Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NBA 2009-2010: More ref complaints

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Just one more team and Illitch will finally own the City of Detroit!

Then where does he continue his crusade? East to Windsor, or west to buy the rest of the state?

I would love for him to be able to buy the Pistons, I just hope he wouldn't forget about them like he did with the Tigers. But he appears to enjoy sellouts at Copa, so I doubt he'll be blinded by the success of one of his teams like he was before with the Wings.
    He didn't forget about the Tigers. Keep in mind that for a couple of years early in his ownership the Tigers had the highest payroll in baseball. He just had very poor front office management. And, sadly, the condition of, and the lack of amenities in, Tiger Stadium prevented him from dumping the payroll that we see today into the franchise. It was Tom Monahan that wrecked this franchise to the point where Ilitch had to come in and save it.

He will not have that problem with the Pistons, if this does happen. He already has Tom Wilson in his employment, who just left the Palace management team. He should be able to step right in and go.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

NBA is going to have the Raptors and Nets play two games in London in March 2011.

March 4th and 5th.
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Interesting that they'll play that late in the season. Usually you'll see something like that in the opening week or so.

Of course, since it's Toronto and the Nets, there probably aren't going to be any playoff implications, so no harm, no foul, I guess.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Tracy McGrady to the Pistons on a 1 year deal, somewhere around the veterans minimum.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Delonte West asked about the LeBron's mother rumor
            -Posted by Matt Pepin, Boston.com Staff September 27, 2010 03:32 PM

Celtics guard Delonte West was asked today about rumors that have swirled for months that he had an intimate relationship with the mother of former Cavaliers star LeBron James, according to the Globe's Gary Washburn.

"I come from an era where you don't say nothing bad about someone's parent. So not at all," was West's response to reporters at today's Celtics media day in Waltham.

Reporters were told to only ask basketball questions, but a radio station persisted in asking West about Gloria James, Washburn said.

didn't say "no".
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
            X