Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Concert Thread • So ya, thought ya, might like to, go to the show...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Concert Thread • So ya, thought ya, might like to, go to the show...

Phish Summer Tour announced.

After a disappointing decision not to play either Deer Creek or Alpine Valley last summer, they'll be back this year.

There's one week of my summer mapped out!

Comment

I'm going to see Arch/Matheos in May in Connecticut. Definitely looking forward to that. I was never a big Fates Warning fan but this project is fantastic.

Also, I'll be visiting the left coast over the next two weeks as my band opens for The Quill.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

20 years ago today, I took a first date up to Minneapolis to see U2 at the Target Center (from LaCrosse, WI). Ate at the Loon Cafe, went to the show and rolled back into LaCrosse around 3:00 am.

A couple of years later, I had the good sense to marry that date. Poor girl...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/FirstDate.jpg******

Listening to the show right now.

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
          Strangest: Ray Charles. Saw him (even if he didn't see me) @ Meadowbrook outside of Detroit. Yuppie Central.
          Rochester Hills yuppie? Never.

I grew up across the street from Meadowbrook

Comment

Got my ticket to see Spirtualized May 2 at 1st Ave.

Comment

could be cutting it a bit close, but... wife is due with our first child on september 16th, and we've got 3rd row tickets to see ben harper playing acoustic at the state theater in portland, maine on october 6th...

Comment

wow. some of mine are sooo long ago.

myfirst the Turtles and American Breed (I was a little girl)

my best Patti Smith at a bar in East Lansing. up close and personal just before she got famous

the rest Gordon Lightfoot
                Bob Seger
                Allman Brothers
                Glenn Frey
                Bette Midler
                Tina Turner
                Diana Ross
                Elton John (I'm thinking I was hanging around with a bunch of gay men for awhile!)
                Barry Manilow
                Doobie Brothers
                Ray Charles (amazing!)
                Ella Fitzgerald (she was very old and had to be helped on stage - but once the spotlight hit - she still had it)
                Michael Bolton (I'm sorry, forgive me)

the worst Roger Whittaker (whitaker? whitman? lots of whistling. painful)

I'll think of more, I'm sure. what's kinda sad about my list : only one of these was one I picked out. all the rest were friends asking me to go. and looking back I hated crowds even in college. all the parking nonsense big arena nonsense ticket nonsense. rather go to a little club and have a drink and listen to someone who will never be famous.

that said ... really really wish I'd seen (or would like to see) ... Zeppelin, the old Fat Elvis, Sinatra, Eminem, U2, Coldplay.

I've also been to a bunch of comedy show. they all were stinky. TV and movies can make people really really funny.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Big concert tonight! Eric Church with Brantley Gilbert. I've been looking forward to this one since the day it was announced. This show is going to be incredible.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yesterday I bought 4 tickets to the Eric Church show in Mankato in September. 2nd row from the stage on the floor. The last show was incredible, and this one should be just as good! Justin Moore and Kip Moore are opening for EC, so that should be pretty good too.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I recently got tickets for Cake at Red Rocks. In all the years I have lived here, I have only ever seen one Red Rocks show, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I've never even gone to a Film on the Rocks (although my cousin's HS graduation was at Red Rocks.)

Comment

I think I'm going to go see Maiden next week (or the week after, whenever it is). They're always spectacular live and there are rumors of them hanging it all up after this tour.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                          I think I'm going to go see Maiden next week (or the week after, whenever it is). They're always spectacular live and there are rumors of them hanging it all up after this tour.
                          I'm going to see them at Rockfest, July 21st in Cadott WI.

Maiden has always put on a great show, it will be nice to see them again live after too many years without.
                          Originally posted by CavalryNate
                          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                            I'm going to see them at Rockfest, July 21st in Cadott WI.

Maiden has always put on a great show, it will be nice to see them again live after too many years without.

Rockfest eh? You might see more "interesting" things off the stage than Eddie destroying the drum kit.

Heard this tour has been great. Have fun, but beware the Rockfesters! I'd suggest a day pass. Who knows what goes on there overnight...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              Rockfest eh? You might see more "interesting" things off the stage than Eddie destroying the drum kit.

Heard this tour has been great. Have fun, but beware the Rockfesters! I'd suggest a day pass. Who knows what goes on there overnight...
                              Yeah I've heard it can get pretty crazy out there, had some buddies a few years back camp there along with a large pool on their site. It got interesting to say the least.
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                                Yeah I've heard it can get pretty crazy out there, had some buddies a few years back camp there along with a large pool on their site. It got interesting to say the least.

My buddy and I thought about taking a bladder pool to the Phish shows we went to in June that had onsite camping but quickly realized that all the wookies (tour-hippies) would just want to bathe in it. No thanks!

Rockfest is probably THE place to take a pool...

Comment

Working...
                                X