This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Really Terrible Puns Vol 1

I saw a very subtle visual pun on last Monday's episode of Bones.

Booth and Brennan are in the daycare center, and in the background there is a poster on the wall that has the letters "E L L A T I O" visible. There are papers thumbtacked to either side, so that this clearly is deliberate. Then, below, something like "f the mon" and below that a picture of stars.

I'm guessing the entire top line was C O N S T "E L L A T I O" N and the second line "of the month."
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

Booth and Brennan are in the daycare center, and in the background there is a poster on the wall that has the letters "E L L A T I O" visible. There are papers thumbtacked to either side, so that this clearly is deliberate. Then, below, something like "f the mon" and below that a picture of stars.

I'm guessing the entire top line was C O N S T "E L L A T I O" N and the second line "of the month."
      Pun? or subliminal message?
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        Ralph?
        No.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Tried to make a subtle pun today, not quite sure it worked....

There was a discussion going on in one of the "issues" threads and one person kept interjecting nonsense. I told him I was getting impatient with his japery, which apparently caused unintended hilarity rather than sophisticated appreciation.....

Now, the standard defintion is something like "mocking, making fun of."

One of the definitions also referred to an old-fashioned meaning that was off-color sexually, though it did not provide details. If my memory serves me corectly from that Shakespeare class in college, it also meant the autoerotic sex act that is unfairly attributed to Onan, who in Genesis performed coitus interruptus when he "spilled his seed upon the ground", not onanism.

I guess an attempted pun is a real loser if it has to be explained...oh well.
          Last edited by FreshFish; 04-19-2012, 10:10 PM.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

You were probably the guy who noticed "SEX" in the clouds in the Lion King.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Hitler truly thought he would win World War II. Obviously, he did nazi D-Day coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                You were probably the guy who noticed "SEX" in the clouds in the Lion King.
                I missed that one, but if you still have that iconic Farrah Fawcett swimsuit poster anywhere I can show you how they airbrushed the curls of her hair under her chin to spell out S E X in the highlighting......you can't quite see it in this link unfortunately...

Full disclosure: I can't take "credit" for finding those letters there, there was a book published decades ago called Subliminal Seduction which described subliminal advertising techniques and that Farrah poster was one of the examples....
                Last edited by FreshFish; 04-20-2012, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Somewhere near the Everblades Arena in Estero, FL, we spotted the following sign outside a fishing shop:

MASTER
                  Bait & Tackle

Love it.

Edit: Yikes. How could I have failed to also mention the famous beverage store in Beaver Creek, CO: Beaver Liquors
                  Last edited by LynahFan; 04-20-2012, 09:03 AM.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                    Edit: Yikes. How could I have failed to also mention the famous beverage store in Beaver Creek, CO: Beaver Liquors
                    Who's taking a trip to one of the suburbs during next year's frozen four to see if this exists there as well?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      Somewhere near the Everblades Arena in Estero, FL, we spotted the following sign outside a fishing shop:

MASTER
                      Bait & Tackle

Love it.

I recall taking a bus trip to San Francisco once, and across the street from the depot was a pharmacy named "Terminal Drugs."

(bus terminal)

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Who's taking a trip to one of the suburbs during next year's frozen four to see if this exists there as well?
                        When I went to see Ryne Sandberg inducted into the hall of fame, I stayed at the Beaver Valley Campground just outside Cooperstown.

And while a drive to Beaver Creek would be great, it's not exactly a suburb.

http://www.beaverliquors.com/

Comment

Now this is one of my best efforts, as the original version came about spontaneously in the flow of conversation as my friend was describing his lament....I've framed it out in a narrative.

It is more than a little off-color, I hope it stays up for a few days.

EDIT: the four-letter word punchline is so obvious, I decided to put it in white text to protect those easily offended.

It seems there was a high-maintenance woman who was dissatisfied with her boyfriend's sexual performance. No matter what he tried, she always found something wanting.

Either he entered at the wrong angle, or thrust at the wrong speed, or he came too soon.

So he tried one of those hand-held massagers, but either he was too rough or too gentle or couldn't consistently hit the right spot.

So he tried cunnilingus, but either his tongue was too hard and pointy, or too flabby and flappy.

Finally, in frustration, he bought her a vibrator and told her to go f^ck herself!
                          Last edited by FreshFish; 04-26-2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

A friend posted this on Facebook: I thought it fit the bill for this thread.

http://i.imgur.com/xme6g.jpg

Comment

Now this is one of my best efforts, as the original version came about spontaneously in the flow of conversation as my friend was describing his lament....I've framed it out in a narrative.

It is more than a little off-color, I hope it stays up for a few days.

EDIT: the four-letter word punchline is so obvious, I decided to put it in white text to protect those easily offended.

It seems there was a high-maintenance woman who was dissatisfied with her boyfriend's sexual performance. No matter what he tried, she always found something wanting.

Either he entered at the wrong angle, or thrust at the wrong speed, or he came too soon.

So he tried one of those hand-held massagers, but either he was too rough or too gentle or couldn't consistently hit the right spot.

So he tried cunnilingus, but either his tongue was too hard and pointy, or too flabby and flappy.

Finally, in frustration, he bought her a vibrator and told her to go f^ck herself!
                              It's not the face you fck
                              It's the fck you face.
                              So, if you can't face it,
                              Fck it.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hortense was apprehensive over her next client.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X