Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Basketball 2011-12: The Road to New Orleans

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Coach K has tied Bobby Knight at the top with 902 wins.
    And yet he still sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
      The Carrier Classic is unbelievable. What an amazing sight, amazing idea. Promote whoever came up with it.
      If by "promote" you meant "keelhaul," I complete agree.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
        The Carrier Classic is unbelievable. What an amazing sight, amazing idea. Promote whoever came up with it.
        Because stealing a gimmick from the 1980's era WWF is simply brilliant. Did Harrison Barnes bodyslam Tom Izzo before the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I actually liked it. It's a nice treat for the people on that ship that serve our country. I hope they do it again, but use different teams and different ships. You can do it in Norfolk, Annapolis and other spots. As for the WWF thing, I was expecting Coach K to do a run-in and hit Roy Williams with a chair.
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
            I actually liked it. It's a nice treat for the people on that ship that serve our country. I hope they do it again, but use different teams and different ships. You can do it in Norfolk, Annapolis and other spots. As for the WWF thing, I was expecting Coach K to do a run-in and hit Roy Williams with a chair.
            I think it's going to become an every year thing, at least for two more years. Next year is Arizona-UConn, and the year after that Michigan State has been offered another invite, mostly due to coming up with the event. There are talks of adding a women's game too. Personally I want to see what was originally planned: A 4 team tournament. Mark Hollis (MSU AD who thought of the CC) wanted a tournament with MSU, UNC, Air Force and Navy but that didn't work out, never found out why.

It's pretty funny to start to see these inside jokes actually happen. On an MSU message board there was a rumor years ago of playing on an aircraft carrier, and it just became a running joke when there was speculation for anything with scheduling. And then of course we have USCHO's BTHC. Now I'm just waiting for EA Sports NCAA Hockey.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              What didn't you like about it?

Comment

So who's got their Monster or Rockstar ready to go for the Tip-Off Marathon

Still amazed that ESPN can get Drexel and Rider to tip off at 5am CST for this... Guess any TV is good TV, ha ha...
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  So who's got their Monster or Rockstar ready to go for the Tip-Off Marathon

Still amazed that ESPN can get Drexel and Rider to tip off at 5am CST for this... Guess any TV is good TV, ha ha...
                  Love this idea, but my idea of heaven is 24 hours of college hockey.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

It is done.

Mike Krzyzewski: 903 wins.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Thank goodness. I am sooo tired of hearing about coach K.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        Thank goodness. I am sooo tired of hearing about coach K.
                        I hope you're being facetious because if you think this is going to kill the fervor, you've got another thing coming.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I hope you're being facetious because if you think this is going to kill the fervor, you've got another thing coming.
                          Last night was sadly disappointed watching ESPN as the K marathon continued.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

I'm not a Duke fan, but I don't have any ill will towards Coach K.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              I'm not a Duke fan, but I don't have any ill will towards Coach K.
                              Ditto. I don't see how a person could hate Coach K... I hate Duke, but certainly not Coach K.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Upset alert: Pitt trails Long Beach State by 8 with 12 to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X