College Basketball 2011-12: The Road to New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Basketball 2011-12: The Road to New Orleans

Creighton @ SDSU has been a barn burner. Creighton trailed by 17 midway thru the 1st half, then led by as much as 8 late in the 2nd. Currently up 4 with :58 to go.

Edit: Oh, and I will take credit for calling the Skurs game, too.

Edit 2: CU now up 1, as SDSU has made 4 straight 3's to close the gap. CU with the ball, though.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Creighton @ SDSU has been a barn burner. Creighton trailed by 17 midway thru the 1st half, then led by as much as 8 late in the 2nd. Currently up 4 with :58 to go.

Edit: Oh, and I will take credit for calling the Skurs game, too.

Edit 2: CU now up 1, as SDSU has made 4 straight 3's to close the gap. CU with the ball, though.
      Always have respect for Creighton. I always have this fear that my Syracuse will draw them in the tourney and get the lights shot out while in that 2-3 zone.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Wow. CU holds on to win after missing a free throw but getting the offensive board. Phew. They can officially say they deserve their ranking now.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          Even with Virginia upsetting #15 Michigan and Minnesota likely not beating VT without Mbakwe, the B1G should still win this years challenge. They are up 4-2 going into today's games and will be favored to win in enough of them to probably get to 7 wins.

Indiana, Nebraska, Michigan State, Boston College, Virginia Tech, North Carolina would be my guess for winners. Making the final 7-5 for the B1G, and a 3rd consecutive win (after losing the first 10 yrs).
          So about the bolded...

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            So about the bolded...

They did a nice job finding a way to win without Mbakwe and Sampson III.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

See having Sampson out actually helped I think

I had a lot of fun at the game...sat center court 14 rows up! I felt like goldy_331 minus the whole "I am a d-bag from Edina" thing
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I had a lot of fun at the game...sat center court 14 rows up! I felt like goldy_331 minus the whole "I am a d-bag from Edina" thing
                You felt like you were 90 yrs old?
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Well I was going for "rich and elite" but I am getting kinda old
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well I was going for "rich and elite" but I am getting kinda old
                    Wait, I'm supposed to be the old one here? Who has hair?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      Wait, I'm supposed to be the old one here? Who has hair?
                      Oh snap!
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Marquette upset Wisconsin at the Kohl Center on Saturday afternoon. They played pretty well - impressed with Todd Mayo. Nice to see them hold on after Wisconsin made a comeback in the second half.

Comment

This is awesome.
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Harvard enters the AP poll for the first time in school history. Probably will be short lived since they play UConn this week, but could see them getting back in later in the season if they roll through the conference schedule as expected. Brown is now the only Ivy League school to have never been ranked.

Creighton enters the AP poll at #19 and moves up to #17 in the coaches poll. Woot.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              Harvard enters the AP poll for the first time in school history. Probably will be short lived since they play UConn this week, but could see them getting back in later in the season if they roll through the conference schedule as expected. Brown is now the only Ivy League school to have never been ranked.

Creighton enters the AP poll at #19 and moves up to #17 in the coaches poll. Woot.
                              Makes me feel a little bit better about the beating they gave the Hawks.

Iowa loses 80-60 to a fairly good UNI squad. Just gotta keep telling myself we're a year away from any sort of relevance..
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Indiana sticks a 3 at the buzzer to beat Kentucky, 73-72.

Rumors of John Calipari committing 3 major NCAA violations on the way to the Kentucky locker room are unfounded.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X