Help? Starting a team web site for HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help? Starting a team web site for HS

I know someone out there might have some ideas. I want to start a website for my kid's High School team. We are using a free site now and it is so confining. Want to be able to post updates about latest meet results, directions to stuff, what the alums are doing, pictures (I mean a lot of pictures- sometimes > 1000 a week) and possible have a way for people to post questions, etc. Would love it to have the capability to ping people when something new is posted. Don't really want to go the FB route which so many teams do because many of the parents/grandparents aren't into that and the school might freak.

Is there a way to do this with my not trained brain? Will it cost me millions? I am willing to plug away at it

Re: Help? Starting a team web site for HS

You have a lot of different options on what to do. It sounds like what you need most is a lot of storage and bandwidth, which are the two things that you pay for when running a web site. But you can do this either for free, as you have tried, or for a low fee (like $7/month) through pay sites. Most of them include tools to let you add features like posting comments/questions, etc.

The key as you have found, is to find one that lets you break out of their templates if you want to.

You might start with GoDaddy.com and see if that fits your needs. The only other cost associated should be the buying of a domain name (myhighschool.com). Which will also be fairly cheap (maybe $15 for 2 years).

Also if you end up really stuck, I can help you build the website, as I have done that professionally for over a decade. If you need a resume I can send one over.
    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-12-2011, 08:10 AM.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
    X