Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

    Continue/.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

  • #2
    Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

    I got better.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

      If Romney slides in without getting his hands dirty...he'll be in pretty good shape.

      Edit: Paul, Bachmann doing serious damage to Newt in the debate.
      Last edited by 5mn_Major; 12-15-2011, 09:33 PM.
      Go Gophers!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

        Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I got better.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

          Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I got better.
          But does Rep. Bachmann weigh as much as a duck?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

          ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

          Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

          I want to live forever. So far, so good.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

            Originally posted by joecct View Post
            But does Rep. Bachmann weigh as much as a duck?
            Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?
            "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
            Groucho Marx
            "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
            Ron White
            "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
            Milo Bloom

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

              Originally posted by joecct View Post
              But does Rep. Bachmann weigh as much as a duck?
              Burn her!
              Cornell '82

              "The first time I went to a Cornell game, I was in awe. I'm a big believer that sports fans should get out and see everything -- the Indy 500, the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby. I've seen all that, and there's nothing like Lynah Rink." - Carl McKee, father of Cornell Goalie, David McKee

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

                Bachmann won the debate. Not that anyone will care since they love flip-flops. Gingrich lost the debate. Why anyone bothers with Romney anymore I'll never know.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Bachmann won the debate. Not that anyone will care since they love flip-flops. Gingrich lost the debate. Why anyone bothers with Romney anymore I'll never know.
                  While I'm no fan of Newtie, if somebody offered you 1.6M bucks to schmooze influential people, and it was all legal, tell me who would turn that down? Any one of those clowns on stage would jump at that immediately.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

                  Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

                  "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

                    Also Scoobs, from our earlier discussion about Obamacare being made up of conservative ideas:
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    At last week’s debate, Newt Gingrich bluntly admitted that the broad conservative support for health care reform with an individual mandate in 1993 was simply a ploy to stop the Clinton administration’s health care reform:

                    "In 1993, in fighting HillaryCare, virtually every conservative saw the mandate as a less-dangerous future than what Hillary was trying to do. The Heritage Foundation was a major advocate of it. After HillaryCare disappeared it became more and more obvious that mandates have all sorts of problems built into them. People gradually tried to find other techniques. I frankly was floundering, trying to find a way to make sure that people who could afford it were paying their hospital bills while still leaving an out so libertarians to not buy insurance. And that's what we're wrestling with. It's now clear that the mandate, I think, is clearly unconstitutional. But, it started as a conservative effort to stop HillaryCare in the 1990s."
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    What was I telling you about believing Republicans completely? Oh, here it is:

                    Rover wrote: Scoobs, you've trotted out this line before, and I have a follow up question for you. I'm going to assume that you're basing this statement on the GOP's counter proposal to the Clinton effort in the early 90's, which called for an individual mandate. Question: Did you ever stop to consider that maybe the GOP at the time had no intention of passing this proposal, nor did they even believe in it, but rather needed to present an alternative liberal-lite plan to shield themselves from "what's your idea then?" counter-attacks?
                    Last edited by Rover; 12-16-2011, 11:20 AM.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

                    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

                    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

                      Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Also Scoobs, from our earlier discussion about Obamacare being made up of conservative ideas:
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      At last week’s debate, Newt Gingrich bluntly admitted that the broad conservative support for health care reform with an individual mandate in 1993 was simply a ploy to stop the Clinton administration’s health care reform:

                      "In 1993, in fighting HillaryCare, virtually every conservative saw the mandate as a less-dangerous future than what Hillary was trying to do. The Heritage Foundation was a major advocate of it. After HillaryCare disappeared it became more and more obvious that mandates have all sorts of problems built into them. People gradually tried to find other techniques. I frankly was floundering, trying to find a way to make sure that people who could afford it were paying their hospital bills while still leaving an out so libertarians to not buy insurance. And that's what we're wrestling with. It's now clear that the mandate, I think, is clearly unconstitutional. But, it started as a conservative effort to stop HillaryCare in the 1990s."
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      What was I telling you about believing Republicans completely? Oh, here it is:

                      Rover wrote: Scoobs, you've trotted out this line before, and I have a follow up question for you. I'm going to assume that you're basing this statement on the GOP's counter proposal to the Clinton effort in the early 90's, which called for an individual mandate. Question: Did you ever stop to consider that maybe the GOP at the time had no intention of passing this proposal, nor did they even believe in it, but rather needed to present an alternative liberal-lite plan to shield themselves from "what's your idea then?" counter-attacks?
                      It didn't start in 1993. It started with Nixon. And the bottom line is the Democrats failed. Again. You can celebrate all you want but Obamacare is an abortion.

