Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Basketball 2011-12: The Road to New Orleans

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    It would be nice to see Minnesota take out Michigan and get to 20 wins. No way they will go beyond a 3rd game, but still would be a good way to go into the NIT. Also would be win #100 for Tubby at MN.
    MN probably should have won the game in regulation, but they just couldn't put it away. Michigan was never in doubt in OT.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

The amount of craptacular officiating that the ACC is using to shove UNC and Duke through this round is beyond belief.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        The Pac12 needs to be put out of its misery.
        Good God that conference is beyond awful. I'd give an NCAA tourney bid to the winner of the Northern Sun conference before I gave anyone in the Pac-12 an at-large bid.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Hey, there's college basketball tonight and I am not going to start a new thread. Ohio State vs. Marquette with No Mayo on the big ship. Kind of looking forward to a non-cupcake game. For Marquette, anyway.
          Last edited by jen; 11-09-2012, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Can Stanford repeat its title?

(Hey, it's still A title, dammit.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Charges against Bernie Fine (Syracuse Ast. Coach) were dropped after they found no evidence to back up claims of abuse.
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

MSU playing in Germany against UConn at 5.

Carrier Classic is already losing the entire point of the game. Ticket sales are much more public this year and the (four?) games aren't even being played on active ships. I think all proceeds are going towards Wounded Warriors so that's good.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  MSU playing in Germany against UConn at 5.

Carrier Classic is already losing the entire point of the game. Ticket sales are much more public this year and the (four?) games aren't even being played on active ships. I think all proceeds are going towards Wounded Warriors so that's good.
                  I really hate these camo jersey's.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Marquette and Ohio State on hold due to moisture on the court. I know Syracuse and San Diego State was moved to Sunday because of expected rain in the area tonight.
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Good start for Iowa tonight. Need to win virtually all of the non conference games this year to have a shot to dance.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

There were concerns Wednesday about moisture on the court, but they didn't change the game. Disappointing. Carrier Classic organizers drop the ball. Well, at least now Marquette doesn't have to get waxed by OSU.

Buzz Williams and the MU players were on their hands and knees wiping the court, while the OSU players and coaches watched. Nancies.

Also, JS reports there's a 90% chance Todd Mayo is finished. Various problems off the court, including academics. Teammates felt he showed a sense of entitlement because of his brother and didn't fit in. He was great against Wisconsin last year, but kind of fell off after that.

Comment

UAH plays Kansas State tonight at 9 on ESPN2. If they somehow pull off the upset they would get to go to the NIT semifinals at Madison Square Garden.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Minnesota did their part in going to 4-0 last night with a win over Richmond. Now the test begins. They play #9 Duke in the Bahamas on Thursday.
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Do we want to start a new 2012-13 thread or keep going??
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Jack Taylor of DIII Grinnell scores NCAA record 138 points in one game.

Was 52/108 including 27/71 from 3 point range. I wonder if the amount of misses is an NCAA record as well.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X