This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sandusky/Penn State scandal

Despite the universal revulsion at the events at Penn State, there are other crimes that are even worse. Over the years I've heard various advocates declare that sexual abuse is the worst thing that can possibly happen to a child. Well, without defending any pedophile anywhere or minimizing the depravity of their crimes, I tell you that's not true. There is sexual abuse followed by torture and death. The educational level of our posters suggests to me that they don't credit the notion that pedophilia involves only or primarily homosexual contact between a man and boys. I'm sure our posters understand that the majority of victims are little girls. And that a significant percentage of pedophiles have no preference.

To illustrate my point, this tragic story:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/07/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

If guilty, this guy richly deserves execution. And I would be willing to assist.
    Last edited by Old Pio; 12-07-2011, 08:58 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I missed what his wife did apparently...
      Basically said nothing while he went down in the basement with child after child after child.

This is actually distressingly common in cases like this. The wife knows, but realizes if she turns him in she loses her husband and her livelihood and probably ends up on the street. And you know **** well psychopaths like Sandusky will take advantage of that fact. The wife also said nothing in that one case where the Texas judge beat the crap out of his daughter with a belt and the daughter caught it on webcam (in her defense, she may have been brainwashed.)
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foxton View Post
        He's back, just staying in the nice planet or political threads where he's more or less being ignored by all involved.
        The good folks in this thread need a similar re-training class
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Basically said nothing while he went down in the basement with child after child after child.

This is actually distressingly common in cases like this. The wife knows, but realizes if she turns him in she loses her husband and her livelihood and probably ends up on the street. And you know **** well psychopaths like Sandusky will take advantage of that fact. The wife also said nothing in that one case where the Texas judge beat the crap out of his daughter with a belt and the daughter caught it on webcam (in her defense, she may have been brainwashed.)
          I don't buy that she was brainwashed. Scared maybe. And she didn't do nothing, she helped him beat the daughter. Appalling video.

Whatever happened to that guy?
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            The good folks in this thread need a similar re-training class
            Check with your favorite authoritarian regime for guidance. They're all experts at getting people to "think right."
            Last edited by Old Pio; 12-08-2011, 04:35 PM.

Comment

This is just an assumption, but if, if she was married to him all those years and he was never throwing it in her(all their kids are adopted), and yet, he was hanging around little kids all the time, she should burn in hell anyway for either not having a frickin' clue, or willfully turning a blind eye to it.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                This is just an assumption, but if, if she was married to him all those years and he was never throwing it in her(all their kids are adopted), and yet, he was hanging around little kids all the time, she should burn in hell anyway for either not having a frickin' clue, or willfully turning a blind eye to it.
                I agree, but it's a big "if."

Comment

personally I find this unbelievable. its not like they lived in a 500 room mansion. most people are aware - roughly - where people are in their house. she was buying the "going to tuck the teenage boys in" story for the last 35 years??
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

My take on the situation as told by Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy.

Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      Expect him to land in the Dick Cheney Memorial Undisclosed Location sooner than later.
                      Both before and after the trial. If he's convicted he's going to be a very expensive prisoner. I assume they keep cases like this segregated from the general population.

The parsimonious explanation of the wife's behavior is denial. I suppose she could have been criminally complicit like the dioceses that just kept moving pedophile priests around for calculated, selfish reasons, but I think it's considerably more likely that the woman's circuitry melted the first time she subconsciously "got" what was happening.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Both before and after the trial. If he's convicted he's going to be a very expensive prisoner. I assume they keep cases like this segregated from the general population.

The parsimonious explanation of the wife's behavior is denial. I suppose she could have been criminally complicit like the dioceses that just kept moving pedophile priests around for calculated, selfish reasons, but I think it's considerably more likely that the woman's circuitry melted the first time she subconsciously "got" what was happening.
                        That, or maybe she's thick as a brick. Sexual abuse of children is the one criminal charge for which many people are willing to forget about a presumption of innocence and get right to the gurney. Many (most?) people believe Michael Jackson was a pedophile. Yet no charges were ever proven, and the accusers and their families were shown rather conclusively to be grifters, hoping to cash in. The first kid did cash in, big time. Was it 15 million or more? Would you lie or exagerate to get your hands on a pile of money that big? Some would. Maureen Orth exposed the details of the first case against Jackson. Among other things, the kid only made the sexual allegations under the influence of drugs, during which he would be highly suggestible.

