This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

I try to be at work by 7:00, some days it drifts back to 7:15.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

7-3:30 right now.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I have flex time, but I usually arrive between 8:30 and 9, and I've stayed as late as 7. We've got some guys who come in as late as 11:30, but they work into the evening. And of course, there is the graveyard shift on the helpdesk.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I have flex time, but I usually arrive between 8:30 and 9, and I've stayed as late as 7. We've got some guys who come in as late as 11:30, but they work into the evening. And of course, there is the graveyard shift on the helpdesk.
          My brother doesn't have to be at work until 11:00, but gets there at 6/6:30 and does 9 hour days (gets every other Friday off).
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I have several relatives that have 48 on/96 off-type jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
              I have several relatives that have 48 on/96 off-type jobs.
              Cops?

I'd love to work 4 10 hour days. That extra day off would be so worth it.

The plus about my shift is that it caters to my night owl personality. The minus is that unless I use PTO, I usually miss the start of Gopher hockey games.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I'd love to work 4 10 hour days. That extra day off would be so worth it.
                I do that and I love it. I have Mondays off, so I get a long weekend, and my boss and co-workers are flexible enough that I can switch my day off (like if I want to go to a baseball game ). I usually work 7-5 or 6-4... plus oncall time. The only downside (besides getting up early) is that if I have to work late... that's a loooong day.

Comment

I usually work 10-6:30. And no, my job doesn't spill into my personal life. And yes, I own my condo. I do, however, have a degree.

And for some stupid reason, I'm trying to get out of this cubicle slavery thing and earn a living off music.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                    I usually work 10-6:30. And no, my job doesn't spill into my personal life. And yes, I own my condo. I do, however, have a degree.

And for some stupid reason, I'm trying to get out of this cubicle slavery thing and earn a living off music.
                    Mr. wore Black, it that you?

You might be interested in Mr. wore Black's new band, Fire.
                    Originally posted by Skeeterman
                    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I usually don't have to work extra hours when I'm in the office, but when I travel I put in more time. I'll leave late in the afternoon and travel during time I'd normally be off of work, and when I'm away from the office I end up working on-site all day which usually ends up being a longer day than normal, then I work for a few hours in the evening to check/respond to emails and put out any fires I missed during the day.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                        Mr. wore Black, it that you?

You might be interested in Mr. wore Black's new band, Fire.
                        Fire, what do they play with the band "Water" or something?

</awesome joke>

Comment

Pfffft, for the past year I've worked 6-12 am and pm, 28 days straight then 14 days off. But I'm in a very unique career field (driving tugboats). Once I complete my training next month I'll be doing 12-6 instead, but same 28/14 schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            Fire, what do they play with the band "Water" or something?
                            Why not Gasoline or Wood?

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                              Why not Gasoline or Wood?
                              Because shut up. That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                Pfffft, for the past year I've worked 6-12 am and pm, 28 days straight then 14 days off. But I'm in a very unique career field (driving tugboats). Once I complete my training next month I'll be doing 12-6 instead, but same 28/14 schedule.
                                I wouldn't mind having the 28/14 schedule, just because I would love having 2 weeks straight off. Yeah, 28 straight sucks, but I think it balances out.

My worst work schedules were back when I was in school, specifically my senior year of high school. The teachers at my school went on strike for 3 weeks, so we got 3 weeks off, right during harvest. For those 3 weeks I worked 6am-10pm 7 days/week. My grandpa loved it, because he could go back to being retired because he didn't need to help anymore. The other job that had some bad hours was when I worked at the golf course over the summer. Had to be punched in by 5am, then walk-mowed greens for a few hours right away in the morning. We only worked until 2, though, so I was able to go out for 18 holes after work pretty often, which was a nice perk.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X