X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    The NHL Preview Issue of ESPN The Magazine came out today.

HAHAHAHAHA Not really. It's "The Bay Area Issue" which focuses on the 49ers and Raiders.

But hockey is mentioned. The NHL Preview gets 3 pages (one is a full-page picture of Shawn Thornton and Colton Orr fighting) in the issue. Rather than actually talk about the sport, ESPN polled players on such exciting topics as: Are goalie pads too big, should the instigator rule be abolished and would you play in the KHL? If you look closely enough, you can see that ESPN's six "experts" (Buccigross, Melrose and four nobodies) all pick western conference teams to win the Stanley Cup. Bucci, Mullet and Craig Custance take the Kings, Pierre LeBrun takes the BlackHawks to repeat, Katie Strang picks the Sharks and Scott Burnside was obviously smoking something when he picked the Coyotes.

No team by team preview. No conference or division break down. Real in-depth stuff, ESPN.
    I did catch FS Live spending five minutes with Chelios on the NHL Preview. Already way ahead of the mothership if you ask me.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Anyone else just see the highlight of the awesome Jonathan "Huberto" goal?
      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

• Originally posted by XYZ View Post
        Anyone else just see the highlight of the awesome Jonathan "Huberto" goal?
        Midfielder for Manchester United?

Comment

Does a 90 minute sportscenter really need roughly 60 minutes about what Irsay said about Peyton?
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Does a 90 minute sportscenter really need roughly 60 minutes about what Irsay said about Peyton?
            Slow news day and LeBron's cell phone was turned off?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              No.

It needs at least 75.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                Another case of ESPN making a story out of nothing. When I first read Irsay's comments, I took it as him saying he was disappointed he couldn't win more Super Bowls FOR Peyton Manning rather than WITH Peyton Manning. Turns out I took it the way it was intended. Think, ESPN: why would Jim Irsay come out a week after talking about the grand spectacle of the ceremony for Manning's return to Indianapolis and talk about how crappy he is? Answer: he wasn't. You once again misconstrued someone's comment to screw them.

How much of SportsCenter has been devoted to how Adrian Peterson apparently has NINE kids? If I was a multi-million dollar athlete, I'd have a guy in my posse whose only job is to buy me condoms. And then there'd be another dude to sobercab my rich *** around every town I go to.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                  Another case of ESPN making a story out of nothing. When I first read Irsay's comments, I took it as him saying he was disappointed he couldn't win more Super Bowls FOR Peyton Manning rather than WITH Peyton Manning. Turns out I took it the way it was intended. Think, ESPN: why would Jim Irsay come out a week after talking about the grand spectacle of the ceremony for Manning's return to Indianapolis and talk about how crappy he is? Answer: he wasn't. You once again misconstrued someone's comment to screw them.

How much of SportsCenter has been devoted to how Adrian Peterson apparently has NINE kids? If I was a multi-million dollar athlete, I'd have a guy in my posse whose only job is to buy me condoms. And then there'd be another dude to sobercab my rich *** around every town I go to.
                  They can spend time looking into that, but can't look up Huberdeau's name to pronounce it correctly.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Lets be honest, if you were a multi-million dollar athlete, you wouldn't worry about condoms, but you'd have a guy with a 5 gallon pail full of Plan B to hand out every morning.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Lets be honest, if you were a multi-million dollar athlete, you wouldn't worry about condoms, but you'd have a guy with a 5 gallon pail full of Plan B to hand out every morning.
                      I feel like the pail would be too bulky for the dude in my imaginary posse.

Comment

I feel like the pail would be too bulky for the dude in my imaginary posse.
                        Your imaginary posse is made up of midgets?
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

The NHL preview was all of 3 pages and wasn't really a preview at all, more of graphical representations of useless polls. The NBA preview not only has a cover with King James on the cover, but ****SIXTY**** pages which are devoted to guess who. Unfreakingbelievable.

Comment

It's really not unbelieveable.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

no, it's to be expected. hockey fans are a small, small percentage of us sports fans. and a small, small percentage of nba fans.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I just found this Rece Davis quote on Awful Announcing and honestly laughed hysterically out loud.

"Five turnovers in 6 plays. That's enough to make (Bobby) Petrino want to take a motorcycle ride."

Comment

Working...
                                X