Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't see a problem with ANY of the following:

1. Obama asking for this mandate.
    2. The Catholic church protesting it.
    3. Obama "reversing" his course but still managing for birth control to be covered.
    My point earlier. I wish all government was conducted with dialog, compromise, modesty and when beneficial, change.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
      I your case ignorant and obstinate work better, but if stupid works for you, have at it.
      Geez, another clever *******. Nobody not of your tribe is up to the mark, right? Remember the trinity: stupid, racist, hateful. Shake well before serving.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        My point earlier. I wish all government was conducted with dialog, compromise, modesty and when beneficial, change.
        Exactly. I have zero problem with this back-and-forth between Obama and the Catholics. Both sides come away happy and with a victory. More of the American public gets coverage for a beneficial drug.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          Geez, another clever *******. Nobody not of your tribe is up to the mark, right? Remember the trinity: stupid, racist, hateful. Shake well before serving.
          Kindly ignore theprofromdover and TimP. Neither are worth engaging.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

*****http://www.wdtprs.com/images2/12_02_04_Leo_Libertas_mug_02.jpg******

4 years later he penned this:
            “Here is precisely the ground on which, political dissensions aside, upright men should unite as one to combat, by all lawful and honest means, these progressive abuses of legislation. The respect due to constituted power cannot prohibit this; unlimited respect and obedience cannot be yielded to all legislative measures, of no matter what kind, enacted by this same power. Let it not be forgotten that law is a precept ordained according to reason and promulgated for the good of the community by those who, for this end, have been entrusted with power. Accordingly, such points in legislation as are hostile to religion and to God should never be approved; to the contrary, it is a duty to disapprove them.”
            And then, lest you think he was some sort of reactionary, there is perhaps one of the greatest social writings, ever:
            http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/le...ovarum_en.html
            Last edited by joecct; 02-11-2012, 06:52 PM.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              *****http://www.wdtprs.com/images2/12_02_04_Leo_Libertas_mug_02.jpg******

4 years later he penned this:

And then, lest you think he was some sort of reactionary, there is perhaps one of the greatest social writings, ever:
              http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/le...ovarum_en.html
              A pope being against something that doesn't favor religion?

*****http://kivafellows.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/monkey.jpg******
              NO WAY!

Seriously, is there some kind of point to this nuttiness?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                It would be so much easier if we joined the rest of the industrialized world and had single-payer health care it wouldn't be an issue.
                I know, right? We have the world's best economy and we're the only developed nation that doesn't give health care to its people. Why can't we take care of our own?
                1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

So can we equate abortion with divorce?
                  Abortions are cheaper. If you abort a fetus, you don't have to give it half of your assets accumulated while it was in your womb.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Am I the only one who doesn't see a problem with ANY of the following:

1. Obama asking for this mandate.
                    2. The Catholic church protesting it.
                    3. Obama "reversing" his course but still managing for birth control to be covered.
                    I don't have a problem with it. Much ado about nothing at this point.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                      I know, right? We have the world's best economy and we're the only developed nation that doesn't give health care to its people. Why can't we take care of our own?
                      If we give people health care they'll have no incentive to stay healthy! Or something like that... it's hard to keep the William Graham Sumner / Albert Jay Nock talking points straight.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Then why do people say pregnant women "glow"??
                        1) The same reason people with fevers glow...they are sweaty and disgusting
                        2) You say anything to not **** off the large hormonal woman

Here endeth the lesson
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Interesting poll about The Mittster sinking like a stone with independents:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...qGBR_blog.html

Not sure I've ever seen a situation where a guy won the Presidency even though the more people saw of him, the less they liked him. The worst part in all of this if you're a Mittens man is that he's basically had all the adverstising to himself, as Obama hasn't gone up with ads yet and his GOP rivals are all broke. Makes you wonder what will happen when he's getting outspent...

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Not sure I've ever seen a situation where a guy won the Presidency even though the more people saw of him, the less they liked him.
                            Richard Nixon. And he did it twice.

Reagan was falling like a stone in October 1980, too. Another month and Carter would have probably beaten him.

You can win even with mounting negatives. You just need to time it right and run against the incumbent party during a national calamity. Or face George McGovern.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 02-13-2012, 01:38 PM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Richard Nixon. And he did it twice.

Reagan was falling like a stone in October 1980, too. Another month and Carter would have probably beaten him.

You can win even with mounting negatives. You just need to time it right and run against the incumbent party during a national calamity. Or face George McGovern.
                              Fair point about Nixon. I remember sorta the 1980 campaign and Carter did get a boost initially from the hostage situation (rally around the flag) until the disasterous rescue mission IIRC sometime in October. I think that was the only thing his campaign had going for him, and when that went sour it was blowout city come election night.

Don't think The Mittster is going to be so lucky. Really problematic that turnout is down in Florida and Nevada, and only hit prior levels in NH and Iowa due to the strong showing of the Paul cultists. I'm watching with great interest how he handles Sanitarium in the next couple of contests. He's already been warned point blank not to go postal with negative advertising by some influential cons.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                I'm watching with great interest how he handles Sanitarium in the next couple of contests. He's already been warned point blank not to go postal with negative advertising by some influential cons.
                                They probably want Frothy looking good so they can put him up for VP and get the fundies on board.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X