Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 99th Grey Cup Game

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    That WAS a great game - unfortunately, the wrong Riders won it!

Tom Clements threw the pass - another western PA quarterback who had a pretty good career from Notre Dame to the CFL Hall of Fame. Seems to be doing a pretty good job with Aaron Rogers.
    Ya I forgot to mention it was also the last time the Roughriders and Rough Riders played each other in a Grey Cup game.
    Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
    2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Originally posted by gounhwildcats View Post
      Ya I forgot to mention it was also the last time the Roughriders and Rough Riders played each other in a Grey Cup game.
      This reminds me of the old Martin Short skit about the Roughriders vs. the Rough Riders.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

19 yard run by Andrew Harris puts the Lions on the board first. PAT is good and it's 7-0 BC.
        Let's go Cats!!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

After a quarter the Lions lead 11-0.
          Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

I've always loved the single point or rouge.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Defenses rule the day in the first half as neither team can generate much. Lions go into halftime leading 14-6.
              Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                I've always loved the single point or rouge.
                This one was on a punt into the endzone, not a missed field goal
                Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

In the fourth quarter now, Lions lead 24-9.
                  Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

Ya, there's been various efforts through the years to get a team somewhere in the Maritimes. Halifax has been talked about for years, however there isn't an appropriate stadium anywhere outside of the current CFL cities. There's people with plenty of money out there to run a team, and judging by the crowds that have shown up for the 2 games that have played there the last couple of years, plenty of fan support. However, no-one from the government to private ownership wants to build a stadium so without a place to play there's zero chance they will ever get a team. Quebec City remains a strong possibility as Laval University draws over 15 K (that's a huge crowd for Canadian University football) a game. Plus with the built in rivalry against Montreal it would be a huge draw there. The city and province have talked about building a stadium but who knows. Generally unless it's health care related, the great sucking maw of tax dollars, governments are reluctant to spend money on anything in this country.
                    Hamilton won't even have a stadium next year, as theirs is being renovated.

Edit, sorry, they're out in 2013 as the stadium is being replaced for the Pan Am Games in 2015.
                    Last edited by 3W; 11-27-2011, 08:50 PM.
                    Originally posted by Jon
                    You call everything.

Comment

Lions looked like they were going to stroll to an easy victory, but hat's off to the Bombers as they make it close. Lions win the 99th Grey Cup 34-23. Way to go guys!!
                      Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

I wouldn't mind this being a regular thread on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                          I wouldn't mind this being a regular thread on the board.
                          Well I'm more than happy to start a CFL thread, just not sure I won't be the only one posting in it
                          Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

Well I'm more than happy to start a CFL thread, just not sure I won't be the only one posting in it
                            I'm in. I love the CFL. It's good for when my NFL team continually loses.

Comment

Alrighty then. Come the 2012 season I'll start a CFL thread. Even if it's just you, Steve P and myself we'll have a place to talk Canadian football. Hope you enjoyed the game today.

Dean
                              Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

Alrighty then. Come the 2012 season I'll start a CFL thread. Even if it's just you, Steve P and myself we'll have a place to talk Canadian football. Hope you enjoyed the game today.

Dean
                                Works for me!

AAARRRGGGOOOOOOOS
                                Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
                                X