?
                                You say it's not all about me, yet you take the time out to craft a three-paragraph post about me while trying to mask that you're talking about me. In addition to your deliberately telling people to ignore me because you happened to not like what I said just confirms that you have an obsession with me. If this is incorrect, then just put me on ignore and move on. You seem to like to talk about that, but it's put up or shut up time.

You did misquote me. You paraphrased what I said to add a "get over it" spin and then put it into quotation marks, which is something that I never said. However, if you want to talk about the content of what I said, now that you ACTUALLY quoted it, we'll talk about it. Did the world stop turning? Did seconds stop ticking? No. This is something that you learn when you lose family members. Nothing can be done to bring them back, so why dwell on it? I said it in the thread, and I'll say it again because you seem to conveniently overlook it, I'm sorry to read that this happened. Life has bad breaks. The world will not stop turning, so why make ourselves vulnerable? We, as a country, made that mistake when 9/11 happened. We will not make the mistake again.

I'm going to tell it like it is. I'm going to be blunt. You're a human being, so you deserve to hear the truth and nothing different. If you can't handle the truth, then don't read what I have to type. There is absolutely no reason in this world to intentionally fib or kid around, unless it is an inherent skill needed within a game. It's one of the last thing the aforementioned deceased family member told me, and I intend to exercise it.

Comment

Working...
                                X