Pellet Stoves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pellet Stoves

My parents have one, burning corn, not pellets. I'll agree that the major draw of the thing is that it is in the living room and it does a great job of keeping the essential living areas of their house very warm in the winter. I don't know how much it would do if it was away from the main living areas, like in the basement, but I'm guessing if the heated air is fed into your ductwork, it would have to help a bit. You just lose the ability to sit around the fire, like you'd have if the actual stove was in the living room.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I had a pellet stove in my large basement family room (900 sq feet) for the past 4 years and it was a great heat source. I just last week replaced it with a nice gas woodstove. The reason I did that is both of my son's are into sports and we do not get home a lot of nights until 6-8 and the pellet stove would have run out of pellets by then. The switch for me was purley for convenience .

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        My parents have one, burning corn, not pellets. I'll agree that the major draw of the thing is that it is in the living room and it does a great job of keeping the essential living areas of their house very warm in the winter. I don't know how much it would do if it was away from the main living areas, like in the basement, but I'm guessing if the heated air is fed into your ductwork, it would have to help a bit. You just lose the ability to sit around the fire, like you'd have if the actual stove was in the living room.
        A pellet stove or any other heating device helps heat the above living area. Warm air rises and would warm the floors and make it's way up through stairways. If you don't have a finished family room in your basement, you lose the personal comfort and benefit of sitting around the stove and watching the flame.

Comment

Working...
        X