Stadium Journey - Reveiws of Arenas and Stadiums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stadium Journey - Reveiws of Arenas and Stadiums

I checked out this site when it was linked by a minor league team near my home town (their stadium had been named the #1 park in all of minor league baseball and #13 in all pro sports...and this is for a single A team). Its a pretty neat site. Looks like they have visited all of the pro stadiums from the big 4 (NHL, NFL, MLB, and NBA) and a lot of college basketball and football arenas and stadiums as well. There are even a few college hockey rinks listed. Hopefully there will soon be more. They also have listing from the AHL, ECHL, CHL, and OHL. I guess to the newest rankings you have to get their magazine or maybe just register.

Here is a link to the home page: http://www.stadiumjourney.com/

Do you agree with their review of your favorite venue?

The one for Parkview Field in Fort Wayne, Indiana is great and I agree with it (its the one that ranks #1 in minor league baseball). What is great about this review is that just a few years ago when they were building this new park in downtown Fort Wayne, there were so many people against it and said it would be awful. Now its considered by some to be one of the best. The team has been consistently good despite the crazy turnover you see in single A, and nearly every game is packed with people. It really did turn out to be a great investment by the city.

Re: Stadium Journey - Reveiws of Arenas and Stadiums

The review of Citizen's Bank Park in Philly is spot on. Great place to watch a ball game and add a few inches to your waist line.
    Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
    2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Originally posted by gounhwildcats View Post
      The review of Citizen's Bank Park in Philly is spot on. Great place to watch a ball game and add a few inches to your waist line.
      But what is the fascination with Chickie's and Pete's? He overmentions it in the reviews of CB Park, The Wells Fargo Center, and the Linc.
      Cornell '82

"The first time I went to a Cornell game, I was in awe. I'm a big believer that sports fans should get out and see everything -- the Indy 500, the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby. I've seen all that, and there's nothing like Lynah Rink." - Carl McKee, father of Cornell Goalie, David McKee

Comment

Originally posted by Hopkinja View Post
        But what is the fascination with Chickie's and Pete's? He overmentions it in the reviews of CB Park, The Wells Fargo Center, and the Linc.
        Ya, you're right, he does seem to have an unhealthy obsession with crab fries. I was at CBP for three games a couple of years ago and didn't hit up Chickies and Pete's once, and don't feel like I missed out on anything. Lot's of other solid food options there.
        Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
        2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

They need more college hockey arenas, but the site had some very good reviews.
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

They did one a few weeks back for Goggin, thought it was pretty well done. Although I think it was their "B" team writer so ended up being a little generic.
            Last edited by MUhawks628; 02-07-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Need a few people in the Northeast and Midwest to see if they can become writers and do reveiws of hockey arenas. I'd like to see more reveiws from college hockey as well.

There is another site out there that I remember looking at that does just baseball parks and has lots of old parks reviewed that are no longer in use (mostly minor league parks but some major). Here is the link: http://www.ballparkreviews.com/ These reviews are not as detailed though. I like the Stadium Journey reveiws better.

Comment

They gave Verizon Wireless Center a good grade? Shenanigans.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                  They gave Verizon Wireless Center a good grade? Shenanigans.
                  But you can drink in the arena!

I would love to see a review of AMSoil Arena.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                  X