Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    There, there. I'm here to help you out. Which way did you come in?
    Still gutless.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Still gutless.
      Is that a personal attack? I can tell you from personal experience they frown on that around here. Candidly, I had no idea what you meant in that post. Explain it, please, and I'll do what I can to catch you up.
      Last edited by Old Pio; 12-23-2011, 04:01 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        NRO's definition of Amurka's Enemies has expanded so much over the years that as a Venn Diagram it now includes the entire Universe except the intersection of all of NRO's special interests.
        "Less bad" doesn't necessarily equate to "good", you know.

Comment

The Virginia primary on Super Tuesday will be between Romney, Paul .... and that's the list.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
            The Virginia primary on Super Tuesday will be between Romney, Paul .... and that's the list.
            The GOP is fun this year. It's like watching a chicken murderer with an axe chopping heads off.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
              10,000 signatures to get on a primary ballot? Amusing that they're treating primary contenders like their parties treat 3rd parties.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                The GOP is fun this year. It's like watching a chicken murderer with an axe chopping heads off.
                We had a fun 2011, but it's starting to look like 2012 will be boring the way we all knew in our hearts it would be boring.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm not quite on board with this Mitt-juggernaut manta the press is trying to spoon feed us. Lets say he wins Iowa with a whopping 25% of the vote and then wins NH which everybody expects. He still needs to go down south in SC and FL. Win those and yeah he's on his way, but lose those and he's back to square one (and I'd guess with less delegates as I don't imagine IA and NH have half the haul of FL).

Now if he loses Iowa to say Paul or some other nutjob, and wins NH, he's 1 for 2 going into unfriendly territory.

A lot of talking heads like to use the Carter example in the 76 primaries as the ironclad way to win the nomination (Carter won a lightly contested IA caucus which got him national press, then was a surprise winner in NH due to a strong organization. However it was him beating Wallace in both their backyards of Florida that was the key). The Mittster needs that last and most crucial victory down south if he's going anywhere.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

We had a fun 2011, but it's starting to look like 2012 will be boring the way we all knew in our hearts it would be boring.
                    I find that link's title a bit ironic considering it was Obama that signed the Defense Authorization Act (or whatever that monstrosity was called).
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      I'm not quite on board with this Mitt-juggernaut manta the press is trying to spoon feed us. Lets say he wins Iowa with a whopping 25% of the vote and then wins NH which everybody expects. He still needs to go down south in SC and FL. Win those and yeah he's on his way, but lose those and he's back to square one (and I'd guess with less delegates as I don't imagine IA and NH have half the haul of FL).

Now if he loses Iowa to say Paul or some other nutjob, and wins NH, he's 1 for 2 going into unfriendly territory.

A lot of talking heads like to use the Carter example in the 76 primaries as the ironclad way to win the nomination (Carter won a lightly contested IA caucus which got him national press, then was a surprise winner in NH due to a strong organization. However it was him beating Wallace in both their backyards of Florida that was the key). The Mittster needs that last and most crucial victory down south if he's going anywhere.
                      Yeah, but you're also forgetting that many states are doing proportional voting now. If Mitt jumps out to an early lead, even by placing in Iowa and winning in NH, he's going to have the inside lane already (even though the number of votes in those states is small) and it's going to take a much larger effort to unseat him because he doesn't have any direct opponents. Most of the other candidates will split the Evangelical vote, Ron Paul will take his share of the votes (but let's be honest, those votes wouldn't have gone anywhere else regardless), Rick Perry and the others will split the southern votes.

I've been saying this for months: The GOP has a flavor of the day but there's always been one underlying theme - Mitt Romney has been #2 in nearly every poll, during every swoon. Mitt probably won't do well in the southern states, but he doesn't have to. He's going to get a ton of votes from the larger states with a hell of a lot more delegates. This will be the first time in decades a Republican candidate will win the nomination without winning South Carolina.

You watch, it's going to be an Obama/? vs. Romney/Pawlenty run in 2012.
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-29-2011, 09:44 AM.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        The Mittster needs that last and most crucial victory down south if he's going anywhere.
                        He needs a majority of delegates at the convention; it doesn't matter where they come from.

Republicans are probably hoping whoever wins the purple state primaries will also win the nomination, since that would give them a leg up in the general.

1/31 Florida (probably Gingrich)
                        3/06 Ohio
                        3/06 Virginia
                        3/17 Missouri

* big gap where the nomination will probably be decided*

5/08 Indiana
                        5/08 North Carolina

2008 results.

Pennsylvania, Colorado and New Mexico are probably too far gone for the GOP to catch -- or anyway if they do it means a big enough shift that they would sweep the other battleground states.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 12-29-2011, 09:55 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Who's your pick for having an off-the-wall crazy Howard Dean moment if he/she doesn't do well in Iowa? My money's on Bachmann. You can see it in her eyes.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Who's your pick for having an off-the-wall crazy Howard Dean moment if he/she doesn't do well in Iowa? My money's on Bachmann. You can see it in her eyes.
                            How would that be different from any other day with Bachmann?

I'm hoping Santorum really turns up the crazy. "As president I would indefinitely detain gays as a threat to the purity of our young boys." Too bad Cain isn't around to say he'd gas the Muslims.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Mitt wins Iowa and it's all over but the crying. I wonder if the Tea Party and Religious Right will revolt and go third party?
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Mitt wins Iowa and it's all over but the crying. I wonder if the Tea Party and Religious Right will revolt and go third party?
                                At that point, I would give up. We need a viable third party in this country, but I don't think it'll help much if it's more extreme than the Dems and GOP.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X