X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    How much money did they waste figuring this out: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/1...tudy-confirms/
    But now they've quantified what was already suspected:

On average, every 0.1 milligram per milliliter increase in study participants' blood alcohol levels raised their likelihood of having unprotected sex by 5 percent, the researchers found.
    Soon to follow a new study on just how wet is water.

Comment

Alright ya buncha fricks. My band is hitting the west coast in March and we're fundraising.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...t-tour-project

Buy something! Get stuff back! Help us pay for this tour!
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

According to Liberty University's banner ad. "Training a Champions for Christ"

You don't need no education if you have god.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          Alright ya buncha fricks. My band is hitting the west coast in March and we're fundraising.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...t-tour-project

Buy something! Get stuff back! Help us pay for this tour!
          Wait, aren't people supposed to pay you to tour?

Maybe you could get some locals to kick in money so you leave where you are now.

Comment

My apartment now smells of bacon (breakfast) and porchetta (late lunch). It's a wonderful smell. And the meat smog also has been rejuvenated.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
              Wait, aren't people supposed to pay you to tour?

Maybe you could get some locals to kick in money so you leave where you are now.
              Well yeah we will get paid for each show, but there's a tremendous outlay of costs initially - getting to and from the tour (west coast, from east coast in this case), van rental/deposit, the merch we need to have ready for sale, etc. Plus whatever gear we'll be renting for a backline.

Music is incredibly expensive. In the age of record labels, they would finance this (and recoup it through album sales), but since record labels only really deal with huge bands now (or are simply tiny distributors), more and more bands are going the DIY route and financing everything themselves.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

At what point in the transition from the Hold Steady and Yeah Yeah Yeahs to Bon Iver (album of the year my ***) and Destroyer did "indie rock" become Brian-Eno-meets-Kenny-G ambient smooth jazzy garbage? These guys make the Decemberists look like AC/DC. I feel like I need to go do penance at the Church of Joey Ramone to purify my ears.
                Cornell University Men's Hockey
                NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                  At what point in the transition from the Hold Steady and Yeah Yeah Yeahs to Bon Iver (album of the year my ***) and Destroyer did "indie rock" become Brian-Eno-meets-Kenny-G ambient smooth jazzy garbage? These guys make the Decemberists look like AC/DC. I feel like I need to go do penance at the Church of Joey Ramone to purify my ears.
                  I don't understand a single thing in this post, except for the word "transition" after that, I have no idea what any of that means.

edit: Oooohh, AC/DC, I know them!
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    I don't understand a single thing in this post, except for the word "transition" after that, I have no idea what any of that means.

edit: Oooohh, AC/DC, I know them!
                    Presumably you've heard of Joey Ramone too.
                    Cornell University Men's Hockey
                    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

You do realize that there are plenty of harder edged indie bands, stop reading Pitchfork! (have no idea of Pitchfork's taste anymore, but I do know they haven't gotten better since I stopped reading them about 6 years ago) Also, front man of Hold Steady: Minnesotan, front man of Bon Iver: Wisconsinite. Coincidence?
                      Old Monster Records

Comment

I really dislike Bon Iver. They get a ton of play on the station I listen to. UGH. Just hearing the lead singer's voice makes me want to punch him in the face.

Comment

Presumably you've heard of Joey Ramone too.
                          I would actually doubt that bb_dl has.

Comment

****it! USCHO is stuck on mobile mode on my computer

I change it but it changes back!
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              ****it! USCHO is stuck on mobile mode on my computer

I change it but it changes back!
                              Clear your cookies.
                              Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                                Clear your cookies.
                                Ah Perfect. I was wondering if that would do the trick but was hesitant. Firefox lets you delete cookies/history within the last hour.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X