• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mehcky
    replied
    Re: Tampa Bay Rays ticket during Frozen Four

A possible option...
    Escot Bus Lines provides charter bus service to and from Rays games during the 2012 season. Take a break from traffic and parking and take a bus to the game! Servicing Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties. For more information call 1-888-571-7778.

BATS Taxi provides service to and from each Rays home game. Call 727-367-3702.

There was a shuttle bus last year from Tampa that cost $9.95 round trip but the link is broken...heres the original site though
    http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=48055

Leave a comment:

• mehcky
    replied

Well..Ive never taken a cab from downtown Tampa to the Trop...but its 25 miles and then once you get across the bridge (depending on time of course) there may be serious stop and go traffic... so whatever that adds up to in cab fare...According to the fare estimator..its around $50 but add more for the wait times...

Leave a comment:

• jen
    replied

Originally posted by mehcky View Post
    You don't A cab will be verry Expensive...There is no public transportation outside of St Pete to get to the trop (Reason #574 on why there is an attendance issue there). I really have no suggestions here other than make a friend with someone going to the game that has a car...then tell them to go early as parking will be a nightmare.. BTW The Yankees being the the home opener team is actually irrelevant the Rays always sell out the home opener including the past two years against the Orioles.. Saturday and Sunday is where it will be different.
    what do you consider very expensive?

Leave a comment:

• mehcky
    replied

Rays have announced there are only single seats remaining for the home opener

Leave a comment:

• mehcky
    replied

Originally posted by jen View Post
    anybody else get Opening Day tickets in Tampa?

how the heck do you get to the ballpark from downtown Tampa without a car? cab? looks like there's a trolley but only in St. Pete
    You don't A cab will be verry Expensive...There is no public transportation outside of St Pete to get to the trop (Reason #574 on why there is an attendance issue there). I really have no suggestions here other than make a friend with someone going to the game that has a car...then tell them to go early as parking will be a nightmare.. BTW The Yankees being the the home opener team is actually irrelevant the Rays always sell out the home opener including the past two years against the Orioles.. Saturday and Sunday is where it will be different.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

how the heck do you get to the ballpark from downtown Tampa without a car? cab? looks like there's a trolley but only in St. Pete
    Since there will be three of us, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to rent a car for the day.

Leave a comment:

• Netman
    replied

Swim

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    doesn't leave much time for golf.....
    I'm still in a sling from rotator cuff surgery. No golf until mid-late May.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    I got 4 seats, ground level, left field line for $75 each.
    doesn't leave much time for golf.....

Leave a comment:

• amherstblackbear
    replied

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Same here. My tix are just behind the ground-level bar past 3rd base

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

I did; my friend and I will be in 315. You should check out the discussion about travel in the general thread about Tampa, but it seems like the answer to your question is "you don't".

Leave a comment:

• jen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied

oh for pete's sake. I was thinking of staying south and going to see the Brewers in Atlanta after FF. Now I find out that's THEIR Opening Day.
    Atlanta is not a very good baseball town. You could probably get tickets.

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

No info on Rays tickets yet.

Speaking of expensive tickets, a nonstop flight from Milwaukee to Tampa costs $700. $700?!?!?!?!!? Chicago is about half the price.

edit: oh for pete's sake. I was thinking of staying south and going to see the Brewers in Atlanta after FF. Now I find out that's THEIR Opening Day.
    My flight was more expensive than I guessed, too; $370 from NY, and that's with an early-morning departure on Wednesday and a connection in Raleigh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X