Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    5^(((5+5+5+5+5)/5)-5)=?
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

Indeed.

Integral(1/n^2) from 1 to infinity? (A personal favorite of mine since the answer is so bizarre. (Yes, I have favorite integrals. I'm a math nerd, sue me.)
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Why are doing calculus?

Now that I have a degree I don't need to do calculus anymore!
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Why are doing calculus?

This. Seriously.

Comment

Why are doing calculus?

Hey, you brought up differential equations first.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              Where do you think I went?
              North Dakota, which negates anything that went before....

Comment

Would you virgins stop nerding up this thread?

Anyway...
                Keep Putting Condoms On For Great Sex
                That couldn't be farther from the troof.

"Katy Perry Claims Orgasms Feel Good Sometimes"
                Katy Perry has awesome boobs. That is all.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

First you ***** because no one is posting in here, now you ***** because of the contents of the posts when people actually do post...
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

First you ***** because no one is posting in here, now you ***** because of the contents of the posts when people actually do post...
                    That's cause he's a *****. You might be too if you had metal stick into your ****.

Comment

Not to take away from this fascinating discussion of arithmetic, but I had a good experience for the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" file that I wanted to share:

One of my fiancee's good friends is getting married in Jamaica this December. We were originally going to make a two-night trip of it, but we discovered that flying back on Monday is a lot cheaper than flying back Sunday (enough so to more than offset the hotel room for the extra night), so we decided to go Friday-Monday. JetBlue flies direct from NYC to Montego Bay, but the round trip was a couple of hundred dollars cheaper if we booked with a connecting flight outbound, so we planned to leave at 9am on Friday, have an hour-long layover in Orlando, and arrive in Jamaica at 3pm.

This morning, I got an email from JetBlue letting me know of a "schedule change to my flight". Instead of what I mentioned above, we were scheduled to leave at 6am on Friday (meaning getting to the airport at like 4am, which I think even BBDL would agree is pretty early). We'd still connect in Orlando, but instead of an hour-long layover, it would be a 2:40 layover, and we'd arrive at 1:20pm. It was, pretty clearly, a markedly worse flight, leaving very early in the morning and only arriving at our destination about an hour and a half earlier. (The return flight was changed as well, but not significantly so.)

So, I figured, let's call JetBlue customer service. The worst they can do is say that they can't do anything and keep me on this new flight. I pulled up their schedule for our departing date and saw that our original departing flight was no longer available (they changed the departure time of the second leg from 1:15pm to 11:35am, so the earlier first leg was necessary to make the connection). However, there were two direct flights, one departing at 7am and one at 11:50am, both of which had enough seats available not to display a "2 seats left at this price" (or however many) notification. 7am was still earlier than I wanted to leave, and the late-morning arrival might have gotten us there earlier than we would have been allowed to check in to the hotel, plus the 11:50 departure would only get us in 50 minutes later than the original flight.

I decided to try to get put on the 11:50 flight, accept the 7am flight as a second choice, and ask for a credit toward future travel (because, honestly, even the new flight they had scheduled us for was better than our options on other airlines) as a last resort. There wasn't any need for fallback options, it turned out, because the friendly phone agent was happy to put me on the 11:50am flight for no added charge (though it would cost us about $100 more each if we were to book those flights now than what we originally paid). So now we have a comfortably timed departure, a direct flight both ways, and a low enough airfare to justify the extra night. Score!

(Yes yes, I know, tl;dr.)
                      Cornell University Men's Hockey
                      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

I have 6am flights fairly often, they're not too bad.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I have 6am flights fairly often, they're not too bad.
                          I don't mind them, although in my situation it necessitates a hotel near the airport since I'm a 3 hour drive away. That's pretty sweet though, jmh.

Comment

What, were you riveted by that fascinating discussion? Even JHM thought it was lame. And who's more lame than JHM?

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            That's cause he's a *****. You might be too if you had metal stick into your ****.
                            Is that supposed to be funny? Not sure if...

Comment

My flight to Disney on Friday is at 6:30am. I'm not a fan of those flights but it will give us pretty much the full day in Orlando.

Comment

Waking up that early blows goats but if you can sleep on the plane I think it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X