Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Classic 2012: Rangers vs. Flyers

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    thoroughly enjoyable to see. i had never seen that much footage of the series together before. incredible how with all the stars on that team it was paul henderson scoring the final three gwg's
    I thought you could buy the series on Amazon. Either that or some bootleg version on eBay. I'm pretty sure a buddy of mine has the series on DVD.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Tortorella calls officiating "disgusting", wonders if NBC got together with the refs.

Did I miss something? I thought the Rangers won that game. Kind of an ungracious winner.
      Reffing reminded me of an ECAC game.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I have to watch that Summit Series thing again, but I remember Bobby Clarke breaking someone's ankle in typical scumbag fashion.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I thought you could buy the series on Amazon. Either that or some bootleg version on eBay. I'm pretty sure a buddy of mine has the series on DVD.
          This is likely what he has. The NBC special is brand new.

The behind the scenes stuff was great. As for Henderson, he was at the prime of his career but was one of those players who didn't get the recognition he deserved. There's still a big argument about why he's not in the HHoF. I'm in the should-be-in camp.
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
            I have to watch that Summit Series thing again, but I remember Bobby Clarke breaking someone's ankle in typical scumbag fashion.
            Clarke and Espo both make no bones (bad pun) about Clarke breaking Kharlamov's ankle. Not that I condoned it, but many forget that the Soviets weren't exactly choir boys either.

Gary Bergman is perhaps best remembered for a dirty exchange in game 7 involving Soviet captain Boris Mikhailov. Bergman hammered the centerman into the boards late in the game, which triggered a minor brawl. Hockey fans everywhere were sickened when Mikhailov began kicking Bergman in the shins in a disturbing attempt to injure the Canadian defender.
            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              That's one heck of an ending to a game!
              Great game and great for the NHL.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                This is likely what he has. The NBC special is brand new.

The behind the scenes stuff was great. As for Henderson, he was at the prime of his career but was one of those players who didn't get the recognition he deserved. There's still a big argument about why he's not in the HHoF. I'm in the should-be-in camp.
                Yeah, I think that's it. And I have had it in the back of my mind to buy it, but never looked it up. At $350, I think I'll pass.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

*****http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/391958_10102015208113674_9388451_88832242_89760263 1_n.jpg******

My friend's seats for the game today. As a fan who hates both teams, I am still unbelievably jealous.
                  UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Tortorella calls officiating "disgusting", wonders if NBC got together with the refs.

Did I miss something? I thought the Rangers won that game. Kind of an ungracious winner.
                    Start writing that check, coach.
                    He'll be writing a check, but he was dead on the money. The reffing was a joke in the last five minutes with the refs doing everything in their power to try and get the game to overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                      They showed that between periods, pretty freakin brutal.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                        Clarke and Espo both make no bones (bad pun) about Clarke breaking Kharlamov's ankle. Not that I condoned it, but many forget that the Soviets weren't exactly choir boys either.
                        I realize that, and I thought it was disgusting as well. I also remember the Soviets almost throwing Allan Eagleson in jail (which Canadian authorities got the pleasure of doing)

I just know that when a lot people think Flyers, they think of scum like him.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
                          My friend's seats for the game today. As a fan who hates both teams, I am still unbelievably jealous.
                          Was there a puck some where down there? Hard to tell from the next county.

Which is why the whole concept is such a freakin gimmick.

Comment

Yeah, I think that's it. And I have had it in the back of my mind to buy it, but never looked it up. At $350, I think I'll pass.
                            A really good book about it that doesn't cost $350 - Cold War: The Amazing Canada-Soviet Hockey Series of 1972 (although it's expensive on Amazon - maybe I should sell mine )

Comment

Did Mike Milbury just say Broadway Blue****s???
                              Yes. I'm SURE it MUST have been an accident, because Mike Milbury is a gentleman and a scholar, and an overall hockey expert.
                              Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              I didn't see his hand go to his head first initially and thought Rupp was a Nazi.
                              I had that thought too. Don't know that Jagr really did anything to provoke it.
                              Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              Was there a puck some where down there? Hard to tell from the next county.

Which is why the whole concept is such a freakin gimmick.
                              I dunno, I didn't think that picture seemed to be much further away than the cheap seats at a typical NHL arena. (Of course, UNH GH's friend had pretty good seats, not ones in the left field upper deck or something.)
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                                Reffing reminded me of an ECAC game.
                                You mean neither team has a shot at the title?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X