X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sandusky/Penn State scandal

Originally posted by pirate View Post
    dude, take a breath. I can't even tell what you are talking about. I was commenting that the PSU and catholic church issue are more similar than many people recognize...the scale was different but the reaction of the higher ups was similar and the resultant outcome was similar. I never said scale mitigated anything, that is all you.

The removed from the team comment was intended to parallel the moved to another parish tactic...it 'solves' one issue on the surface but doesn't address the crimes nor stop the next crime.

sheesh, lighten up
    Evidently I had a brain sh**t (it wouldn't be the first time) and misinterpreted your post. In the spirit of the season, I apologize. I was evidently agreeing with you at the top of my lungs.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ony/52007662/1

Red testified today, I guess he was to bashful to use the proper terms when explaining what he saw to coach Paterno. What a dope.

At Paterno's house the next day, sitting at his kitchen table, McQueary said he described what he saw and that he told Paterno that Sandusky was in a "sexual" act with the child and described it as "extremely sexual."

McQueary said he did not give Paterno explicit details of what he believed he'd seen, saying he wouldn't have used terms like sodomy or anal intercourse out of respect for the longtime coach. He described it as "rough positioning" of Sandusky and the boy.

He said Paterno told him he had "done the right thing" by reporting what he saw. The head coach appeared shocked and saddened and slumped back in his chair, McQueary said.

Ten days after speaking with Paterno he said he met with Curley and Schultz.

"There is no question in my mind that I conveyed to them that I saw Jerry Sandusky in the showers with a boy and there was severe sexual acts going on and it was wrong and over the line," he said.

But he said he did not use the words "anal intercourse" or "sodomy."

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ony/52007662/1

Red testified today, I guess he was to bashful to use the proper terms when explaining what he saw to coach Paterno. What a dope.
        "Rough positioning?'' What in the heck is that supposed to mean? I suppose we're lucky McQueary didn't call it "encroachment."
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          "Rough positioning?'' What in the heck is that supposed to mean? I suppose we're lucky McQueary didn't call it "encroachment."
          Or Illegal d^*^ to the face
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            Or Illegal d^*^ to the face
            An Illegal Touching joke would be way too easy and wrong.
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Ugh. We've got months, maybe years of this in our future.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                An Illegal Touching joke would be way too easy and wrong.
                I dunno, it could be worse. He could have been called for fis... Errr, "holding"

*****http://www.stilettosetsports.com/wp-content/uploads/holding.jpg******
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I dunno, it could be worse. He could have been called for fis... Errr, "holding"

*****http://www.stilettosetsports.com/wp-content/uploads/holding.jpg******
                  If we can joke about the Challenger disaster: *dumb blond sounding voice meant to be Christa McAuliffe* "what happens if I push THIS button (followed by sound of explosion)" We can joke about anything. The "humor" courtesy of "The Greaseman,."

Comment

We also heard that Paterno waited to inform his boss Curley because he "didn't want to interfere with their weekend". way to go, Joe.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...=ncaaf-wp11597

In the testimony, Paterno said he "knew inappropriate action was taken by Jerry Sandusky with a youngster" after a meeting with then-graduate assistant Mike McQueary, who allegedly saw Sandusky sexually abusing a boy in a locker room shower the previous night, but did not inform police and waited at least a day to inform his boss, athletic director Tim Curley, because he "didn't want to interfere with their weekends."
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Now we have a sportswriter:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...Mi7O_blog.html
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Time to kill this thread.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                        X