Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

When you see it you'll shiat bricks.

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-f8Bs87QiSHs/Tuol_skw5UI/AAAAAAAAIjo/naQvJnrP8NU/s1600/FNCMistake1.jpg******
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      When you see it you'll shiat bricks.

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-f8Bs87QiSHs/Tuol_skw5UI/AAAAAAAAIjo/naQvJnrP8NU/s1600/FNCMistake1.jpg******
      lol. please tell me that was photoshopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra View Post
        lol. please tell me that was photoshopped.
        They wish.

Megyn Kelly apologized for the error on air, saying that "we put a graphic on the air ... that, as it turns out, was incorrect. It identified Mitt Romney with a picture of Barack Obama. As it turns out, they are not the same man. Not philosophically, not ideologically, not in any other way. So we apologize for that error."
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hey, for all you Ron Paul loons out there, check this out:
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          *** Those Paul newsletters: Ron Paul supporters often complain that their candidate doesn’t get enough media attention. But if they wanted him treated like a typical front-runner, they might see more coverage like today’s New York Times look at “decades-old unbylined columns in his political newsletters that included racist, anti-gay and anti-Israel passages that he has since disavowed.” One example: “A 1992 passage from the Ron Paul Political Report about the Los Angeles riots read, ‘Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks.’” Also: “A passage in another newsletter asserted that people with AIDS should not be allowed to eat in restaurants because ‘AIDS can be transmitted by saliva.’” And: “[O]ne of his publications criticized Ronald Reagan for having gone along with the creation of the federal holiday honoring the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., which it called ‘Hate Whitey Day.’” Paul has said that he didn’t write these things in his newsletter and that he disavows them. But just think all the scrutiny that Rick Perry got for that Texas ranch rock. These newsletters are just as problematic -- if not more so…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe its me, but shouldn't the man know what's going into his own newsletter? Yikes.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Hey, for all you Ron Paul loons out there, check this out:
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe its me, but shouldn't the man know what's going into his own newsletter? Yikes.
            the thing is, that was all beaten to death 4 years ago, and none of it stuck with normal people. You and Foxton can warn us about Paul until you're blue in the face, but if it's a choice between Obama, Gingrich, or Paul, then Paul is our next president. Even if he runs independent.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              the thing is, that was all beaten to death 4 years ago, and none of it stuck with normal people. You and Foxton can warn us about Paul until you're blue in the face, but if it's a choice between Obama, Gingrich, or Paul, then Paul is our next president. Even if he runs independent.
              Speaking of...

43/32/21 Obama/Gingrich/Paul. I'm kind of inclined to take the opposite view to yours, I think that poll dramatically overstates Paul's support.

I personally don't believe Paul wrote the letters, or that he agrees with what's in them. But to Rover's point, the newsletters made him near to $1 million. Either he knew the content and allowed it, or didn't and is too clueless to be president in my opinion.

I also wonder about lefties like Stewart and Maher who push Paul. Do they simply not know about the letters?

Comment

None of it stuck 4 years ago because he spent $2 million per pledged delegate and he was widely ignored by the media on the rare occasion that his support slipped past 5%.

If he actually gets on the ballot and can hang in financially, it would be interesting to see where he draws support from.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  To lighten the mood a little, this has to be the worst political logo I've ever seen.

*****http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CICAgICQ3sCzlwEQrAIY7wEyCO44vsq84tdr******

It looks like an ad for a cheap, terrible light beer.

(I know, I know...)
                  And given your description, that'll probably get Romney even higher.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                    I personally don't believe Paul wrote the letters, or that he agrees with what's in them. But to Rover's point, the newsletters made him near to $1 million. Either he knew the content and allowed it, or didn't and is too clueless to be president in my opinion.

I also wonder about lefties like Stewart and Maher who push Paul. Do they simply not know about the letters?
                    The lesson: if you open up a newsletter to right wing cranks you're going to get a fair amount of racism, homophobia, xenophobia, religious intolerance, and sexism because that's how the far right rolls.

Those newsletter words are ugly, but no more ugly than a thousand racist tactics under GOP bylines for decades. That kind of casual coded racism was the mother's milk of the Reaganites, but somehow nobody thought that Reagan was either a racist or "too clueless to be president".

The knucks of all people suddenly getting PC religion and concern-trolling about racism is the funniest thing to come out of this. Keep trying, folks. Maybe people will forget the last fifty years.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 12-20-2011, 09:58 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No offense, but if its Obama, Gingrich, Paul he gets re-elected in a landslide. Can you imagine the debates? Newtie and Loony try to out do each other while Obama struggles to keep a straight face. Paul as an independent will struggle to achieve 5% of the vote, and its all coming from the GOP candidate. Normal people weren't paying attention because Paul is a fringe lunatic. Let him start rising in polls and watch how fast people look at this stuff.

Moving on, I wonder what the latest Iowa polls say about the GOP's chances in the general election. Any candidate worth his salt ought to be able to out campaign Ron Paul, who's act got tired years ago. If they can't do that, how the hell are they going to beat Obama there?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Normal people weren't paying attention because Paul is a fringe lunatic.
                        First of all, "normal people" don't pay attention to any candidate until October.

Secondly, they aren't paying attention to Huntsman, either, and they did pay attention to Bachmann. It has nothing to do with whether a candidate is a fringe lunatic, it's the self-fulfilling prophesy of whoever network news decides to cover. The left press is actually giving a fair amount of attention to Paul. The Echo Chamber stonewalls him because every time he gets a mic in his hands he speaks over their heads to conservatives and refutes their Orwellian worldview.

You are right about one thing, though. If Paul runs as a third party candidate Obama wins the election in a landslide. If Paul somehow won the Republican nomination and drove around in the Popemobile so that some Lockheed-Martin contractor didn't shoot him, we have no idea of what would happen -- it breaks all the models.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 12-20-2011, 10:39 AM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

No offense, but if its Obama, Gingrich, Paul he gets re-elected in a landslide. Can you imagine the debates? Newtie and Loony try to out do each other while Obama struggles to keep a straight face. Paul as an independent will struggle to achieve 5% of the vote, and its all coming from the GOP candidate. Normal people weren't paying attention because Paul is a fringe lunatic. Let him start rising in polls and watch how fast people look at this stuff.

Moving on, I wonder what the latest Iowa polls say about the GOP's chances in the general election. Any candidate worth his salt ought to be able to out campaign Ron Paul, who's act got tired years ago. If they can't do that, how the hell are they going to beat Obama there?
                          It tells us nothing. Remember, Iowa went for Mike freaking Huckabee 4 years ago. You can lose the nomination in Iowa with a poor showing. You can't win it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            It tells us nothing. Remember, Iowa went for Mike freaking Huckabee 4 years ago. You can lose the nomination in Iowa with a poor showing. You can't win it, though.
                            Well said.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              Disagree on the Huckabee thing. With a bit more funding he could have been the nominee. Ron Paul winning Iowa would be the equivalent of Lyndon Larouche winning for the Dems. If the Dem field couldn't out poll him in any given state, I'd be real worried about my choices for the nomination. Same concept applies here.

Comment

Disagree on the Huckabee thing. With a bit more funding he could have been the nominee.
                                That wasn't the Huckabee problem. He looked good on paper but the moment he opened his mouth he was sunk. Hereafter to be known as the Rick Perry Problem.

Paul is scaring the party apparatus now. That's good. "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win." The RNC is transitioning from stage one to stage two. They are going to get really, really nasty if they ever reach stage three.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 12-20-2011, 12:34 PM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X