Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Burger King burger vs. new Wendy's

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    The McRib is coming back, and will be putting all other fastfood to shame until November 14th.
    So you'll be having the McRuns until November 16th...

Comment

Ever since I saw this I can't really think of Wendy's the same way.

*****http://www.zedog.net/webpics/wendys_logo_all_grown_up.jpg******
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You know what?

I have never eaten a McRib. Ever.

Am I missing anything?
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          You know what?

Am I missing anything?
          No. They are awful. All I can think of when I see those things is the Simpsons episode with the Krusty Rib-wich. Where they pour the molten liquid into the rib molds...and then later when Krusty says the animal they use to make it extinct...."Cow? Pig? Chicken?" to which he responds "Think smaller...and more legs"

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            You know what?

Am I missing anything?
            About 3000 empty calories and several trips to the bathroom.

Someone once joked that the McRib is whatever was left over at the end of a day at MickeyD's, molded into shape and covered with whatever they have to simulate barbecue sauce. At least, I think they were joking...

Comment

I'm sure you could do this with all sorts of varieties of fast food, but this is... unappetizing.
              http://foodfacts.info/mcrib/

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                But Culvers' fries are bullcrap. Gotta look big picture here.
                That's why I order the onion rings. For as bad as their fries are, their onion rings are that good.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  With all the places in the Twin cities to eat a good burger people actually CHOOSE to go to Smashburger? Huh...wonders never cease
                  Hey, I had to take children to that Lands End outlet in Har Mar for winter coats and snow boots. We weren't driving anywhere else for dinner after that.
                  Bugs Bunny - 96
                  Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Ever since I saw this I can't really think of Wendy's the same way.

*****http://www.zedog.net/webpics/wendys_logo_all_grown_up.jpg******
                    "Must spread rep" . . .
                    Bugs Bunny - 96
                    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Whats the problem with Smashburger? For a place that is semi-fast food, I think they're burgers are **** good. Maybe not as good as you can get at some of the local bars/sit down restaurants, but it isn't the same kind of place, I wouldn't expect it to be as good as a good bar burger. When compared to other fast food type restaurants it is pretty easily near the top.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                        Hey, I had to take children to that Lands End outlet in Har Mar for winter coats and snow boots. We weren't driving anywhere else for dinner after that.
                        Holy crap...PEOPLE STILL GO TO HAR MAR?!?!?!?!?

(totally kidding)

I can make burgers in a microwave better than Smashburger and the rest of the fast food places...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Also, the McRib is only 490 calories, so yeah, it is packed with preservatives and some unknown substance passed off as meat, and will probably give you a bad case of the liqui****s, but really, it isn't nearly as bad for you as other fast food sandwiches.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Holy crap...PEOPLE STILL GO TO HAR MAR?!?!?!?!? (totally kidding)

No kidding. It was us, and about six other people. That's a strange place, man.

(Smashburger was tasty, tho'!)
                            Bugs Bunny - 96
                            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Also, the McRib is only 490 calories, so yeah, it is packed with preservatives and some unknown substance passed off as meat, and will probably give you a bad case of the liqui****s, but really, it isn't nearly as bad for you as other fast food sandwiches.
                              I liked Smashburger that one time I've been there. The sauce and haystack onions were the highlight, but the burger wasn't bad at all, IMO.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                I liked Smashburger that one time I've been there. The sauce and haystack onions were the highlight, but the burger wasn't bad at all, IMO.
                                Smashburger burgers sit in your stomach like a brick of lead. I don't know what the hell they do to those, but I'm never eating one again. Not when I can grill at home for as good or better taste and still be able to move later.

Comment

Working...
                                X