X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I'd settle for the "I'm Better'n You!" status.
    Hell, I'm still working on "Better than Dirt" status.
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

The worst flight I have been on was an A319 with Spirit from Plattsburgh, NY to Miami. Incredibly cramped seats, much more than any regional jet I've been on. Plus full of Frenchies from Quebecois.

I'm usually fine with any aisle seat, but if I have flights over 2 hours and can get an emergency row upgrade for $25 or less, I generally do it. Best seat I've had was an exit row on an MD88 or 90 where there was no exit row seat in front of me. Leg room for days.

Comment

When I was living in Seattle, I would usually take the redeye out of town. The NWA/Delta flight would leave Seatac at 12:50am and land in MSP at about 6:00 am local time. I'd have a regular day in Seattle, head to the airport about the time I'd head to bed, crash for an hour or two on the flight, by dad would pick me up at the airport, we'd grab some breakfast. Leaving MSP I'd grab the last flight of the night, usually the 10:30 pm which would get me back to Seatac about midnight. It was a strange schedule, but it kept me from feeling that I was losing days to travel as opposed to enjoying where I was at.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Any flight I've ever had on a CRJ goes immediately to the bottom third, those things are hell. Amsterdam-Detroit was my best flight ever...bulkhead Economy Comfort seat, got about 8 free Woodford Reserves and a glass (not those plastic POS's) from the flight attendant I chatted with during takeoff, movies on demand, and even a place the prop up my feet.
          The CRJ 700,800, or 900s arent bad but a 100 or 200 F that 5hit thank god Delta is cutting over half of those little ****ers out of their fleet with their new contract with the pilots
          Originally posted by Twitch Boy
          Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

I hate when you're asked to leave the bookstore bc you put the "Caution Wet Floor" sign next to the 50 Shades of Grey display.

Stolen from Men's Humor on twitter, but now added to my prank list.

Comment

Good news: in my first softball game since breaking my arm playing softball last summer, I had four hits (and a pop-out, but nobody's perfect) and made some good picks at first base. Go me!

Bad news: after playing hockey and softball yesterday afternoon, my knees are KILLING me. Hoven, is this what it's like to get old?
              Cornell University Men's Hockey
              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                Good news: in my first softball game since breaking my arm playing softball last summer, I had four hits (and a pop-out, but nobody's perfect) and made some good picks at first base. Go me!

Bad news: after playing hockey and softball yesterday afternoon, my knees are KILLING me. Hoven, is this what it's like to get old?
                That is what it's like when you play sports all your life and/or you have a physical job (which I know you don't, you pencil jockey ).

Actually, except after the first couple games of a season, I never really was sore. Those first games, it was more muscle ache than joint ache.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So I'm going to be filling in with a Thin Lizzy tribute band in September. I never really dug them too much but the other guys involved are so good that when they ask you to play with them, you just say yes.

Anyway, I started listening to them a few weeks ago. Holy smokes! I never could get past the hits (Boys are Back in Town, Jailbreak, Whiskey in the Jar), but man oh man is that one hell of a band beyond that. I had no idea they were that good.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Anyone else notice in the "Cupid Shuffle" video, Cupid never actually does the Cupid Shuffle?

Comment

What the hell is the cupid shuffle?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        you don't want to know
                        hey ref! woop woop woop!

*warning* i'm a cynical, sarcastic, narcissistic, paranoid, insecure, overly defensive, napoleonic, insultive, emotionally and mentally unstable, brash, insensitive, apathetic, vulgar, egotistical, humourless, arrogant, passive aggressive ex-band nerd...may be hazardous to others.
                        *disclaimer* this is not a band endorsed post and signature.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl
                        You are the BEST NMU FAN EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          It's a brand new dance, you gotta move your muscle.

...about 5 years ago

Comment

Did the **** Party thread get nuked? I could swear I posted in it this morning.
                            Cornell University Men's Hockey
                            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                              Did the **** Party thread get nuked? I could swear I posted in it this morning.
                              Looks like it. So did the NHL and Olympic threads...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

As well as Priceless' Top 58 programs on the D-1 side.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X