X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Basketball 2011-12: The Road to New Orleans

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Get out! Seriously?

That's just... awful. I mean, you should luck into more than two wins out of 32.
    Yep. Last I checked its 2-30 on the road in big ten play (although it may be 2-30 overall after looking at the past few seasons...not sure...but still point stands). Both road wins were at Penn State. One this year and one last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
      Yep. Last I checked its 2-30 on the road in big ten play (although it may be 2-30 overall after looking at the past few seasons...not sure...but still point stands). Both road wins were at Penn State. One this year and one last season.
      Make that 2-31. IU drops another one on the road, this time to Wisconsin.

Also I think that 2-31 is defintely just Big Ten play. They have 2 wins @ Penn State since 2008 (when Crean took over) and won 2 on the road this season (@ Evansville and @ NC State).
      Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 01-26-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

If IU wants to consider themselves back they need to win some games on the road. Now 2-32 on the road under Crean.

Comment

The NCAA's are all about matchups, but Creighton is going to be scary good the next couple of years. As good as they are this year, they may be even better by the end of next year. They return everyone but Young, their point guard. Which may mean a slow start next fall, but their freshman is getting minutes this year and looks like he should be able to step into the starting role fairly smoothly. And McDermott could be the best player out of the Missouri Valley since Larry Bird as long as he doesn't get hurt. The man scores 24 points and grabs 8 boards a night with ease. Never thought I'd see a Creighton player make Kyle Korver look pedestrian, but ****ed if he doesn't. As a freaking sophomore.

Comment

Northern Iowa knocks off Creighton with a 3 at the buzzer.
            McDermott was going to be a Panther till his dad took the Creighton job.
            Neither McDermott receives a nice welcome at the McLeod Center anymore.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

The last undefeated goes down.

Murray State falls to Tennessee State.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Maybe the world is coming to an end. Doug Gottlieb admitted Syracuse is the best team in the country.
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                  Maybe the world is coming to an end. Doug Gottlieb admitted Syracuse is the best team in the country.
                  I'd rather him keep fellating about how good Kentucky is.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    I'd rather him keep fellating about how good Kentucky is.
                    He'll just call us Cuse fans vile like he did on Twitter.
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Re: College Basketball 2011-12: The Road to New Orleans

Marquette's Jae Crowder named Big East player of the year, because he's kind of awesome. They play Louisville tonight and I'm gonna go ahead and predict a loss because Louisville is evil. Marquette is ranked a little high for my taste - not sure they are a top 10 team.

Comment

Northwestern basketball: Always looking for new ways to avoid going to the NCAA tournament.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                          Marquette is ranked a little high for my taste - not sure they are a top 10 team.
                          Physically, they definitely are, but mentally, outside of Crowder, they've got a lot of meatheads.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Northwestern basketball reminds me of MSU football in the 2000s with Bobby Williams and John L Smith. No matter how good the outlook, no matter how close success was, there was always some way to blow it. I guess the good thing is that only lasted for 7 years while Northwestern has been living it for all eternity.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Northwestern basketball: Always looking for new ways to avoid going to the NCAA tournament.
                              It would be nice to see Minnesota take out Michigan and get to 20 wins. No way they will go beyond a 3rd game, but still would be a good way to go into the NIT. Also would be win #100 for Tubby at MN.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

The Pac12 needs to be put out of its misery.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X