                      Not only that but the potential GOP nominee implemented the same crap in Massachusetts.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                      Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

                        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Bachmann won the debate. Not that anyone will care since they love flip-flops. Gingrich lost the debate. Why anyone bothers with Romney anymore I'll never know.
                        For those of us who happily skipped it, care to elaborate?

                        Wonkette summary. Sounds typical:

                        10:11 – Michele Bachmann: “Obama was handed victory in Iraq on a silver plate.” Isn’t it fun how you can just quote this woman and it’s hilarious all on its own?

                        10:12 – Goddamit, Ron Paul is talking a little bit of sense. “What are we going to do, declare war on billions of Muslims? Why do we have to bomb so many countries?”

                        10:14 – MUCH HAND-FLAPPING. Ron Paul to Michele Bachmann: “You are fucking illiterate.” Then he tells a cute little short story about the Cuban Missile Crisis. Lesson: “You cannot solve problems with war.” Michele Bachmann stares blankly and says, “I stand on the side of the American people.” GOOD.

                        10:17 – Oh, Jon Huntsman. He tries to explain that the United States should focus on domestic policy before launching bazillion-dollar wars, Bret Baier cuts him off. NONE OF THAT.

                        10:19 – Rick Perry is in favor of eliminating the space between the United States and “Izruhl.” Maybe attach it to Florida or something?
                        Last edited by Kepler; 12-16-2011, 11:38 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

                          Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          For those of us who happily skipped it, care to elaborate?
                          Simple. Bachmann attacked Gingrich on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and won that exchange. Clearly. Bachmann also cleaned his and Romney's clock on the pro-life issue. This wins here the debate in my mind.

                          Gingrich not having an answer for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac except "they payed me millions of dollars to give them a history lesson" loses him the debate.

                          All Romney could do is tell everyone what a great businessman he was. Government doesn't run like a business. Never has, never will. That loses him the debate IMO.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

                            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            It didn't start in 1993. It started with Nixon. And the bottom line is the Democrats failed. Again. You can celebrate all you want but Obamacare is an abortion.

                            Not only that but the potential GOP nominee implemented the same crap in Massachusetts.
                            I can solve this dispute easily. I often post in jest that the weirdness of your posts is due to alien mind control. However, if you know more about the motivations of the GOP caucus than their former leader stated last week, I'm forced to entertain the notion that perhaps some omnipotent beings from a far off planet are indeed calling the shots in your head. So lets run a test. Have your extraterrestrial overloads tell you what I had for breakfast this morning, which shouldn't be difficult for an all powerful entity to know. Once you post the correct answer, I will concede your point and then catch a plane to DC where I will join with Mulder, Scully and The Smoking Man in trying to prevent your pals from colonizing Earth! Do we have a deal?
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

                            Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

                            "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 2012 Elections Pt II: Bachmann Turned Me Into a Newt! A Newt?

                              Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              I can solve this dispute easily. I often post in jest that the weirdness of your posts is due to alien mind control. However, if you know more about the motivations of the GOP caucus than their former leader stated last week, I'm forced to entertain the notion that perhaps some omnipotent beings from a far off planet are indeed calling the shots in your head. So lets run a test. Have your extraterrestrial overloads tell you what I had for breakfast this morning, which shouldn't be difficult for an all powerful entity to know. Once you post the correct answer, I will concede your point and then catch a plane to DC where I will join with Mulder, Scully and The Smoking Man in trying to prevent your pals from colonizing Earth! Do we have a deal?
                              There's no dispute. You're an Obamapologist and I'm not.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                              Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X