Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 College Football: Occupy GameDay!

Tonight's game reminds me...

I've been to one college game and it was Wisconsin-Michigan State at Camp Randall during the Ron Dayne era. During the break between the 1st and 2nd quarters, Bucky ran over and stole a State flag from their cheerleaders. I guess not everyone on the cheer squad was told, and a male cheerleader took off after Bucky and flying-tackled him directly in front of the Wisconsin student section. I think there was more screaming and yelling at that point than during any of the game. A very entertaining evening.

Comment

Sparty!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        Sparty!
        Shouldn't be too big of a surprise (see post #94). Wisconsin does this every year. They win a bunch of games and get into the NC conversation only to pee one away in conference play.
        How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          Oklahoma/Texas Tech in a weather delay...

Maybe it's just because these delays are occuring in "National" level games, but I can't for the life of me remember more than a few games that had weather delays before this year... Now it seems to be a weekly thing... Anyone have any insight into this? Has the NCAA issued a point of emphasis on Lightning Safety or something?
          I don't recall ever seeing a game weather delayed until this year that wasn't a CWS game.

I blame it on El Niño...
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Kiss your NT hopes good-bye bucky.
            How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Comment

• Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
              Shouldn't be too big of a surprise (see post #94). Wisconsin does this every year. They win a bunch of games and get into the NC conversation only to pee one away in conference play.
              And it's usually Sparty doing the honors.

It's humbling to be continually reminded that we aren't that good. Better Sparty than Ohio State I guess.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
                Kiss your NT hopes good-bye bucky.
                Define "NT hopes"...

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Define "NT hopes"...
                  Any shot Wisconsin had at playing for a National Title is gone if they lose this game. Wisconsin needs to finish undefeated and get some help along the way.
                  Last edited by UMDbulldogs#1; 10-22-2011, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Dammit. I think that's a TD.

Comment

Good hopping Lord in a pickle can.

And they've got a shaking camera in the most important part of this review.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Touchdown Michigan State. No way that gets overturned via replay.

Edit: no way that isn't overturned via replay.
                        Last edited by UMDbulldogs#1; 10-22-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
                          Touchdown Michigan State. No way that gets overturned via replay.
                          Only hope for Bucky is that the call on the field was actually no TD.

Edit: Not much of a one, as it turns out.

Comment

Sweet clod-kicking Jesus knickers.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                              Only hope for Bucky is that the call on the field was actually no TD.
                              Like I said, no way they rule that no touchdown after seeing a replay.

Comment

Terrible call, but I can't complain. The Badgers just aren't good enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X