Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

    Random fact: the sandwich chain Earl of Sandwich is owned by the actual current Earl of Sandwich. It's pretty decent, too.
    Cornell University Men's Hockey
    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

    Comment


    • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

      Any of the Bostonians on here want to help me find a hotel for next Friday?
      Cornell University Men's Hockey
      NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

      Comment


      • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

        Originally posted by jmh View Post
        Any of the Bostonians on here want to help me find a hotel for next Friday?
        Sure, go to www.priceline.com and type in "Boston" in the city box, then select the date for next friday and click "search". You should have plenty of options. Good Luck!
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

        RIP - Kirby

        Comment


        • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

          Originally posted by jmh View Post
          Any of the Bostonians on here want to help me find a hotel for next Friday?
          What are you going to be doing while here?

          Comment


          • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

            Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            What are you going to be doing while here?
            Well gee, now that BBDL told me the secret, I guess I don't need your help after all.

            Going to the Cornell @ Harvard game next Friday night. Probably going to drive up so ideally looking for something with on-site parking, and also ideally something close to the Red Line if it isn't near Harvard, so that we'd have the option to take the train rather than need to drive to the game. I'd just reserve at the Days Inn on Soldiers Field Road and be done with it, except that there's a chance I might get dragged to see my girlfriend's friend's band play at a bar near the Aquarium after the game, and getting there from near Harvard would be a pain in the butt.
            Cornell University Men's Hockey
            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

            Comment


            • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

              Thank God hunting opener was today/this weekend. Work was slowwwwww. Even got out on time. If I had been late to see the UND-MN game, someone woulda been cut.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

              Comment


              • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Thank God hunting opener was today/this weekend. Work was slowwwwww. Even got out on time. If I had been late to see the UND-MN game, someone woulda been cut.
                We always say that the Sportsmen's Opener is this weekend. We bat cleanup in a couple weeks, and let the lead fly, with the sole purpose of population control.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                RIP - Kirby

                Comment


                • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                  Originally posted by jmh View Post
                  Well gee, now that BBDL told me the secret, I guess I don't need your help after all.

                  Going to the Cornell @ Harvard game next Friday night. Probably going to drive up so ideally looking for something with on-site parking, and also ideally something close to the Red Line if it isn't near Harvard, so that we'd have the option to take the train rather than need to drive to the game. I'd just reserve at the Days Inn on Soldiers Field Road and be done with it, except that there's a chance I might get dragged to see my girlfriend's friend's band play at a bar near the Aquarium after the game, and getting there from near Harvard would be a pain in the butt.
                  Well, given that starting tomorrow, the red line north of Harvard will be closed and buses used to shuttle passengers you might be better off driving every where. If you do stay at that Days Inn, wouldn't you have to drive to Bright Arena anyway? And getting to the Aquarium from there isn't that big a deal.

                  Comment


                  • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    We always say that the Sportsmen's Opener is this weekend. We bat cleanup in a couple weeks, and let the lead fly, with the sole purpose of population control.
                    Are you talking deer or people?

                    Comment


                    • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                      Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                      Are you talking deer or people?
                      Our only rule is: "if its brown, its down"
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

                      RIP - Kirby

                      Comment


                      • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Our only rule is: "if its brown, its down"
                        Well yes, it's polite to flush after dropping a deuce.

                        Comment


                        • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Our only rule is: "if its brown, its down"
                          So if it's yellow, do you let it mellow?
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                          Comment


                          • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Our only rule is: "if its brown, its down"
                            I knew you were racist rednecks, but I had no idea it was that bad!

                            Comment


                            • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                              Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              I knew you were racist rednecks, but I had no idea it was that bad!
                              Hence my question.......
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                              Comment


                              • Re: TRP: Changing Conferences Since 1999

                                Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                So if it's yellow, do you let it mellow?
                                And if it's black, send it back
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                                Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                                Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                                Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X