This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Really Terrible Puns Vol 1

what do you call a guy with no arms and no legs in a pile of leaves?

Russell
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

My spouse and I were playing bridge with the Obamas. Every time Barry bid for a contract, we were able to prevent him from taking enough tricks.

Ah, the pleasure that comes with setting a President.....
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

What about a woman with no arms and no legs playing cribbage....Peg?

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

With the influx of foreign players in MLB, I am waiting for the battery of Wu and Clap. Then the announcer will say, "Pitching Wu and Catching Clap."
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Q: Why does the flourescent light fixture hum?

A: Because it does not know the words.

Comment

John decides he wants to throw a theme party and after some thought he decides it will be an emotion party. So he writes up a bunch of invitations to his friends and sends them out, telling them to come to his house on Saturday night dressed up as their favourite emotion. Saturday night finally arrives and John hears a knock at his door. When he answers it he sees his friend Gary who's dressed from head to toe in green, he even has his face painted green. John thinks for a minute and says "Let me guess Gary, you are green with envy", Gary says "Yes, very good" and John lets him in. After a few more minutes there's another knock at the door and John answers it to see his friend Wanda all dressed up from head to toe in red, even having her face painted red. After a second or two John says "I got it Wanda, you are red with rage." Wanda says "Good work John" and joins the party. A few more minutes pass by and the door knocks again and John answers it and his friend Pete is standing there all dressed in blue. John, getting good at this, takes a crack at it and says "Pete you are blue with sorrow", to which Pete says "Exactly" and heads into to the party. Another few minutes goes by and there's another knock at John's front door. John answers it to find his French Canadian friend Jacques standing there completely naked with a piece of fruit on his tallywacker. John a little shocked, tries his best to figure out what Jacques is supposed to be, but just can't figure it out. So he finally gives in and says "Ok Jacques you got me, what emotion are you supposed to be?" Jacques proudly proclaims "I am deep in dis pear" and heads into the party.
              Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
              2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                My spouse and I were playing bridge with the Obamas. Every time Barry bid for a contract, we were able to prevent him from taking enough tricks.

Ah, the pleasure that comes with setting a President.....
                It's "Really Terrible Puns" not "Lame Political Puns".

A guy was walking along the beach when he came across a woman with no arms and no legs crying. He asked her what was wrong and she replied "well I've never been *ed". The guy looked at her and said "well I can take of that!" So he picked her up and threw her in the water. He yelled out "there! Now your *ed!"
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  It's "Really Terrible Puns" not "Lame Political Puns".
                  Perhaps you merely are unfamiliar with bridge terminology? If you "set" the other team, it means you prevent them from making the contract that they bid for. No politics involved at all.

Comment

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
                    Q: Why does the flourescent light fixture hum?

A: Because it does not know the words.
                    A really terrible joke is not a pun. Silly BADger.

Comment

• Re: Really Terrible Puns Vol 1

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. It's impossible to put down.

A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.
                      Last edited by gmann; 02-10-2012, 12:26 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        Perhaps you merely are unfamiliar with bridge terminology? If you "set" the other team, it means you prevent them from making the contract that they bid for. No politics involved at all.
                        No I got that. I prefer spades myself. The use of Obama, given your other posts around here, made it lame.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

No I got that. I prefer spades myself. The use of Obama, given your other posts around here, made it lame.
                          So it wasn't lame when I told exactly the same joke about Reagan, or GHWB, or Mr Cigar, or GWB??

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            So it wasn't lame when I told exactly the same joke about Reagan, or GHWB, or Mr Cigar, or GWB??
                            No, it'd still be lame.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

No, it'd still be lame.
                              so how else to work the "president" part in there?

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                so how else to work the "president" part in there?
                                I don't think the problem is the politics, I think the problem is it's just not funny.
                                No, it'd still be lame.
                                But then, the title of the thread is "Really Terrible Puns" so maybe we should just let it slide.
                                Cornell University Men's Hockey
                                NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                                Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Working...
                                X