Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 College Football: Occupy GameDay!

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    The B1G and the P12 are probably still worried about the Rose Bowl, one would think.
    \

I suspect that would be the sticking point. It's one thing to lose the traditional match-up when one team is in the NC game, it's another to lose it so one team could have a chance to play in the NC game. While last years Rose Bowl game was an entertaining game, I would have much rather UW played (and lost to) Stanford than TCU. The Rose Bowl game is the Big10's only tie in with a Pac-12 team and I'd like to keep that as a meaningful match-up as much as possible.

As long as you make the BCS just the 2 semi-final games and the champ game and let the Rose keep it's traditional tie picking the top B10 and Pac12 teams that are not in the top 4 it might be something that can be negotiated. Do away with all of the autobids and just have it pick the top 4 from the BCS standings.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      The B1G and the P12 are probably still worried about the Rose Bowl, one would think.
      Rightfully so. It's the only bowl worth watching and the only bowl with any semblance of tradition. One where both teams that make it know how much it means (at least if they're from the Big Ten or Pac-12).
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'd like to hurl numerous expletives at the Sugar Bowl people today.

That is all.
        Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
          Rumors that Virginia Tech is going to the Sugar Bowl. Kansas State has to be pretty upset.
          This is almost as bad as 1998.
          Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

To everyone that is claiming that the Rose Bowl has some sort of magical tradition...it doesn't. Not anymore. Let go. The ship has docked on the other side of the Atlantic and isn't coming back.
            Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
              To everyone that is claiming that the Rose Bowl has some sort of magical tradition...it doesn't. Not anymore. Let go. The ship has docked on the other side of the Atlantic and isn't coming back.
              False.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                The Rose Bowl game is the Big10's only tie in with a Pac-12 team and I'd like to keep that as a meaningful match-up as much as possible.
                That's what happens when you have 5 bowl games with the SEC.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                  Are you a fan of a team in the B1G? Every year I dream of seeing the Hawkeyes in the Rose Bowl, playing a USC, Stanford, Oregon, Cal, etc, in the granddaddy of them all. The Rose Bowl has tradition. Period.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    While last years Rose Bowl game was an entertaining game, I would have much rather UW played (and lost to) Stanford than TCU.
                    It also would have been much less embarrassing a perfectly logical outcome.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by exileondaytonstreet View Post
                      it also would have been much less embarrassing a perfectly logical outcome.
                      haha
                      AF 99

Comment

Also, I'll start a Bowl Pick 'Em on ESPN and post the details here. Let's have a little fun with it, eh?
                        AF 99

Comment

Working...
                        X