This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

Someone randomly paid for MEg and I at The Loon Cafe. That was random, cool, and kinda wired. Said we were to pay it forward.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

My co-worker order eel for dinner when we were on a business trip in Europe this past week. It looked like the Jolly Green Giant had diaharrea on a dinner plate.

Comment

Went to a concussion seminar last week, led by a local doc who specializes in concussions. He was going through the bit about how all of the concussion-saver helmets and devices are all gimmicks and don't really prevent concussions. Here's the actual conversation that followed:

Soccer mom in audience: Yes, but those headbands with the indicator help some, don't they?
        Doctor: No, not at all. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to wear a headband, but it won't prevent a concussion.
        Soccer mom: But it provides some cushion.
        Doctor: Not much, and it doesn't really matter. They don't work.
        Soccer mom: But I tested it!
        Doctor: How?
        Soccer mom: I put it on, and banged my head against the wall. Then I took it off, and banged my head against the wall again. It hurt more the second time.

Had to admire the doc for not laughing at her.

Comment

I'm not sure if Darwin was right, but it certainly appears that the phenomenon he came up with isn't progressing fast enough.
          Cornell University Men's Hockey
          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Wasn't this once a fun, active thread?
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
              you're imagining things again
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                you're imagining things again
                He's probably high.

First Showerbeer of summer was consumed tonight. It was glorious.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Markt View Post
                  Went to a concussion seminar last week, led by a local doc who specializes in concussions. He was going through the bit about how all of the concussion-saver helmets and devices are all gimmicks and don't really prevent concussions. Here's the actual conversation that followed:

Soccer mom in audience: Yes, but those headbands with the indicator help some, don't they?
                  Doctor: No, not at all. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to wear a headband, but it won't prevent a concussion.
                  Soccer mom: But it provides some cushion.
                  Doctor: Not much, and it doesn't really matter. They don't work.
                  Soccer mom: But I tested it!
                  Doctor: How?
                  Soccer mom: I put it on, and banged my head against the wall. Then I took it off, and banged my head against the wall again. It hurt more the second time.

Had to admire the doc for not laughing at her.
                  That's what happens when we let women out of the kitchen...
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                    Yeah, until YOU started posting in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      He's probably high.

First Showerbeer of summer was consumed tonight. It was glorious.
                      Awesome. I had one in Tampa, it fit into the flow of the weekend quite well.
                      Cornell University Men's Hockey
                      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                        Awesome. I had one in Tampa, it fit into the flow of the weekend quite well.
                        I have a feeling that a Showerwhiskey might be in play in a couple weeks for the divadork sh*show...depends on how it goes. You just can't force that kind of awesomeness. It has to happen naturally.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I have a feeling that a Showerwhiskey might be in play in a couple weeks for the divadork sh*show...depends on how it goes. You just can't force that kind of awesomeness. It has to happen naturally.
                          I often will have a bathwhiskey or bathbourbon when I'm soaking in Epsom salts after a tough workout. It's very nice.
                          Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                            I often will have a bathwhiskey or bathbourbon when I'm soaking in Epsom salts after a tough workout. It's very nice.
                            Bath salts! That explains EVERYTHING!

Comment

Bath salts! That explains EVERYTHING!
                              I've been doing bath salts since before it was cool. Still haven't had the urge to eat someone's face off though. One day maybe.
                              Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                                I've been doing bath salts since before it was cool. Still haven't had the urge to eat someone's face off though. One day maybe.
                                I would recommend you don't try it out on a dirty, bearded, homeless person for your first taste of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X