• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

What the hell is the cupid shuffle?

Leave a comment:

• Tiggsy
    replied

Anyone else notice in the "Cupid Shuffle" video, Cupid never actually does the Cupid Shuffle?

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied

So I'm going to be filling in with a Thin Lizzy tribute band in September. I never really dug them too much but the other guys involved are so good that when they ask you to play with them, you just say yes.

Anyway, I started listening to them a few weeks ago. Holy smokes! I never could get past the hits (Boys are Back in Town, Jailbreak, Whiskey in the Jar), but man oh man is that one hell of a band beyond that. I had no idea they were that good.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by jmh View Post
    Good news: in my first softball game since breaking my arm playing softball last summer, I had four hits (and a pop-out, but nobody's perfect) and made some good picks at first base. Go me!

Bad news: after playing hockey and softball yesterday afternoon, my knees are KILLING me. Hoven, is this what it's like to get old?
    That is what it's like when you play sports all your life and/or you have a physical job (which I know you don't, you pencil jockey ).

Actually, except after the first couple games of a season, I never really was sore. Those first games, it was more muscle ache than joint ache.

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

Good news: in my first softball game since breaking my arm playing softball last summer, I had four hits (and a pop-out, but nobody's perfect) and made some good picks at first base. Go me!

Bad news: after playing hockey and softball yesterday afternoon, my knees are KILLING me. Hoven, is this what it's like to get old?

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

I hate when you're asked to leave the bookstore bc you put the "Caution Wet Floor" sign next to the 50 Shades of Grey display.

Stolen from Men's Humor on twitter, but now added to my prank list.

Leave a comment:

• Painted_Bandit
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Any flight I've ever had on a CRJ goes immediately to the bottom third, those things are hell. Amsterdam-Detroit was my best flight ever...bulkhead Economy Comfort seat, got about 8 free Woodford Reserves and a glass (not those plastic POS's) from the flight attendant I chatted with during takeoff, movies on demand, and even a place the prop up my feet.
    The CRJ 700,800, or 900s arent bad but a 100 or 200 F that 5hit thank god Delta is cutting over half of those little ****ers out of their fleet with their new contract with the pilots

Leave a comment:

• Almington
    replied

When I was living in Seattle, I would usually take the redeye out of town. The NWA/Delta flight would leave Seatac at 12:50am and land in MSP at about 6:00 am local time. I'd have a regular day in Seattle, head to the airport about the time I'd head to bed, crash for an hour or two on the flight, by dad would pick me up at the airport, we'd grab some breakfast. Leaving MSP I'd grab the last flight of the night, usually the 10:30 pm which would get me back to Seatac about midnight. It was a strange schedule, but it kept me from feeling that I was losing days to travel as opposed to enjoying where I was at.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

The worst flight I have been on was an A319 with Spirit from Plattsburgh, NY to Miami. Incredibly cramped seats, much more than any regional jet I've been on. Plus full of Frenchies from Quebecois.

I'm usually fine with any aisle seat, but if I have flights over 2 hours and can get an emergency row upgrade for $25 or less, I generally do it. Best seat I've had was an exit row on an MD88 or 90 where there was no exit row seat in front of me. Leg room for days.

Leave a comment:

• Beer Pong Horn
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I'd settle for the "I'm Better'n You!" status.
    Hell, I'm still working on "Better than Dirt" status.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
    Frequent Flyer club names are lame. I don't want to have "Silver Medallion" status, I want to have "Kick-Arse Seating" status.
    I'd settle for the "I'm Better'n You!" status.

Leave a comment:

• Beer Pong Horn
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Can't for work, and that is 95% of my travel. It doesn't matter anymore, I'm at Silver Medallion, I get exit rows for free now. Also get checked baggage free and sometimes I can get free Economy Comfort and Business Class.
    Frequent Flyer club names are lame. I don't want to have "Silver Medallion" status, I want to have "Kick-Arse Seating" status.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Pay the extra $20 and get an exit row.
    Can't for work, and that is 95% of my travel. It doesn't matter anymore, I'm at Silver Medallion, I get exit rows for free now. Also get checked baggage free and sometimes I can get free Economy Comfort and Business Class.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Pay the extra $20 and get an exit row.
    That's one thing I cannot do most of the times I do fly. I have an "in" that gets me a good deal on flights. I get whatever seat they give me, period. Although I've usually gotten the best of the worst: front row or aisle seat. Never an exit row, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X