X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
    You do realize that there are plenty of harder edged indie bands, stop reading Pitchfork! (have no idea of Pitchfork's taste anymore, but I do know they haven't gotten better since I stopped reading them about 6 years ago) Also, front man of Hold Steady: Minnesotan, front man of Bon Iver: Wisconsinite. Coincidence?
    You're a hipster who's too cool for Pitchfork? JFC, that's like the Bible to hipsters.

You must be like some kind of super-hipster. Hipster 2.0.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I would actually doubt that bb_dl has.
      If they don't play it on K102...then I probably don't know it. There is some rock, and 80's stuff that I know, though.

edit: And Brantley, he's mostly rock with some country songs, and listen to him right now!
      Last edited by bigblue_dl; 12-21-2011, 02:44 PM.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        You're a hipster who's too cool for Pitchfork? JFC, that's like the Bible to hipsters.

You must be like some kind of super-hipster. Hipster 2.0.
        Honestly, Pitchfork's been dead to the 'hipster' community for quite some time. I just went to their homepage and they have stuff on Amy Winehouse, ?uestlove, Big Boi, Trent Reznor/Karen O, and Nicki Minaj...not exactly indie staples. And I know they have a hard-on for Kanye and Jay-Z and a ton of other big names that don't need the recognition. I still mostly read http://www.adequacy.net/ and http://www.tinymixtapes.com/ for music. But at the end of the day I usually just check out local bands who will never be bigger than the dive venues in town, and I'm fine with that.
        Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
          You do realize that there are plenty of harder edged indie bands, stop reading Pitchfork! (have no idea of Pitchfork's taste anymore, but I do know they haven't gotten better since I stopped reading them about 6 years ago) Also, front man of Hold Steady: Minnesotan, front man of Bon Iver: Wisconsinite. Coincidence?
          Yep, I know there are (I'm enjoying Neon Trees at the moment), I'm just sorta mystified by the adulation for this stuff. I'm not really a huge fan of Pitchfork, but I will confess that I love reading lists, and theirs is long and occasionally entertaining, if aggravating.

Also, Les Paul was from Wisconsin, which makes up for a lot of Bon Iver.
          Last edited by jmh; 12-21-2011, 02:56 PM.
          Cornell University Men's Hockey
          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Red Solo cup, I fill you up. Lets have a Partyyyyy! Proceed to Partyyyyy!
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Red Solo cup, I fill you up. Lets have a Partyyyyy! Proceed to Partyyyyy!
              They performed that on Glee the other week.

**waits for bb_dl's head to asplode**

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                They performed that on Glee the other week.

**waits for bb_dl's head to asplode**
                As long as I don't have to see or hear it, I can continue to pretend that Glee doesn't exist.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Beer at White Castle? Hmmm... I like that idea. After a few beers it might make those burgers taste better because I can't stomach one in my right mind.

Comment

indie rock and hipster music is a blight upon this good Earf. We much quash it before it ruins more upper middle class white suburban kids.

*****http://texasgunowner.com/forum/images/smilies/violent-smiley-017[1].gif***********http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2010/4/2/80%20Please%20Die%20Hipsters_thumb.jpg******
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

What. The. F*K?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

He's supposed to drink PBR, not imported beer. Though Corona is much nastier than PBR, so...

Comment

If it wasn't for the beard, I'd have thought that was a chick.

This guy screams "helllllloooooooooo" if you know what I mean.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            If it wasn't for the beard, I'd have thought that was a chick.

This guy screams "helllllloooooooooo" if you know what I mean.
                            You're sayin' he's a queer.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

But he's gay ironically.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                You're sayin' he's a queer.
                                Indeed.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X