X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Complain About ESPN" Thread

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
    Probably not in the same sense as you find things fun, like raping dead vermin and all, but I'd like to think I'm a pretty good time.

It was just a bit confounding that people were actually, truly upset that Gameday chose to do a weekend in Fargo. All over social media. The things people choose to get upset about...Ragging on their decision to go to Fargo was especially amusing. Especially when it comes from people who live in their mom's basement, or such huge metropolitan areas like St. Louis Park (the arsehole of Hennepin County) or...Maine.

I don't why you people perpetuate this myth against us. You cannot rape something that's dead. I would think that you goat-rapers would understand the difference between our peoples.

As for the other subject, my favorite Gamedays are when they go to the unlikely or out of the way spots. Who wants to see them in Columbus, Tuscaloosa or any of those places again?

Comment

Probably not in the same sense as you find things fun, like raping dead vermin and all, but I'd like to think I'm a pretty good time.

It was just a bit confounding that people were actually, truly upset that Gameday chose to do a weekend in Fargo. All over social media. The things people choose to get upset about...Ragging on their decision to go to Fargo was especially amusing. Especially when it comes from people who live in their mom's basement, or such huge metropolitan areas like St. Louis Park (the arsehole of Hennepin County) or...Maine.
      If you think anyone here was upset at all, I think you are mistaken. I thought it was incredibly cool that GameDay came to Fargo but that certainly doesn't mean I'm going to blow sunshine up NDSU's arse and pretend that I like anything about them.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        If you think anyone here was upset at all, I think you are mistaken. I thought it was incredibly cool that GameDay came to Fargo but that certainly doesn't mean I'm going to blow sunshine up NDSU's arse and pretend that I like anything about them.
        Admit it, you like the fact that it's the one "major" university in ND to actually have a school mascot for its athletics program.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

St. Louis Park annexed Cedar-Riverside?

I fail to see how SLP can be the ***hole of Hennepin County when we have an Olive Garden, sir.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            That's racist! Damm Somalis!

And there's also Crooklyn Park.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

I fail to see how SLP can be the ***hole of Hennepin County when we have an Olive Garden, sir.
              Wait... St. Louis Park is considered not nice now?

What does that make Richfield?
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Wait... St. Louis Park is considered not nice now?

What does that make Richfield?
                No, johnnypohlfan is just really bad at making jokes.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  That's racist! Damm Somalis!

And there's also Crooklyn Park.
                  I thought it was Brooklyn Dark
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    I thought it was Brooklyn Dark
                    You have options. It's a progressive town.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      You have options. It's a progressive town.
                      Brooklyn Dark and Crooklyn Center.

There's also No Hope and St Jewish Park. For larger cities, it starts with White Cloud.

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

There's also No Hope and St Jewish Park. For larger cities, it starts with White Cloud.

White Castle?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Crystal Meth?
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

It's wager time. Tonight's wager will be does the opening night of the NHL make the first half hour of SportsCenter?
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                              It's wager time. Tonight's wager will be does the opening night of the NHL make the first half hour of SportsCenter?
                              Fixed.

Comment

The NHL Preview Issue of ESPN The Magazine came out today.

HAHAHAHAHA Not really. It's "The Bay Area Issue" which focuses on the 49ers and Raiders.

But hockey is mentioned. The NHL Preview gets 3 pages (one is a full-page picture of Shawn Thornton and Colton Orr fighting) in the issue. Rather than actually talk about the sport, ESPN polled players on such exciting topics as: Are goalie pads too big, should the instigator rule be abolished and would you play in the KHL? If you look closely enough, you can see that ESPN's six "experts" (Buccigross, Melrose and four nobodies) all pick western conference teams to win the Stanley Cup. Bucci, Mullet and Craig Custance take the Kings, Pierre LeBrun takes the BlackHawks to repeat, Katie Strang picks the Sharks and Scott Burnside was obviously smoking something when he picked the Coyotes.

No team by team preview. No conference or division break down. Real in-depth stuff, ESPN.

Comment

Working...
                                X