In Sandusky's case, is there anybody, anywhere who believes it's possible he's not guilty? We've already decided that. What we're doing now is parceling out the guilt to people who DIDN'T abuse children but "could" or "should" have "done something.": Paterno, McQuery, Mrs. Sandusky and various university officials. And there will be others, I guarantee it. Bit players like the janitor, whose only defense to being thrown under the bus is that he's senile. And maybe these people deserve what they're gonna get. In these moral panic situations, however, it's possible to get the whiff of Salem.
                        Last edited by Old Pio; 12-10-2011, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Michael Jackson was a victim of his own publicity. at first he wanted the crazy stories out there, later not so much. two words of what happened to Michael Jackson - Martin Bashir. otherwise we all would be thinking those boys (mostly their parents) we in it for the $$$.

this Sandusky thing is different. should people stand by and watch murder? rape? should we report it if we know it happened? this went on for DECADES! lost of people knew and did nothing. that's wrong, morally, ethically, legally.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            Michael Jackson was a victim of his own publicity. at first he wanted the crazy stories out there, later not so much. two words of what happened to Michael Jackson - Martin Bashir. otherwise we all would be thinking those boys (mostly their parents) we in it for the $$$.

this Sandusky thing is different. should people stand by and watch murder? rape? should we report it if we know it happened? this went on for DECADES! lost of people knew and did nothing. that's wrong, morally, ethically, legally.
                            You're rebutting an argument I didn't make. That's par for the course on this thread. Everyone asserts, forcefully, what they would have done. No way to know for sure, is there? And they're just as willing to forcefully assert what others should have done, without knowing all the facts. It surely looks like lots of folks turned their backs on wrong doing. But we don't know for sure, do we? And that's the only point I've been trying to make. We are repulsed by the descriptions of what went on and we want people contemporanously to act the way we believe we would have with the benefit of hindsight. Perhaps. Perhaps not.

As to Jackson, his accusers WERE in it for the money. And he had already been extorted for millions before Martin Bashir came along. If he had abused those boys, one assumes there would have been other victims (like with Sandusky) who would have come forward. None did. We'll never know for sure, of course, but I don't think he was a kiddie diddler. You're right, he was responsible for a lot of the weird stories about him (sleeping in the hyperbaric chamber, for instance). But being in uncharted territory on the weirdness scale doesn't automatically make you a pedophile.
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 12-11-2011, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                              You're rebutting an argument I didn't make. That's par for the course on this thread. Everyone asserts, forcefully, what they would have done. No way to know for sure, is there? And they're just as willing to forcefully assert what others should have done, without knowing all the facts. It surely looks like lots of folks turned their backs on wrong doing. But we don't know for sure, do we? And that's the only point I've been trying to make. We are repulsed by the descriptions of what went on and we want people contemporanously to act the way we believe we would have with the benefit of hindsight. Perhaps. Perhaps not.
                              How dare you suggest that people actually have the facts before forming their opinions?
                              "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                              Groucho Marx
                              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                              Ron White
                              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                              Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                                How dare you suggest that people actually have the facts before forming their opinions?
                                It's a big part of why I got suspended. Guess I still haven't learned my lesson. Let's take another example. How many of us were absolutely, positively certain that SOMETHING had to have gone on at the McMartin day care center in LA? The hysteria surrounding that case, among other things, resulted in a 75-year old wheel chair bound lady being charged with multiple counts of child sexual abuse. Does that make any sense. . .at all? The twin mantras were: "Believe the children," and "children don't lie." No matter how bizarre or impossible the claims were (black jets, levitation, satanic rituals in tunnels underneath the school, abuse in churches, abuse in a grocery store, etc) those mantras were endlessly repeated. And after one of the longest, most expensive criminal trials ever, nobody was convicted of anything. Because nothing happened. For years after that case, parents and supporters dug around the school, looking for those tunnels. No luck. No tunnels. No abuse.
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 12-11-2011, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X