Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    So, Sunday night I was watching the Golden Globe Awards and I was on Twitter at the same time. Gerard Butler and Mila Kunis were out to present one of the awards and Gerard Butler, being the fine Scotsman that he is, was talking about Moneyball and tried to say the Oakland A's but it sounded like Auckland A's. So I tweeted "The Auckland A's? I didn't know New Zealand had a baseball team." I just check my mentions and saw I got a tweet back from Baseball New Zealand saying "As a matter of fact we do!" and that they're hosting the World Baseball Classic (or championship or whatever) and the Arizona Diamondbacks will be participating. Ha! I thought that was totally random.
    Heh, nice.

    I thought Seth Rogen had the best line of the night.
    Cornell University Men's Hockey
    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

    Comment


    • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

      Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      So, Sunday night I was watching the Golden Globe Awards and I was on Twitter at the same time. Gerard Butler and Mila Kunis were out to present one of the awards and Gerard Butler, being the fine Scotsman that he is, was talking about Moneyball and tried to say the Oakland A's but it sounded like Auckland A's. So I tweeted "The Auckland A's? I didn't know New Zealand had a baseball team." I just check my mentions and saw I got a tweet back from Baseball New Zealand saying "As a matter of fact we do!" and that they're hosting the World Baseball Classic (or championship or whatever) and the Arizona Diamondbacks will be participating. Ha! I thought that was totally random.
      So you have twitter followers in New Zealand!?!?! Wow, your awesomeness is international!

      Comment


      • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

        Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        That's not what ESPN tries to convince me.
        But ESPN thinks Giants vs. Jets is a "Battle of New York."
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

        It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

        The 2009 Poser of the Year

        Comment


        • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

          Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          So you have twitter followers in New Zealand!?!?! Wow, your awesomeness is international!
          Yeah, I mean, how the hell does a NZ organization end up following Scarlet?
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

          Comment


          • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

            They're not following me. I don't know how they found the tweet, though. I'm sure they have ways.

            Comment


            • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

              Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              They're not following me. I don't know how they found the tweet, though. I'm sure they have ways.
              I'm sure someone from some tourist agency just sits and searches "New Zealand" and responds to tweets painting New Zealand in a positive light.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

              RIP - Kirby

              Comment


              • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                I'm sure someone from some tourist agency just sits and searches "New Zealand" and responds to tweets painting New Zealand in a positive light.
                That could be. Either way, that's *ing awesome. Hey, she should use that on Hottie Bartender: "Hey, New Zealand Baseball tweeted me the other day. I KNOW!"
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                Comment


                • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                  Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  That could be. Either way, that's *ing awesome. Hey, she should use that on Hottie Bartender: "Hey, New Zealand Baseball tweeted me the other day. I KNOW!"
                  I just might do that!!

                  Comment


                  • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I just might do that!!
                    Doooo itttttttt.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                    Comment


                    • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                      Originally posted by jmh View Post
                      Heh, nice.

                      I thought Seth Rogen had the best line of the night.
                      Wait, you watched the Golden Globe awards?

                      You know how I know you're gay?
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                      Comment


                      • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                        Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                        Wait, you watched the Golden Globe awards?

                        You know how I know you're gay?
                        He let another man touch his wang and penetrate it with a needle? Wait, no, I'm thinking of someone else.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                        "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                        "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                        Comment


                        • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                          (I had a female piercer)
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                          Comment


                          • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                            Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            Wait, you watched the Golden Globe awards?

                            You know how I know you're gay?
                            Yeah, there's nothing on the Golden Globes that straight men would appreciate.

                            *****http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2012/01/16/217371-2012-golden-globes.jpg******
                            Cornell University Men's Hockey
                            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

                            Comment


                            • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                              What's with chicks using the red eyeliner these days? It makes them all look like they're all high as a giraffe's ***. Combine that with the waif-like bodies, and it's like they're going for a heroine addict's look.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                              "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                              "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                              Comment


                              • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                                Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                What's with chicks using the red eyeliner these days? It makes them all look like they're all high as a giraffe's ***. Combine that with the waif-like bodies, and it's like they're going for a heroine addict's look.
                                I haven't seen that, but it doesn't sound attractive.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                                RIP - Kirby

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X