This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

I don't mind early flights. I usually leave on weekdays, and it's usually business travelers (and seemingly less crowded at the airport), which means less chance for crying babies and idiots who hold up security because they don't know the rules. Sure, it's a beech to try and alter my schedule the night before, but in the end it's worth it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      Waking up that early blows goats but if you can sleep on the plane I think it's worth it.
      I don't ever sleep on planes, they're just too uncomfortable. But I think its worth it because I don't like wasting an entire day. Usually when I get an early flight like that, I still have enough of the day to get some stuff done after I get to my destination. Either early or flights after 5 in the afternoon, so I can do stuff before leaving.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I don't ever sleep on planes, they're just too uncomfortable. But I think its worth it because I don't like wasting an entire day. Usually when I get an early flight like that, I still have enough of the day to get some stuff done after I get to my destination. Either early or flights after 5 in the afternoon, so I can do stuff before leaving.
        I've somehow managed to sleep on planes, but I too like the early flights so i can still get things done once I get to my destination, last week was a good example worked on Monday and took a late flight friday so we go stuff done in the morning.

Best flight Ive ever taken is the 540am Delta from Green Bay to Detroit, plane is CRJ900 that is about a 1/3rd full, first time i was ever asked if I wanted fruit on a plane
        Originally posted by Twitch Boy
        Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

I've found I can sleep just about anywhere. I've actually fallen asleep standing up. Happened twice when we were in London and I was trying the approach of brute forcing myself to readjust my internal clock. Worked like a charm.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
            Best flight Ive ever taken is the 540am Delta from Green Bay
            Any flight leaving Green Bay is the best flight ever.

I don't really like early morning flights - I prefer late-night ones, at least where I have a cheap/free place to stay - but they're usually the cheapest so I'll go with them.
            Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
            I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
            Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
              I've somehow managed to sleep on planes, but I too like the early flights so i can still get things done once I get to my destination, last week was a good example worked on Monday and took a late flight friday so we go stuff done in the morning.

Best flight Ive ever taken is the 540am Delta from Green Bay to Detroit, plane is CRJ900 that is about a 1/3rd full, first time i was ever asked if I wanted fruit on a plane
              Any flight I've ever had on a CRJ goes immediately to the bottom third, those things are hell. Amsterdam-Detroit was my best flight ever...bulkhead Economy Comfort seat, got about 8 free Woodford Reserves and a glass (not those plastic POS's) from the flight attendant I chatted with during takeoff, movies on demand, and even a place the prop up my feet.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I've found I can sleep just about anywhere. I've actually fallen asleep standing up. Happened twice when we were in London and I was trying the approach of brute forcing myself to readjust my internal clock. Worked like a charm.
                95% of the time my knees are so sore from being jammed into the seat in front of me that there's no way I can fall asleep.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

95% of the time my knees are so sore from being jammed into the seat in front of me that there's no way I can fall asleep.
                  This. Even a front row seat is rather tight, due to my long legs.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Any flight I've ever had on a CRJ goes immediately to the bottom third, those things are hell. Amsterdam-Detroit was my best flight ever...bulkhead Economy Comfort seat, got about 8 free Woodford Reserves and a glass (not those plastic POS's) from the flight attendant I chatted with during takeoff, movies on demand, and even a place the prop up my feet.
                    You've never flown on a SAAB 340 have you? Makes CRJ's seem roomy and comfortable.

Best flight I've taken was an Allegiant Air MD-80 from FAR to LAS. Leather seats, much more room than your average passenger jet.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Pay the extra $20 and get an exit row.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        You've never flown on a SAAB 340 have you? Makes CRJ's seem roomy and comfortable.

Best flight I've taken was an Allegiant Air MD-80 from FAR to LAS. Leather seats, much more room than your average passenger jet.
                        Yes, I have 3 or 4 times. They suck too, but at least on those I always had the single seat.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

That's one thing I cannot do most of the times I do fly. I have an "in" that gets me a good deal on flights. I get whatever seat they give me, period. Although I've usually gotten the best of the worst: front row or aisle seat. Never an exit row, though.

Comment

Can't for work, and that is 95% of my travel. It doesn't matter anymore, I'm at Silver Medallion, I get exit rows for free now. Also get checked baggage free and sometimes I can get free Economy Comfort and Business Class.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Can't for work, and that is 95% of my travel. It doesn't matter anymore, I'm at Silver Medallion, I get exit rows for free now. Also get checked baggage free and sometimes I can get free Economy Comfort and Business Class.
                              Frequent Flyer club names are lame. I don't want to have "Silver Medallion" status, I want to have "Kick-Arse Seating" status.
                              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                                Frequent Flyer club names are lame. I don't want to have "Silver Medallion" status, I want to have "Kick-Arse Seating" status.
                                I'd settle for the "I'm Better'n You!" status.

Comment

Working...
                                X