Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL Board of Governors meeting - Conference Realignment: Who goes where????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Board of Governors meeting - Conference Realignment: Who goes where????

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=604729 What are your thoughts about about what the new conferences and divisions will look like. I for one will be ticked if the Wild - Canuck rivalry goes by the wayside.
    - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
    Go you Green and White
    Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight with all your might!
    Rah! Rah! Rah!
    We are here to cheer you
    We are out to win your fame,
    So, Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Re: NHL Board of Governors meeting - Conference Realignment: Who goes where????

I won't be. Much rather play St. Louis and Chicago more often. Detroit too, but that appears to be a pipe dream.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      I won't be. Much rather play St. Louis and Chicago more often. Detroit too, but that appears to be a pipe dream.
      I agree it would be pretty sweet to play Chicago, but there is some real hate between Vancouver and MN.
      - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
      Go you Green and White
      Go Bemidji Beavers
      Fight with all your might!
      Rah! Rah! Rah!
      We are here to cheer you
      We are out to win your fame,
      So, Go Bemidji Beavers
      Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
        http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=604729 What are your thoughts about about what the new conferences and divisions will look like. I for one will be ticked if the Wild - Canuck rivalry goes by the wayside.
        will they settle this over a round of golf?
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Kevin Allen thinks there is probably 17-18 votes for the "radical" realignment at minimum.

The latest proposal is the 15 teams in the West+ Winnipeg in two 8 team divisions and Montreal Toronto, Buffalo, Boston, and Ottawa with the two Florida teams, while Carolina/Washington go to the Pitt/Philly, New York region.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

So that would be:

Tor Mon Ott Buf Bos TB Fla

NYR NYI NJD Pit Phi Was Car

LA Anh Pho SJ Van Edm Cal Col

Win Min Det Cls StL Nsh Dal Chi

At that point, you could try moving Det to one of the "Eastern" conferences/divisions. You just need to be able to accept splitting up the leftovers of the SE division.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              So that would be:

Tor Mon Ott Buf Bos TB Fla

NYR NYI NJD Pit Phi Was Car

LA Anh Pho SJ Van Edm Cal Col

Win Min Det Cls StL Nsh Dal Chi

At that point, you could try moving Det to one of the "Eastern" conferences/divisions. You just need to be able to accept splitting up the leftovers of the SE division.
              I think the unspoken comment is that the "west" and "east" will balance out when Phoenix dies.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Here's what Bronconick is talking about:

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_i...theast_div.jpg

I like it. There is no East/West conferences. It's just four groups of teams and the top four from each division make the post season. Plenty of room to allow easy re-arranging depending on where PHX lands, and if a 31st and 32nd franchise are awarded.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So basically, Illitch is getting a giant "Efffffff You!" from every other owner.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    I think the unspoken comment is that the "west" and "east" will balance out when Phoenix dies.
                    And, it solves the Red Wings issue with the time zones. Fifty five games would take place in the Eastern Time Zone (41 home games, 14 "East" road games). Only eight "late night" games in the Mountain/Pacific time zones. That leaves 19 road games against divisional opponents, who are all in the Central time zone (except for Columbus, who is also ETZ).

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      So basically, Illitch is getting a giant "Efffffff You!" from every other owner.
                      But Illitch gets the last laugh as EVERYONE in the NHL not in San Jose's division has to deal with the stupid SJ airport curfew just once per year.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

If we don't have Eastern and Western Conferences, can we go back to the Wales and Campbell Conferences.
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Adding Florida and Tampa to the Northeast division is asinine. They're making this way too complicated. Base it on geography, period.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Adding Florida and Tampa to the Northeast division is asinine.
                            Not for Tampa and Florida's revenue stream. 3 home games each with a bunch of snowbird teams.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Adding Florida and Tampa to the Northeast division is asinine. They're making this way too complicated. Base it on geography, period.
                              Not sure how going by geography is any less complicated.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                              X