This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Sheesh, the talent at SC seem personally injured by the last play in the New England MNF game.
    Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Sarah Spain calls out Numbers Never Lie for useless Knicks talk
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

She's a great follow on Twitter and Facebook. I've been reading her stuff since she worked for WGN. Good for her!
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

That is fantastic.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Truly spectacular. I love it when ESPN personalities call the network out for being a steaming pile of ****.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              She's a great follow on Twitter and Facebook. I've been reading her stuff since she worked for WGN. Good for her!
              And she's quite stacked!

(oh, come on, nobody else wanted to say that?)
              Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                And she's quite stacked!

(oh, come on, nobody else wanted to say that?)
                Are we allowed to call her Lady of Spain?
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Are there viewers who actually want this much draft coverage?

Is anyone out there actively watching and thinking - YES! Mel is up next! Haven't heard from him since yesterday and I bet he's got something new for me coz I gotta know who that team from across the country that I don't care about might pick in the second round at number 42, assuming of course that that other team from the other corner of the country that I also don't care about doesn't trade up and grab that guy first which would lead to...

JFC... it would be hard to be the on air talent and have to present this stuff every day as somehow interesting.

It's gotten to the point where I barely care who my own team gets coz I'm so sick of hearing about it. Tell me our picks all at once on Monday.

Or don't. See you in July although I'd rather wait till the end of August.
                  Last edited by Gurtholfin; 05-06-2014, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Is anyone out there actively watching and thinking - YES! Mel is up next! Haven't heard from him since yesterday and I bet he's got something new for me coz I gotta know who that team from across the country that I don't care about might pick in the second round at number 42, assuming of course that that other team from the other corner of the country that I also don't care about doesn't trade up and grab that guy first which would lead to...

JFC... it would be hard to be the on air talent and have to present this stuff every day as somehow interesting.

It's gotten to the point where I barely care who my own team gets coz I'm so sick of hearing about it. Tell me our picks all at once on Monday.

Sadly there are people who can not live without football... These are the same people that watch NCAA Spring games and analyze them... These people start going through withdrawal 4 days after the Superbowl, and their shakes don't go away till camps open up in July...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I used to love following mock drafts when I had more time...now it's overkill, not to mention this info is so bad, acting like things have changed a ton with new mocks all the time. I've heard repeatedly from guests on Dan patrick show that they do the mocks because that's what people want and now...they've changed their focus from what teams should do to guessing what they will do...nothing better than the good old days when Mel would rip a GM live during draft coverage for making the wrong pick in his eyes.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        I used to love following mock drafts when I had more time...now it's overkill, not to mention this info is so bad, acting like things have changed a ton with new mocks all the time. I've heard repeatedly from guests on Dan patrick show that they do the mocks because that's what people want and now...they've changed their focus from what teams should do to guessing what they will do...nothing better than the good old days when Mel would rip a GM live during draft coverage for making the wrong pick in his eyes.
                        Trev Alberts right? I believe Mel was furious with the Colts for not taking Trent Dilfer. Funny stuff. Of course, the Colts also drafted future Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk. Not too bad of a pick.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Just wait until Johnny football and/or the Clown start to struggle. Then the coverage will just blanket the TV- just like Tebow.

The coverage makes me like football a lot less.

Or put into another way, instead of watching sports center while i work out at the gym, I'm watching the Barcalay's Premier League. Futbol is more interesting than sportscenter.

Although, to be honest, it's not just the draft, but it's the NBA coverage that is sickening. I actually know no person at work who watches that. But people who I didn't think like hockey are glued to the playoffs. hmm. Futbol it is.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            Just wait until Johnny football and/or the Clown start to struggle. Then the coverage will just blanket the TV- just like Tebow.

The coverage makes me like football a lot less.

Or put into another way, instead of watching sports center while i work out at the gym, I'm watching the Barcalay's Premier League. Futbol is more interesting than sportscenter.

Although, to be honest, it's not just the draft, but it's the NBA coverage that is sickening. I actually know no person at work who watches that. But people who I didn't think like hockey are glued to the playoffs. hmm. Futbol it is.

Draft coverage and treating fantasy like it should be talked about on TV & radio have hurt how much I enjoy the NFL season (and offseason, unfortunately).

And yes, they are so happy that Johnny Football came along to fill the Tebow regular slot on SC, First Take & M&M.

I remember like 20-25 years ago when Sport Center was a must watch. Now I never watch it and only catch snippets when my kid has it on.

Comment

I remember like 20-25 years ago when Sport Center was a must watch. Now I never watch it and only catch snippets when my kid has it on.
                              Agreed. I leave it on for background noise occasionally, but never really watch it. I do go to their website though pretty much every day, but that is largely to find out game times, scores, standings, etc., and I also like to read the different blogs they have.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                I don't know if I could think of a bigger insult to Sportscenter than this.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X