No announcement yet.

Secondary Ticket Markets: Yay or Nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Secondary Ticket Markets: Yay or Nay?

I hate the ticket brokers only because they have computer programs that snatch up tickets before anyone else really has a chance. Other than that, fine by me. If people want to pay that? Go for it.

And MN and UND also jack prices for certain games (namely against each other). It's a big reason I go to Tech games, as they are usually cheaper, and I can see more games in person.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

A sign of things to come?

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...ox_to_try.html

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
        I have no issues with this. (I actually kinda like it. I think it will do an excellent job for its intended purpose, keeping a set of affordable tickets for families / college students. I'm a little scared of it expanding too far, though.)

I'm curious what the following will entail:
        Originally posted by Boston Globe
        Part of a Major League Baseball initiative that will be implemented league-wide in 2012, the Red Sox were among the first teams to offer digital ticketing as an option for a select group of season ticket holders during the 2011 season. The team will look to extend the option of "going digital" to more fans throughout the season.
        Hopefully that does not mean that all fans for all teams will be required to show up with a digital ticket and the corresponding credit card in 2012. That would be teh suck.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
          I have no issues with this. (I actually kinda like it. I think it will do an excellent job for its intended purpose, keeping a set of affordable tickets for families / college students. I'm a little scared of it expanding too far, though.)

I'm curious what the following will entail:

Hopefully that does not mean that all fans for all teams will be required to show up with a digital ticket and the corresponding credit card in 2012. That would be teh suck.
          Just curious about what you mean by expanding a policy like this too far? Just don't like the idea of using your credit card for verification or do you have other concerns?

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier when I mentioned regs that kept the tickets in the hands of people that intend to use them... Really I see no harm done to ticketholders with a policy like this...
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Just curious about what you mean by expanding a policy like this too far? Just don't like the idea of using your credit card for verification or do you have other concerns?
            I like the idea of a secondary ticket market. I don't care whether it's endorsed by the original team or not. I do like the fact that I don't have to buy season tickets to go to a Sox/Yankees game (arbitrary example chosen, not meant to be representative, yada yada yada).
            Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            This is exactly what I was talking about earlier when I mentioned regs that kept the tickets in the hands of people that intend to use them... Really I see no harm done to ticketholders with a policy like this...
            Agreed. I like the policy that the Sox are using. I'm just going five steps down the slippery slope and saying "What if I buy season tickets but happen to not be able to use them one weekend? Am I screwed? What happens?" etc etc. I like the idea, I just don't like that some people can see this and say "Oh, this must be a mandate that XXXX is also allowed to happen"

For the record, I have no issue with secondary markets. I went on a five-game road trip last summer with two friends and every ticket was bought on Stubhub. We've got another trip lined up for this upcoming summer and it's very likely that every ticket will also be bought on Stubhub. It is a great place for people who have bought tickets and can't use them for whatever reason. I am opposed to people that buy tickets with no intention of using them. That is one reason why I am in strong favor of strict ticket limits and similar restrictions.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
            X