Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

    Levi's standard jeans are harder to come by nowadays. Had to buy their "side" line, something called Denizen. Not happy.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

    Comment


    • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

      Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Levi's standard jeans are harder to come by nowadays. Had to buy their "side" line, something called Denizen. Not happy.
      You can't just go buy 505's anymore?
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

      RIP - Kirby

      Comment


      • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

        Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        You can't just go buy 505's anymore?
        Not from what I saw. I know Levi is struggling, but really, I may have to switch to your beloved Wranglers. Makes me sad. At least Wrangler is a standard jean and not some designer crap.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

        Comment


        • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

          Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Not from what I saw. I know Levi is struggling, but really, I may have to switch to your beloved Wranglers. Makes me sad. At least Wrangler is a standard jean and not some designer crap.
          They still make 505's you just need to shop at different stores. As in, not city people stores.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

          RIP - Kirby

          Comment


          • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

            Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            They still make 505's you just need to shop at different stores. As in, not city people stores.
            Might have to. At least I have a non-worn pair for the weekend.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

            Comment


            • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

              Originally posted by jmh View Post
              I'm not sure if Darwin was right, but it certainly appears that the phenomenon he came up with isn't progressing fast enough.
              The reason why that woman and others like her exist is because stupid people reproduce more than smart people do. While you're boning your girlfriend with rubbers or other means of birth control being used, many others are throwing caution (and jizz) to the wind, resulting in pregnancies. The end result is more criminals and more idiots walking the earth.

              Evolution works, but it works for those that reproduce. If you don't do that, you're not voting in the genetic election.

              Comment


              • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Levi's standard jeans are harder to come by nowadays. Had to buy their "side" line, something called Denizen. Not happy.
                So long as you plan ahead and don't need them immediately, you can go online to make the purchase. If something's what you're used to wearing and you know how the company makes its stuff, buying clothes online can save you a lot of money.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                Comment


                • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                  Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  So long as you plan ahead and don't need them immediately, you can go online to make the purchase. If something's what you're used to wearing and you know how the company makes its stuff, buying clothes online can save you a lot of money.
                  I'll have to look into that. Of course, I wear an odd size (prefer 30x34, but can live with 32x34). That never helps.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                  Comment


                  • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                    You what drive me nuts? When you're stopped at a light, in the left of two lanes planning to go straight, and the car in front of you chooses to put his left blinker on AFTER the light turns green. What....does the sound make you fly off into a rage that you can't sit at the light with it on, alerting the folks driving up behind you that you plan to take a left so they might not want to wait behind you? is that TOO MUCH to ask????

                    *cough*

                    Soooo, lovely day we're having today!

                    Comment


                    • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                      Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      You what drive me nuts? When you're stopped at a light, in the left of two lanes planning to go straight, and the car in front of you chooses to put his left blinker on AFTER the light turns green. What....does the sound make you fly off into a rage that you can't sit at the light with it on, alerting the folks driving up behind you that you plan to take a left so they might not want to wait behind you? is that TOO MUCH to ask????

                      *cough*

                      Soooo, lovely day we're having today!
                      People who do not signal annoy me as well.
                      tUMD Hockey

                      "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

                      Comment


                      • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                        Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        People who do not signal annoy me as well.
                        They're called Asians. Come on, you can say it.

                        Comment


                        • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                          Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                          They're called Asians. Come on, you can say it.
                          Pretty much. As someone who lives near North St Paul, I can honestly say this area has the highest density of terrible drivers in the state. They truly are terrible drivers. Nothing scares me more than a young, Asian female on the phone.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                          Comment


                          • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                            Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I'll have to look into that. Of course, I wear an odd size (prefer 30x34, but can live with 32x34). That never helps.
                            Exactly why ordering on line makes sense. I buy my dress shirts on line - otherwise they fit me like a tent (thick neck for the rest of me).

                            Comment


                            • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                              Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              Exactly why ordering on line makes sense. I buy my dress shirts on line - otherwise they fit me like a tent (thick neck for the rest of me).
                              My shirts usually hang on me, because I usually have to buy XL, due to my long limbs (same reason behind the difficulty in finding the right sized pants). Whenever I get fitted for a tux, the fitters have to manually override the computer to enter the measurements.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                              Comment


                              • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                                Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                Exactly why ordering on line makes sense. I buy my dress shirts on line - otherwise they fit me like a tent (thick neck for the rest of me).
                                Where you do you buy your dress shirts? I have the same problem.

                                This doesn't work for Brent, though, because you can't pay with a check if you buy online.
                                /obligatory
                                Cornell University Men's Hockey
                                NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X