This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Well, given that starting tomorrow, the red line north of Harvard will be closed and buses used to shuttle passengers you might be better off driving every where. If you do stay at that Days Inn, wouldn't you have to drive to Bright Arena anyway? And getting to the Aquarium from there isn't that big a deal.
      Thanks for the heads-up about the red line. I guess I probably will go with that Days Inn, we've walked to Harvard Square from there before.
      Cornell University Men's Hockey
      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Is Boston the city where it's cheaper to get a parking ticket than it is to park in a ramp/garage? I thought I read that a few years ago.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
          Thanks for the heads-up about the red line. I guess I probably will go with that Days Inn, we've walked to Harvard Square from there before.
          Don't discount priceline or one of the other discount sites. I'm staying in Boston next Thursday and got a room at Boston Marriott Copley Place for much less than nightly rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
            Not good enough for San Diego?
            Guess not? The Swedish band is booking it, we're just along for the ride.

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
            Because everyone in a band is responsible with drugs...

...except for the idiots that OD on them.
            Which has what to do with my question?

Anyway, was without cable for about 5 days, and everyone around me was without power for that time. ****ty.

Also, played those 2 nights in NY. Thank Christ I have today to recover. That was quite the weekend of shows and partying. I'm not 22 anymore..........
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
              Guess not? The Swedish band is booking it, we're just along for the ride.

Which has what to do with my question?

Anyway, was without cable for about 5 days, and everyone around me was without power for that time. ****ty.

Also, played those 2 nights in NY. Thank Christ I have today to recover. That was quite the weekend of shows and partying. I'm not 22 anymore..........
              What band are you touring with?
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

The Quill. They're pretty rad.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Wow.

(301):

my post shower fart this morning sounded like hulk ripping through a phonebook
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

That person might want to go back into the shower after that.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

How is sitting up in a deer stand "hunting?" I'd say you're sitting on your a**, not hunting. Hunting involves stalking prey - the act of tracking the prey and finally shooting it. In a deer stand, you're sitting on your a** and shooting the herds' retards that couldn't catch a whiff of your foul a**.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        How is sitting up in a deer stand "hunting?" I'd say you're sitting on your a**, not hunting. Hunting involves stalking prey - the act of tracking the prey and finally shooting it. In a deer stand, you're sitting on your a** and shooting the herds' retards that couldn't catch a whiff of your foul a**.
                        In most cases, I agree with you. However, what about Howie the Hunter who does His Homework to prepare for His Hunt. Getting out 6 weeks before the season, finding deer sign, maybe even some buck sign. Places said stand near the areas that he thinks are hot. I consider that to be hunting, because it really doesn't make it that much different than if he made a ground blind to shoot from, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          In most cases, I agree with you. However, what about Howie the Hunter who does His Homework to prepare for His Hunt. Getting out 6 weeks before the season, finding deer sign, maybe even some buck sign. Places said stand near the areas that he thinks are hot. I consider that to be hunting, because it really doesn't make it that much different than if he made a ground blind to shoot from, does it?
                          In addition, hangs multiple stands for different wind directions depending on the day.

I wonder what he considers a deer drive then?
                          Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                          Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

So polar bears don't hunt seals?
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Lemon meringue pie sounds really good right about now.

Comment

Subbed at Cooper High School today. It was good day. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X